Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does really suck we couldn't snaffle NGA for Alix Tauru or Moraes. What was the requirement(s) we failed on out of curiosity?
Both have a parent/s from an English speaking country. As has been mention a few times having Brazil as an English speaking country country is ridiculous. Anyways what's done is done and we move on.

Both have a parent/s from an English speaking country. As has been mention a few times having Brazil as an English speaking country country is ridiculous. Anyways what's done is done and we move on.

Ah that's right - remember reading this.

Meh - Hawks heritage is to win cups without handouts.

Don’t have any info but seems like eagles are about to split pick 3 for liam baker

Imagine trading Pick 3 for Baker and Pick 12

Lmao, shows the type of idiotic list management that we have to negotiate with in order to get Barrass. They could’ve just accepted our offer for Pick 14 + a future third for barrass and then use that as well as an added future pick of their own or something to trade for Baker, but instead they do the dumbest thing ever and trade away pick 3 for Baker instead, in an amazing draft.
Hopefully we can still get the barrass deal done with wce list mismanagement

Last edited:
Got quads like Gary Ayres too
And he has traits that see you make it. He’s living up to the beast title with his chase and tackling on top of size, but he’s pretty quick and somewhat evasive too. I also like that he can kick decently in both sides and hits the scoreboard. For a late bid match it’s a no brainer in my view he could start as a pressure forward as he develops his body, tank and craft.

Lmao, shows the type of idiotic list management that we have to negotiate with in order to get Barrass. They could’ve just accepted our offer for Pick 14 + a future third for barrass and then use that as well as an added future pick of their own or something to trade for Baker, but instead they do the dumbest thing ever and trade away pick 3 for Baker instead, in an amazing draft.
Hopefully we can still get the barrass deal done with wce list mismanagement
I think we need to see the full trade before we judge, i am sure they are getting more than just Baker and 12.

Whilst everything is so boring here's a trade from the vault. It feels like yesterday when Silk arrived on crutches and a lot of us were wondering where Clarko bought his crack from LOL. Seriously though with the Barrass deal looking to be done soon it seems we are in a very similar postion to that day 15 years ago when we made a move for the man that put the finishing touches on ending the Kennett Curse.

A couple of things to note here:
  • Love that it was the Cats that helped the deal to get across the line
  • Geez the Cats are the masters getting something for not much and it's so fitting that their colours are the same as the Jewish
  • Who dafaq is Wade Thompson?
  • Rhan Hooper by memory was very talented but also very lazy but was serviceable for the Lions
  • The good guys won this trade 🙌

Hawthorn
Gave – Mark Williams, Pick 9 (Andrew Moore), Pick 89 (not used)
GotShaun Burgoyne, Pick 58 (Rhan Hooper)

Port Adelaide
GaveShaun Burgoyne, Pick 24 (Jake Carlisle), Pick 40 (Allen Christensen), Pick 56 (Josh Cowan)
GotJay Nash, Pick 9 (Andrew Moore), Pick 16 (Jasper Pittard), Pick 97 (Wade Thompson)

Essendon
GaveJay Nash, Pick 16 (Jasper Pittard), Pick 42 (Nathan Vardy), Pick 58 (Rhan Hooper)
Got – Mark Williams, Pick 24 (Jake Carlisle), Pick 33 (Anthony Long), Pick 89 (not used)

Geelong
Gave – Pick 33 (Anthony Long), Pick 97 (Wade Thompson)
Got – Pick 40 (Allen Christensen), Pick 42 (Nathan Vardy), Pick 56 (Josh Cowan)

Last edited:
And he has traits that see you make it. He’s living up to the beast title with his chase and tackling on top of size, but he’s pretty quick and somewhat evasive too. I also like that he can kick decently in both sides and hits the scoreboard. For a late bid match it’s a no brainer in my view he could start as a pressure forward as he develops his body, tank and craft.
Notice how I quads and not calves like Gary Ayres? That man has the biggest baby cows I've ever seen on an individual. He real wouldn't have looked out of place as Conan the Barbarian 😂

Whilst everything is so boring here's a trade from the vault. It feels like yesterday when Silk arrived on crutches and a lot of us were wondering where Clarko bought his crack from LOL. Seriously though with the Barrass deal looking to be done soon it seems we are in a very similar postion to that day 15 years ago when we made a move for the man that put the finishing touches on ending the Kennett Curse.

