Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We have done very well.

We turned 1 pick into 2 and then used the 2 picks for Barrass and a swap of some steak knives and start next season with a first and second round pick in our cupboard.

Very well played

We may do a pick trade with a club to get back into the draft earlier, would like a pick in the teens in a strong draft with blues F1

Fixed it for you.

Battle is irrelevant to trade period.
Nahhh pointless looking at it that way, need to see total ins and outs, FA, Trade, Draft and delisting and retirement. What's the point looking at a subset of those things....

how do Richmond get rioli for 6 & 23 with port getting 13 for houston - who is same age contracted and better.

Because the Gold Coast list management approach is like drink driving in the Bathurst 1000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Semantics.

Every year a club gets a pick in each round. Trading a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick, is a draft year of picks.

I know it’s not our entire ‘hand’ but that’s because we traded our first rounder this year.

Overpaid for a older injury plagued player.
No we didn't.

We don't trade Pick 14 if not for Barrass. Our Future third was a minor slide for their Future Fourth.

The net lose is a late first round pick and a slide of picks in the 50's. Any other framing his head cannon to depict negativity.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawthorn themselves decided that paying more for barrass was a priority for the list.

Back their judgement

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk
Smith is out of contract. It makes a huge difference because ultimately if he isn't traded he walks to the PSD and the Dogs get nothing. If we hadn't traded for Barrass then he would still be on WCs list and presumably would resume playing for them.

I think we did alright here. Basically our original pick 14 and a fairly meaningless pick slide from 3rd to 4th when the asking price was two first rounders.

Cats just got lucky but we gave up on Smith ourselves so no point looking over the fence of the team who got him. We decided he wasn't our priority.

This is why I can't understand, how does WCE argue Barrass has more value than Smith. In comparison to this, F1 for Barrass should have been plenty
Because he was contracted, as much as we hate it it's true, contracted players cost more unless the club want to get rid of them for salary or cultural reasons.

Smith is out of contract. It makes a huge difference because ultimately if he isn't traded he walks to the PSD and the Dogs get nothing. If we hadn't traded for Barrass then he would still be on WCs list and presumably would resume playing for them.

I think we did alright here. Basically our original pick 14 and a fairly meaningless pick slide from 3rd to 4th when the asking price was two first rounders.

Cats just got lucky but we gave up on Smith ourselves so no point looking over the fence of the team who got him. We decided he wasn't our priority.
If we went Bailey we probably pay the same tbh as the cats ie our first

Houston at Pies mate

Oh yes. My bad.

Even more so, I'm so glad we kept Carlton's future picks, Houston going to Collingwood should see them move ahead of Blues. St Kilda could move ahead of Carlton too. I can see Carlton finishing bottom 6 next season and us having a top 6 pick and second round 20's pick in 2025, and we finish top 2.

A round 1, 2 and 3 pick is basically a years draft hand. Hawks only had extra because traded this years first.

Try to keep up
Let's take it in steps because a few are a bit confused. Some simple maths.

We offered 14. Wet Coat said "No"

We traded 14 for a F1+F2

So,

14 = F1+F2

Then we offered

F1+F2+F3

That is:

14+F3 = F1+F2+F3

So in effect we trade 14+F3 for Barrass+F4

Yes, the future picks they chose are linked to us. Who do you feel, based on the 2024 season, would you have chosen to finish lower? I'd say it's fair to say Carlton. So, in effect, if that comes true, we hold the better future picks which means a hand better than pick 14. The F4 + F3 are going to be only slightly different so given the F1+F2 we hold are likely to be better than 14 and F4 only slightly worse. We in effect got Barrass for 14 or slightly less by shifting things around and bamboozling Wet Coat and the media.

Love that we kept all our fringe players too. This season showed how important Morrison, Maginess, Ward and Serong were when we had injuries. Reeves being retained is huge too.

Only areas i'm a little concerned on is the Key forwards as Gunston on decline, Lewis out most of the year. We are putting a lot on Dear and Chol again. Must be hoping Scaif can perform a bit.

Thankfully we have the Sicily, Battle, Weddle options forward too. Maybe if Blank is up and running we see if Serong can swap forward too? He was first in when Frost went down but next year will be behind Barrass, Battle, Frost and maybe Blank as well.

Hawthorn themselves decided that paying more for barrass was a priority for the list.

Back their judgement

Sent from my SM-A156E using Tapatalk
Bailey coming off a knee, has not played for a year, also wasn't he looking disinterested prior to that. Anyway each club gives priority to things. Apparently next year's draft after pick 7 or 8 is not looking strong, whereas this year up to pick 14 still okay. they say that each year and there are always gems later on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back