List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to chase a small forward now that Williams has been repurposed as a crumbing forward.

Hollands, McKay, Fogarty
Williams, Curnow, Owies

Plus Motlop, Martin, Silvagni, Durdin, Cottrell, Fantasia, Cuningham, Moir, Monahan for bench/depth options. Genuine chance only 1 of those names is moved on.

Hopefully makes it easier to find room for the Cowan and Cincotta types, and moves Wilson up the depth chart off half back, happy to see him get some games next year.

The glaring holes now are key position depth and midfield pace/skills. I think the former should be addressed via trade or free agency if possible, and the latter by manufacturing a draft pick before the first Campo bid.

Himmelberg (ADE), Taberner (FRE), Jeka (GEEL), Grainger-Barrass (HAW), Tomlinson (MEL), Schache (MEL), Miller (RICH), Edwards (WC), Williams (WC), Khamis (WB), Busslinger (WB)

That's a stack of unproven or OK but nothing special KPPs, don't think many would cost much. Punt Sam Durdin if he can't stay on the park enough to even be a depth option, keep Young I guess, grab one of these guys.

Then hit the draft for generation next in the midfield. Christian Moraes looks like he'd be an ideal and potentially realistic target.

No need to chase a small forward now that Williams has been repurposed as a crumbing forward.

Hollands, McKay, Fogarty
Williams, Curnow, Owies

Plus Motlop, Martin, Silvagni, Durdin, Cottrell, Fantasia, Cuningham, Moir, Monahan for bench/depth options. Genuine chance only 1 of those names is moved on.

Hopefully makes it easier to find room for the Cowan and Cincotta types, and moves Wilson up the depth chart off half back, happy to see him get some games next year.

The glaring holes now are key position depth and midfield pace/skills. I think the former should be addressed via trade or free agency if possible, and the latter by manufacturing a draft pick before the first Campo bid.

Himmelberg (ADE), Taberner (FRE), Jeka (GEEL), Grainger-Barrass (HAW), Tomlinson (MEL), Schache (MEL), Miller (RICH), Edwards (WC), Williams (WC), Khamis (WB), Busslinger (WB)

That's a stack of unproven or OK but nothing special KPPs, don't think many would cost much. Punt Sam Durdin if he can't stay on the park enough to even be a depth option, keep Young I guess, grab one of these guys.

Then hit the draft for generation next in the midfield. Christian Moraes looks like he'd be an ideal and potentially realistic target.

I know Williams has been good but has only been two weeks. Let's see how the rest of the year goes and how many games he plays as he is another of the injury-plagued brigade. Regardless I'm not sure Williams covers that '3rd' forward option the way Martin does in being able to play tall.

The midfield pace is one we definitely need - I know we have Blake and Oille but would love an Issac Smith type rangy pacy wingman.

Wasn’t another rumour circulating is that he has supposed gambling debts or at least an addiction which has been distracting him also ??
Yep, had heard that one as well.

Who knows but there's enough red flags on top of him not playing well.

Probably re-sign Martin…

Yay… Another year of Martin missing more games than he plays…

I don’t have an issue re-signing Martin, he just shouldn’t be a priority over recruiting a durable best 22 forward from another club. We now know we have the flexibility to target a Hayward level player so it would be disappointing if we didn’t use it on AFL quality.

Next year Martin should be what Orazio was to us this off-season. The hail mary shot at a gun small who we carry because they are talented and not because they can be relied upon week to week.

Orazio is contracted and I don’t think it would be smart to take both into next season. No different to carrying Durdin and Marchbank in defence. How many other top clubs take this many chances on injury prone players? 1 or 2 across all positions is plenty.

Hayward staying at Sydney

If only someone had warned of this in the No Discussion thread ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we go after Rachele now.
Price would be going down considerably this season based on performance. Can play but maybe not as well as he thinks he can. Also a terrible look when he ducked his head late a few times earlier this season.

Seems the sort that you would have to overpay to get. (Think Chad Wingard). Would probably need a fairly low first rounder and $750k a year to get him. Would be a no for me.

Not necessarily.
Weitering would be a great CHB but is played at FB out of necessity.
He might be alright, probably have to train a bit differently, he's a high level player so who knows. IMO Weitering is a definite fullback.

We have limited draft capital to get the next KPD. We will be obligated to take the best on offer where we have a pick. 195cm or 200cm. Closing speed is indeed, an absolute must, past that I am open to “type”.

We have Weiters for half a dozen years or more and he will likely be flanked by Kemp in the current Gov role. A stopper to release Weiters is fine. An interceptor who can compete one on one is fine. Someone who can read the play and adhere to structural needs.

Ultimately we need someone who can take the mantle as defensive leader. Weitering, Lever, Pearce, Sicily, McGovern, Stewart, Taylor, Moore, Andrews, Andrew/Collins, who is “da man” at Sydney? They come in all shapes and sizes. We need an heir to the mantle or better coaching Ala Sydney.

Weitering is way too critical to our defence at the moment!!!!!! He needs a genuine partner then successor.
Closing speed and ability to ready the game really well.

The Marchbank situation frustrates the piss out of me because he's a high level CHB who has just never had that chance to get going. I remember Bolton talking about the clubs future spine (there is a video of it somewhere). At the time we were struggling but he had Weitering Marchbank DeKoning McKay and Curnow and thinking just how good that was going to be, keep that group together for 10+ years and we are going to see some really good Carlton sides. But we haven't seen it a great deal and hardly seen it fit and in form.

I'm not sure the focus needs to be on successors and the next phase just yet. We have a list close to a flag but it has a few holes. We need to priorities that and try and win one. Some fast, intense pressure mids. A small and mid forward and Perhaps a CHB.

I think we need to keep our cool though. We have most of those needs on the list already, except Martin, Motlop and Marchbank have been hammered by injuries. The pressure mids are missing and that keeps showing against the better sides.

You'd love to see Martin and Marchbank just keep playing games after they return and Motlop keep building forma and go into next year and get through a season but I may be dreaming.

We grabbed a pressure mid in the mid season draft so we are aware of our needs. Not sure if he will be good enough but this is likely to be where we go again with drafting and trading.

We actually have a fair list of needs despite being close to premiership quality.

He might be alright, probably have to train a bit differently, he's a high level player so who knows. IMO Weitering is a definite fullback.
He was drafted as a CHB and has played some good footy there - he's elite and able to cover both roles.
In any event, I'd say we need to cover both roles as we're light on quality and viable depth in KPD.

Plenty of sides you could pick apart player wise

I'd have a crack at Ben Miller and you could move on 2 of Durdin, Young, Marchbank
Can we please stop mentioning potential trade targets! Been doing nothing but jinxing us all day!

I know Williams has been good but has only been two weeks. Let's see how the rest of the year goes and how many games he plays as he is another of the injury-plagued brigade. Regardless I'm not sure Williams covers that '3rd' forward option the way Martin does in being able to play tall.

The midfield pace is one we definitely need - I know we have Blake and Oille but would love an Issac Smith type rangy pacy wingman.

Re “love an Issac Smith type rangy pacy wingman”.

Have you heard of a guy called “Matthew Cottrell”???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back