Get Pick 33, Eagles F2
Give Pies F1

Eagles
Get Pies F1, Hawks F1 & F2
Give Barrass, 26, F2

Hawks
Get Barrass, 26
Give Pick 33, Hawks F1 & F2

Would like to ask for Eagles F4 in as well and give that to Suns in exchange for any of their pick in 50's they get when the Rioli trade goes down.. These are the steak knives.

PS : I am actually surprised in the Baker deal the Eagles didn't even push for swap of 24 with 26. Even Tigers fan didn't value Baker at Pick 14 but Matty Clarke & team did.
F4 isn't worth any points next year. Round 3 pick 54 is the last pick worth any points (14).

No but I would rather 2 bites at 12 and 14 than 1 bite at 3 in a very even draft across the first 15 or so kids. The proposed top 4 are far from standouts. Trading pick 14 for Baker was the biggest mistake in that trade.

I'm happy we backed ourselves in to take players like Watson.
When you get a high pick, you need cajones to back your evaluation and belief in what your team is going to look like and play like.

HFC made an inspired choice with the Wizard, I still love the Mackenzie pick, and am happy to wear a DGB pick every now and then on the mantra that we back the people paid to make those decisions. Even a Wardy who needs some seasoning-time and luck with injuries was the right call for our Club, he's everything you want to see around your joint.

12 and 14 feel like Ginbey area picks for mine, and that's not bad as I think he'll be a decent player.
But it's the top 6-7 players where you should feel you're going to get game changers, tone setters, and stage lighters who electrify the supporters.

If you get it wrong, so be it. Make sure you are good in the back-end rounds to mitigate miscalculations.
That's what has gotten us back over these last 5-8 years, those later round and rookie picks who find a way others haven't forecast, and that allow you to really target an early round draft pick player with the chance to be elite from their very start.

Wait until tomorrow…
Computer Working GIF

Maybe so, but teams like certain players in the draft pool and want the chance to pick those specific players. FOS, Lalor and Langford seem to be the early top three Vic players. I imagine the Bluuz have their eyes on one of them.

If every club considered the draft to be so even then we should have sold pick 14 to WCE, telling them it's pretty much pick 1 anyway.
Its fair enough but WCE have done this before

If we get the trade for TB done for F1 and F2 I’m happy as it’s what Carlton gave us for pick 14.

WC need a F1 for Warner if they are going to try and bring him home next year.

If the trade doesn’t get done then we have still added Battle and have Frost and Blanck coming back from injury.

Happy to keep the future picks in the last compromised draft before Tassie come in.

TB will be worth less draft capital next year as a 30 yo. WC know they have to get this done and after todays efforts we aren’t negotiating with scholars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love having 33, 2 x F1, and 2 x F2, considering where our list is at.

Ball's in our court, I'm hoping we can extract greater value from these somehow.

Not the end of the world if we don't get Barass, and the world will be our oyster in using these 5 picks.

Clubs see us as easy to deal with, but the penny has struck that it can set you back for a long time doing this, like the Clarko years. No more.

I'd like to see us give 2 x F2 an F3 and DGB.
Adding Battle and Gameplan tweaks from Sam should keep us in the top bracket defensively regardless of Barass. Have 4 great picks for one last hurrah next year before Tassie, and we're set up beautifully

Paul Roos biggest Hawthorn hater tossa that’s ever lived

Paul Roos serves a purpose in that if you ever have a low moment and think you’re just a miserable piece of shit, you can rest easy knowing you’ll never be as miserable a piece of shit as that campaigner.

Have a look
What am I having a look at? You said:

“I am getting nervous that it will take 2 first rounders to get this done to save face and spare west coast facing the wrath of their supporters. West coasts erratic valuing of picks and players is worrying.“ and I asked why we needed to save face.

As far as I’m concerned I don’t see anything HFC have done that needs them to ‘save face’. The media may be pushing this angle but we should be doing what’s best for HFC, not what’s best for WCE or any other club. I don’t give a shit what the media or other supporters say, I just want to see Tom Barrass land at HFC tomorrow for a reasonable price, and IMO that is not 2 first rounders.

Barrass is not with a first round pick, if Dan Houston who's 2.5 years younger, and with no injury issues, is not worth a first round pick.

Eagles strategy is too overvalue a player they are shopping around, hoping someone meets halfway, overpays and offers them a first round.

Hawks first round pick looked good back in July when Hawks were out of the 8.
Compared to Houston deal our F1 is more than enough. F2 is bonus for Eagles. Hope club plays hard here.

Just curious where the ‘oh my god how could they!!!’ media articles were when Geelong didn’t allow Kelly to be traded the first time, or Sydney wouldn’t agree to Essendon’s terms for Daniher, or Essendon wouldn’t agree to the Dogs’ terms for Dunkley etc etc. Trades fall over all the bloody time - we are under no obligation to pay a stupidly inflated price of two first rounders.

Just curious where the ‘oh my god how could they!!!’ media articles were when Geelong didn’t allow Kelly to be traded the first time, or Sydney wouldn’t agree to Essendon’s terms for Daniher, or Essendon wouldn’t agree to the Dogs’ terms for Dunkley etc etc. Trades fall over all the bloody time - we are under no obligation to pay a stupidly inflated price of two first rounders.

Essendon have been bastards to deal with for 20 years, and the media tells me they win the trade period every year. Sydney are the ultimate professionals, despite making a commitment to Joe and not following through.

Roos just has a bone to pick with us for some reason.

If the haggling is over the F3, I hope we can make the first ever connect four trade in AFL history to split the difference.

In: Barrass, F3 (WCE), F4 (WCE)
Out: F1 (Haw), F2 (Haw), F3 (Haw), F4 (Haw)
Well we already sunk St.Kilda's Battleship so why not 😂

The truth is we are in a great position. We either add a KPD or take multiple firsts and seconds forward which can be traded to get into this draft or kept for a big fish play. The talk of damage by not getting Barrass is easily countered it’s turning out to be exactly the trade period a team moving from development to performance needs. Very stable only losing players that aren’t even in the fringe of selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back