Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not unhappy if the deal falls through.

Barrass is a quality player and he is contracted. If he was 26 there is no problem with 2x firsts. But he’s turning 30 next year, and he has well documented chronic back issues that he will “have to manage forever” (his own words).

A future first and future second is fair value, and we’re not obligated to pay overs because West Coast made risky trades and want to save face.

Barrass is an upgrade over Frost as the anchor, but Frost is still serviceable enough that our defence was top 3 in the league from rounds 6-our exit. We’ve added Battle and Blanck is returning from an ACL. We don’t need to be going crazy.

Having two firsts and seconds next year sets us up for a raid, or protects us if we have a down year.

Definitely has the potential to be a list killer (combined with last year giving F1 for Schulz)

During Naicos golden years, too.

Daicos' prime won't be for a while - but if they get this wrong they could be anchored down the bottom end of the ladder during it.

We'd honestly look silly now if we 'overpaid' with two 1sts for Barrass.

I wonder how this ends, because I can't see us folding and I can't see him not playing for Hawthorn next year.

IF it falls through I'd actually be quite excited by our future draft hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos' prime won't be for a while - but if they get this wrong they could be anchored down the bottom end of the ladder during it.

Yep, it can be a while to dig out of failed top ups. Like us, Tiges, Eagles. You have to be able to pick the eyes out of late selections and/or have a blessed academy run. Geelong 2022 might be a significant anomaly.

It's always extra delicious when this stuff happens to SA/WA clubs. Footy mad cities where local media runs on telling locals that the sun shines out of their team's rears.

Expectations are always through the roof from the outset. A perfect setup for crash and burn melts.

Suns need some points for this year and next year, wonder if we can do a 3-way here to help Eagles save face..

Suns
Get Pick 33, Eagles F2
Give Pies F1

Eagles
Get Pies F1, Hawks F1
Give Barrass, F2

Hawks
Get Barrass
Give Pick 33, F1

Suns are only interested in points for Lombard and Uwland next year and you'd expect Pies F1 is a mid teens pick anyway.. Hawks give up 33 instead of F2 but get their guy

Suns need some points for this year and next year, wonder if we can do a 3-way here to help Eagles save face..

Suns
Get Pick 33, Eagles F2
Give Pies F1

Eagles
Get Pies F1, Hawks F1
Give Barrass, F2

Hawks
Get Barrass
Give Pick 33, F1

Suns are only interested in points for Lombard and Uwland next year and you'd expect Pies F1 is a mid teens pick anyway.. Hawks give up 33 instead of F2 but get their guy

Giving up pick 33 means our first pick this year would be 71 - I don't think that is a good idea.

I’ve been wondering why the Barass deal is being held up.
Then I see Don Pyke’s head pop up in relation to the Baker deal.
I reckon power stance Donny has his grubby mits involved in all this, he’s the Eagles Peter Bellend.

Suns
Get Pick 33, Eagles F2
Give Pies F1

Eagles
Get Pies F1, Hawks F1
Give Barrass, F2

Hawks
Get Barrass
Give Pick 33, F1

Ironically pick 50 that they just added to the port pies deal is about what they are short. We need pick 33 to add a KPF. If you swapped us and eagles so they give suns 26 and we give f2 that is better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back