List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bailey Smith would be perfect for our midfield… Don’t see us having the $$$ to compete with the Dogs, Saints, North, Collingwood or Geelong (likely destination)…

Have a feeling it’s going to be another boring trade period for us…
Collingwood don't have any 1st rounders.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another? You weren't excited about getting Acres in 2022 or E. Hollands in 2023 for peanuts?

You must be hard to please.
Those trades were without drama.

So, they felt...too easy, maybe.

I think we are so used to the drama of Papley, Shiel trades etc. that when they just happen it's a bit of an anticlimax.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is stengle a name ? Didnt Geelong save his career. Why is he going to leave
For a payday!

Not likely on a big salary ATM. Being managed by Eddie’s missus now, I am sure will want a larger piece of the pie, while Cats would be preparing to trade in some big targets, chewing up available salary cap.

Will be intriguing. Stengle is an unrestricted free agent, so the Cats may not get much say. They may even use him to get a decent compensation pick.

Not sure how he would fit “culturally” with our group. Was a wild child, I have no idea how his off field is these days. As I said, interesting. Not sure he is worth Hayward value offers, but does have the profile if we want a genuine goalkicking small forward. (I have sufficient faith in what we have and see bigger priorities, but if it is a free hit not requiring draft capital can see merit)

Bailey would be amazeballs with us, George and Kennedy would be instantly behind in the pecking order.
Would have zero problem getting high midfield minutes with us.
Doubt we could afford him though but this is the year if we could, getting rid of our first this year is zero big deal and would really only cost next years first

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bailey Smith in hoops just doesn't look right .... navy blue is perfect.
I'll keep praying to the Footy Gods 🙏

Another? You weren't excited about getting Acres in 2022 or E. Hollands in 2023 for peanuts?

You must be hard to please.
Wasn’t excited (happy though), neither were exactly setting the world on fire at their previous clubs..

Both came to us as depth/role players (because we had no $$$), neither were really expected to excel like they have, specially Acres…

Both have been awesome for us… Acres is a rock that has save our ass in many games and Hollands grows each week…

TBH both trade periods were boring AF, predict this one will be quite also..

Charlie Cameron is on track for another 40+ goal season (despite how poorly Brisbane are playing). He is averaging 57 goals a season over the least two years.

Motlop, Owies & Durdin COMBINED don't equal that.

If Charlie is gettable this off season, we're playin' ball. 1, He's durable. 2, He kicks goals. A lot of goals. Plus, he's shown to combine exceptionally well with two tall forwards.

We're currently not getting anywhere near the amount of small forward goals we should be given our inside 50 groundballs and we're WAY too lenient on the lack of scoreboard output we get from our smalls.
Charlie is on record this week saying he wants to extend his contract at Brisbane and finish his career there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player or 2 will be shaken out of Geelong tree due them going after Bailey smith who will demand $$$

I think we likely target another small/medium forward. There's a reason Martin, Cuningham, Owies, Fogarty are all still out of contract. Remarkably, I think Fogarty is probably most likely to get the best contract offer of that lot - would not have predicted that 18 months ago.

I reckon Stengle is more likely than Cameron.
Is MrsEddieBetts Mrs Eddie Betts?

Why is stengle a name ? Didnt Geelong save his career. Why is he going to leave
I don't think he is a realistic option (would be nice though).
They're contending & gave him a chance when plenty wanted nothing to do with him.
If he leaves I suspect that he's chasing big $ which probably makes it a non-starter.

A player or 2 will be shaken out of Geelong tree due them going after Bailey smith who will demand $$$
Wouldn't have thought so, there'll be plenty more retirements this season.

Would assume most of the following would go:

Dangerfield
Hawkins
Duncan
Touhy
Stanley
Rohan
Blicavs
Cam Guthrie

On top of that, they also have Cameron, Tom Stewart and Jed Bews all the wrong side of 30.

Be amazed if they didn't walk into a fair chunk of cap space shortly.

Every club's cap space is going up by 30% in a year or so...everyone will have dollars to spend and the better players prices will all go up accordingly..having Harry/Charlie already signed and sealed on previous payscales is a bonus - not concerned about salary cap space tbh.

Anyone know what the HS article about the FS bidding system is saying??? Bloody psy wall .....

In the 2024 Draft thread coryne …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back