List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance we might move Saad out of the backline. As heā€™s getting older Iā€™d love to see him in a wing/HHF role kicking inside 50. Will the likes of Williams returning he is definitely rely going to take that back half role. Kick ins. And moving the ball out of the back half with potentially young Boyd.

We need to start transitioning some of our older players to less important roles to develop new players in these positions.

I also love the idea of Saad kicking it to our forwards.

I personally like the idea of Zac kicking it to our forwards.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Although we've known this for a while now it's good to see it announced

Congrats Cotts. You've surpassed the expectation that many held for you and continue to pleasantly surprise most of us by continually evolving your game and adding to your repertoire.

Couldn't have happened to a better bloke. He's one of us!

Although we've known this for a while now it's good to see it announced

Congrats Cotts. You've surpassed the expectation that many held for you and continue to pleasantly surprise most of us by continually evolving your game and adding to your repertoire.

Couldn't have happened to a better bloke. He's one of us!

Some were saying Cincotta was the one to be upgraded.

Not sure where that came from.

Never really made sense as Cotts needs to be upgraded while Cincotta can have another year on the rookie list.

Agree but remember seeing on here that it was definitely Cinc that would be upgraded & others went along with it as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some were saying Cincotta was the one to be upgraded.

Not sure where that came from.

Never made sense given it was only year one. I understand upgrading the closest option to required as it prevents us having to draft a third on a shallow draft and rewards his effort and development (always good for the morale of the list)

Only way Cinc would've made sense is if other clubs were coming knocking with grearly increased salary. But we would've heard more about that much sooner. He's another that is true Blue.

No.
Except for Clubs getting an extra 80k per rookie outside of the salary cap, and players in the Rookie draft getting 1 year contracts instead of 2.

The AFL need to overhaul the list rules.

My take is we should have 42-44 players on a list and then up to 6 players as "Rookies" that play Reserves (Salary Cap restricted) and can be upgraded at anytime after injuries or retirements

My take is we should have 42-44 players on a list and then up to 6 players as "Rookies" that play Reserves (Salary Cap restricted) and can be upgraded at anytime after injuries or retirements
They could have one year contracts from say round 4 of the draft or something like that. Rookies used to be unable to play seniors but that got changed after too many high profile anomalies like Aaron Davey.

I'd have the Rookie List be what is now Cat B.

And in simplest terms, something like:
42 on the list (although they could extend that since we're post covid crisis cuts).
Round 1 draftees get 3 year contracts, Round 2 & 3 get 2 years, Round 4 on get 1.
You have to have 3 list vacancies going into the ND.

I'd have the Rookie List be what is now Cat B.

And in simplest terms, something like:
42 on the list (although they could extend that since we're post covid crisis cuts).
Round 1 draftees get 3 year contracts, Round 2 & 3 get 2 years, Round 4 on get 1.
You have to have 3 list vacancies going into the ND.

Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back