A couple of things to note here:
  • Love that it was the Cats that helped the deal to get across the line
  • Geez the Cats are the masters getting something for not much and it's so fitting that their colours are the same as the Jewish
  • Who dafaq is Wade Thompson?
  • Rhan Hooper by memory was very talented but also very lazy but was serviceable for the Lions
  • The good guys won this trade 🙌

Hawthorn
Gave – Mark Williams, Pick 9 (Andrew Moore), Pick 89 (not used)
Got – Shaun Burgoyne, Pick 58 (Rhan Hooper)

Port Adelaide
Gave – Shaun Burgoyne, Pick 24 (Jake Carlisle), Pick 40 (Allen Christensen), Pick 56 (Josh Cowan)
Got – Jay Nash, Pick 9 (Andrew Moore), Pick 16 (Jasper Pittard), Pick 97 (Wade Thompson)

Essendon
Gave – Jay Nash, Pick 16 (Jasper Pittard), Pick 42 (Nathan Vardy), Pick 58 (Rhan Hooper)
Got – Mark Williams, Pick 24 (Jake Carlisle), Pick 33 (Anthony Long), Pick 89 (not used)

Geelong
Gave – Pick 33 (Anthony Long), Pick 97 (Wade Thompson)
Got – Pick 40 (Allen Christensen), Pick 42 (Nathan Vardy), Pick 56 (Josh Cowan)

It turned out to be a lucky trade in that I’m pretty sure the club only planned to get 3 years out of him which would have ended in 0 flags.

Instead of the 12 years and 3 flags we got. It’s the great unknown with trading. Just don’t know how someone’s body is going to hold up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is simple

West coast was offered a 1st and a 2nd with a 3rd coming back for Barrass. They rejected that because they did want to give away the 3rd.
So Sleepy gave EXACTLY what the Eagles asked with a future 1st and a future 2nd without a 3rd coming back.

I love it.
If the deal for Barrass is not accepted (a F1 & a F2) then the Hawks will have a great hand in 2025 for the many high quality free agents coming due in 2025.

For me next year, Battle is enough for the Hawks to be a better team, along with McCabe's emergence.

We will not lose a player from our team that took us to the finals, our boys now know what they are capable of doing, and we have a player that was a top 3 in the oppo's Best and fairest.

I'd be happy to set with what we have (2 x F1s and 2 x F2) and forget this years draft... with a view to a Big trade next year.

Imagine trading Pick 3 for Baker and Pick 12

Just lunacy if it plays out this way from Clarke and the Weagles.

If they had just taken 14 from us, they would be done, up on a few picks and Baker whilst keeping 3.

With us moving on, they’ve blasted their own foot off to seize a player in their late 20s.

Talk about setting their rebuild back even further. Surely they cannot be this idiotic.

Guys, stop making snap judgements based off every trade that occurs.

Think big picture.
I thought I did that with this comment, "I'd be happy to set with what we have (2 x F1s and 2 x F2) and forget this years draft... with a view to a Big trade next year".

There is nothing snap about that, it is 100% big picture

Last edited:
Must be more to the pick 3 split than Twomey is alluding to. It’s outrageously bad.
Its so bad that if it goes thru, Eagles board/fans will be out for blood and the demand for 2 F1's for Barrass can become a non-negotiable.

We need to do everything in our power to save the Eagles from this harakiri, side benefit is Blues don't get Pick 3 and FoS.

Pick 3 can go to Saints or demons in pick swap.

Guys, stop making snap judgements based off every trade that occurs.

Think big picture.
This is BigFooty.
Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Nightcap

Its so bad that if it goes thru, Eagles board/fans will be out for blood and the demand for 2 F1's for Barrass can become a non-negotiable.

We need to do everything in our power to save the Eagles from this harakiri, side benefit is Blues don't get Pick 3 and FoS.

Pick 3 can go to Saints or demons in pick swap.
Congratulations on spelling that correctly - something that appears to be beyond most professional journalists.

To be fair Day is that genuine gun. I'm also optimistic about Mackenzie with additional endurance and strength training. Both missing against Port which contributed to their midfield dominance.

I do think we should look to target another one but not this offseason.Day was one of the two i mentioned.

Day was one of the two that I think is a genuine gun, along with Newk

I hope Mackenzie, pushes up. Because next year, we will certainly be hunted. Teams will go to town on our game plan over the pre season.
Not being the surprise anymore is the hard part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back