Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

TOM BARRASS

West Coast stuffed itself around by letting pick 14 slip last week and surely can’t turn down an offer built around Hawthorn’s future first and second. The Hawks have played this well and should still get their man.
VERDICT: LIKELY

i'm in shock - we have a media person actually making sense!
There are a few with a reasoned view.

Tom Morris on SEN this morning labelled West Coast the most silliest of all clubs in trade week in dealings to that point, asking far too much for Barrass and that Hawthorn had been reasonable all along.

That was before WC then proceeded to ship off their pick 3.

I think we've put a lot of work into him behind the scenes.
If TB doesn't happen this year, I'm expecting 6 picks (mostly firsts and seconds) to be offered for him come next years trade period.
Have to be at least 6 firsts if TB is worth 2....
It remains to be seen whether Harley isn't just another athletically gifted ball butcher, value could peak next year.

IF Harley doesn't see a lot of other young talent coming through, he is going to request a trade to geelong.

If it does happen, no doubt the media idiots will say Geelong’s future fourth is enough with a stale packet of BBQ chips. If nominates another vic club 5 first rounders, the holy grail and the Mona Lisa as a minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our offer there is more than fair, it's probably a bit overs given his age.

But why are west coast not saying what they'll give in addition to Barrass if they want 2 firsts?

Surely they don't expect straight up 2x 1sts for him? They know 22 and a future 2nd back would be the only way that is even remotely possible right?

I think we've put a lot of work into him behind the scenes.
If TB doesn't happen this year, I'm expecting 6 picks (mostly firsts and seconds) to be offered for him come next years trade period.
Country boy, Geelong supporter, Mackie being one of the best list managers, danger probably in his ear already, all things point to Geelong unfortunately if he decides to move!

Tigers are set to have a putrid team, but 8 picks within 24 in a very hyped draft.

Genuinely interested to see if going that all in can be a valid way to build a side. Probably won't know for 7-10 years.

It’s almost an expansion team draft hand. Hopefully the GC version

There are a few with a reasoned view.

Tom Morris on SEN this morning labelled West Coast the most silliest of all clubs in trade week in dealings to that point, asking far too much for Barrass and that Hawthorn had been reasonable all along.

That was before WC then proceeded to ship off their pick 3.
Tom Morris broke the news on West Coast dicking Barrass around with his extension, so I'd expect him to have a more balanced perspective.

Country boy, Geelong supporter, Mackie being one of the best list managers, danger probably in his ear already, all things point to Geelong unfortunately if he decides to move!

City boy, Hawthorn supporter, Mackenzie being one of the best list managers, Roughy probably in his ear already, all things point to Hawthorn if he decides to move.

Re Bailey Smith 12 months ago.

Stop letting Geelong live rent free in your head. This board has some real issues in that department.

City boy, Hawthorn supporter, Mackenzie being one of the best list managers, Roughy probably in his ear already, all things point to Hawthorn if he decides to move.

Re Bailey Smith 12 months ago.

Stop letting Geelong live rent free in your head. This board has some real issues in that department.
Harley is not a city boy ??
Anyways I’m not saying Mackenzie hasn’t been great, his track record has been fantastic, it’s just that when Geelong get a sit down with a player and put their case forward, it seems more often than not other clubs don’t stand a chance.
Plenty of examples Bailey Smith, Clayton Oliver, Bowes. Our list management is really good no doubt but we also shouldn’t be living in denial that we can’t get better. Best to acknowledge the best and learn from them to improve.

Last edited:
Tom Morris broke the news on West Coast dicking Barrass around with his extension, so I'd expect him to have a more balanced perspective.
Hmm, you could be right but I thought it was that Carlton knob on SEN that did

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back