Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's take it in steps because a few are a bit confused. Some simple maths.

We offered 14. Wet Coat said "No"

We traded 14 for a F1+F2

So,

14 = F1+F2

Then we offered

F1+F2+F3

That is:

14+F3 = F1+F2+F3

So in effect we trade 14+F3 for Barrass+F4

Yes, the future picks they chose are linked to us. Who do you feel, based on the 2024 season, would you have chosen to finish lower? I'd say it's fair to say Carlton. So, in effect, if that comes true, we hold the better future picks which means a hand better than pick 14. The F4 + F3 are going to be only slightly different so given the F1+F2 we hold are likely to be better than 14 and F4 only slightly worse. We in effect got Barrass for 14 or slightly less by shifting things around and bamboozling Wet Coat and the media.

Carlton who lost owies or hawthorn who gained Battle and Barass?

Or there’s what they do with pick 3

We did.

Got absolutely fleeced for a 29

Unbelievable really - dude is

Struggling with the overpaying bit. We're going to finish above Carlton in 2025 so we've improved our future. Our F3 v WC F4 is a sharper steak knife. Cats getting Smith for 17 is irrelevant, he was always playing somewhere for someone. He's probably a Stengle text away from being an issew for the Cats. I hope not but he's a 23-year-old in Geelong, he's going to partay. Tyson could only hold out so long before going arse-up at a nightclub.

We were happy for Barass for 14, we're prolly going to get him for less, just later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yes. My bad.

Even more so, I'm so glad we kept Carlton's future picks, Houston going to Collingwood should see them move ahead of Blues. St Kilda could move ahead of Carlton too. I can see Carlton finishing bottom 6 next season and us having a top 6 pick and second round 20's pick in 2025, and we finish top 2.

Carlton had a very extensive injury list for a large part of the season and still played finals. I think we can finish above them, but I'd expect them to be at least top 8 (and possibly top 4) if they can get their injury list under control.

Would rather keep draft picks next year so we have capital in case a big fish wants to be traded our way
I trust MM to decide whether or not we do a live trade on draft night.

If he reckons he can get us another gem like Weddle, I certainly wouldn't mind losing Carlton's F1.

Carlton had a very extensive injury list for a large part of the season and still played finals. I think we can finish above them, but I'd expect them to be at least top 8 (and possibly top 4) if they can get their injury list under control.
Temper that with the fact they have lost 2 of their top 7 goal kickers from this year - Yowies 33 & Kennedy 17
Injuries aside - whose gunna stump up for more goals

Struggling with the overpaying bit. We're going to finish above Carlton in 2025 so we've improved our future. Our F3 v WC F4 is a sharper steak knife. Cats getting Smith for 17 is irrelevant, he was always playing somewhere for someone. He's probably a Stengle text away from being an issew for the Cats. I hope not but he's a 23-year-old in Geelong, he's going to partay. Tyson could only hold out so long before going arse-up at a nightclub.

We were happy for Barass for 14, we're prolly going to get him for less, just later.

The F1F2 pick swap is plus about 150 points, the F3 to F4 is about minus 100 on this years ladder positions.

So for us it’s barass, +50 points for pick 14, so effectively pick 13 for a fullback in a team ready to take on the best in 2025

Ladder positions will change, but the only hawthorn linked pick which slides the better our ladder pos is R4

So no draft disincentive for going well in 2025, even though that won’t matter

I know it was reported early on that it was WCE choice as to whether it was our F1 / F2 or Carlton's they took, but maybe as talks progressed, we took that choice away and specified ours as part of the deal machinations.

Even if Barrass is only at the hawks for a good time and not a long time, it was important we got him.

Some strong flexibility up fwd now as well, whether it be Sicily or Dimma we swing up there more often.

I did see Battle give away a couple of unnecessary htm free kicks late last season, so hope it's not a trend of his.

Dogs didn't get full value for B Smith, but 25 for C Daniel is unbelievable, so the roos compensated for what the Cats didn't pay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back