Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

City boy, Hawthorn supporter, Mackenzie being one of the best list managers, Roughy probably in his ear already, all things point to Hawthorn if he decides to move.

Re Bailey Smith 12 months ago.

Stop letting Geelong live rent free in your head. This board has some real issues in that department.

Are you guys talking about the same person or am I confused as anything.

Harley’s a country boy and fairly sure he was a Geelong supporter

Surely Barrass gets done for the F1 and F2 and that’s that. No picks going back and forth just move on. I’d be interested to know what our exact stance is on it all. Wouldn’t be upset if we are willing to let the trade slide but I wonder how much it affects future dealings with players

Surely Barrass gets done for the F1 and F2 and that’s that. No picks going back and forth just move on. I’d be interested to know what our exact stance is on it all. Wouldn’t be upset if we are willing to let the trade slide but I wonder how much it affects future dealings with players
Those comments were about Bailey Smith, just to show how Harley is not necessary heading to Geelong ;)

Does the GWS want to offload some players or maybe some players want to distance themselves from some bad apples

I don't get it . If it wasn't in public and just between themselves then, who the **** is offended? Who's the loose mouth that ran off crying to the AFL? Just ****ing move on and give them a quiet warning to be careful next time to not cross boundaries from here on in.

I don't get it . If it wasn't in public and just between themselves then, who the **** is offended? Who's the loose mouth that ran off crying to the AFL? Just ****ing move on and give them a quiet warning to be careful next time to not cross boundaries from here on in.
Yes & no. I wanna think this way as well, but it may not be the case.

It seems someone(s) present were genuinely offender or are cry-baby/dobber(s), who may (or not) have an axe to grind or benefit from the drama.

We can't really speculate without knowing more.

Sounds as if Karen went to the manager

Yes & no. I wanna think this way as well, but it may not be the case.

It seems someone(s) present were genuinely offender or are cry-baby/dobber(s), who may (or not) have an axe to grind or benefit from the drama.

We can't really speculate without knowing more.

That’s the problem with society today. All it takes is just one person to be offended.

By the sounds of things, no laws were broken, which means most likely some crude behaviour and or language. Which some one has taken offence to.

That’s the problem with society today. All it takes is just one person to be offended.

By the sounds of things, no laws were broken, which means most likely some crude behaviour and or language. Which some one has taken offence to.
That's not necessarily a problem - that could be creating a safe place for all*. It's a blurry line (to me) as it's often hard to distinguish between "just a bit of fun" & "that really upset me", but it's all progress.

May have been degrading or racist/sexist, without being illegal.

Not saying that's befitting of AFL interaction - but also not acceptable within a professional environment.

*when I say for all, I don't mean that I think it's OK when a 14yr old can't sit a maths test because they suddenly associate as a wolf or a work colleague can't sit in an office cubicle because it offends them as a part of <XYZ group based on sexual preference> - but maybe accepting that garbage is my next evolution... :straining:

I’m guessing a staff member at the hotel complained

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley is not a city boy ??
Anyways I’m not saying Mackenzie hasn’t been great, his track record has been fantastic, it’s just that when Geelong get a sit down with a player and put their case forward, it seems more often than not other clubs don’t stand a chance.
Plenty of examples Bailey Smith, Clayton Oliver, Bowes. Our list management is really good no doubt but we also shouldn’t be living in denial that we can’t get better. Best to acknowledge the best and learn from them to improve.

I didn't say harley was a city boy ffs. Bailey is. Read it again but slower

Plenty of examples? You've listed 3 players. 3. One who probably won't go to Geelong and another who is not there yet and prefered Hawthorn until we cooled.

Lake, Gibson, Frawley, Wingard, Omeara, Amon, Battle, Barrass... all highly sought after players who chose Hawthorn, and that's just off the top of my head.

They aren't the best at all. Piss off with this rubbish.

Last edited:

"Re Bailey Smith 12 months ago"

It's right there in my reply.

I can't believe I'm explaining this. I've edited my post to make it clearer

Big deal.

Society changes. Always has.

I'm a straight, white, middle class male in my 40s, (and im a hawthorn supporter!). Life has been pretty easy for me.

I don't get some of it, but if a 'woke' society makes it easier for marginalised kids who have always been bullied, to get by with some equality, I'm fine with it

'When you are used to privilege, equality can feel like oppression'

Big deal.

Society changes. Always has.

I'm in my 40s and I don't get some of it, but the world does and should belong to the youth.

If a 'woke' society makes it easier for marginalised kids who have always been bullied, to get by with some equality, I'm fine with it

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk
This.

Complaining that someone pulled some idiot into line is crazy weird

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back