Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With the outcry from media and own supporters on the WCE deal with CAR and RIC, i have a feeling they have no choice but to dig there heels on Barrass to save their skin in some ways.
We have committed to him so i can't see how we don't get him over the line. I think 1 F1 + 1 F2 is more than adequate for Barrass whereas WCE are after our 2 F1. It might end up being 1 F1 + 2 F2 for Barrass + F3...to get the deal done.

Whilst it's based off Cal Twomey's last Draft Form guide, I think that this Weagles' supporter has summarized their draft choices well:

I am still amazed that the Weagles are happy getting two likely non Top 10 picks in what is considered a much weaker draft next year.

Would have to be the WCE F2 coming back our way, if that went ahead.
Prefer 26+F3 and a swap of eagles F2 with hawks F2's at bare minimum if it has to go that way.

So assuming same finishing positions( no FS/Academy pick inserted)

11( B-F1), 13(H-F1), 31(H-F2) for Barass, 26, 21(W-F2), 38(W-F3)

11+13+31 for 21, 26, 38+ Barrass

Problem is I am sure Blues will crater in 2025 and so want to keep their F1 & F2. So above deal can be ok at 7.25pm tomorrow but till then we should try diff variations of 2 F2's & Hawks F1 and if none of that works see if DGBies is the one that opens their Eyes, sounds like Owies too.

PS : the one good thing about visiting the Eagles board is that their draft/trade thread has Lore's spreadsheet stickied on top and recap of trades done till now. Saves fans asking inane questions on picks we have or can get.

Mods, pls note eldorado fyi

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you imagine wrecking your marriage and alienating your friends over the draft?
It would be an Adam Sandler movie if it wasn't so sad....and then broadcasting online how ridiculous you are.
At the very least I keep my ridiculousness behind closed doors.
It's the AFL Trade Week take on a well-worn Twitter posting meme

Can you imagine wrecking your marriage and alienating your friends over the draft?
It would be an Adam Sandler movie if it wasn't so sad....and then broadcasting online how ridiculous you are.
At the very least I keep my ridiculousness behind closed doors.
I think he was more referring to Old mate being Don Pyke. Has completely screwed the rebuild process up for the Weagles

Which bit of 29 year old Tom Barrass is not worth 2 x first rounders do they not understand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back