List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Factor in we have Cerra, Walsh, JSOS, Doc, Pitto and Saad who have in the last couple missed a fair chunk of games with their various issues and then Martin, Cunners, Marchbank, S.Durdin, McGov who just keep on missing with random mixed things. Top that off that Weiters has also suffered some soft tissue injuries the last 2 years as well and we have Cripps, Kennedy and Hewett who all take significant bashings and have some issues as well but play through mostly, we just can't afford to retain risk the perennially injured anymore (and players such as Akuei and Mirkov that won't make the senior grade).

Martin is kinda worth the risk for an extension as he'll have immediate impact on the handful he plays, but Cunners, Marchbank, Durdin, Akuei and Mirkov all need to be let loose. Unless Cunners and Marchbank happy to extend for a year on minimum wage and go year by year from then on then perhaps consider it.

Can easily see 6-8 changes on our list heading into 25.

Last edited:

Didn’t Betts leave to Adelaide for a reported extra $50k?
I think that he was offered a fair bit more by Adelaide than he was on with us so went back to Carlton and said something like "I'll stay if you increase the current offer by $50k" (which would be less than Adelaide's offer) but we said no.

Just my understanding anyway

Cornes going hard at Rachele again for squibing the contest…

No doubt every player has done it before.. Don’t think it’s from being scared, just a mental flinch, once it happens a few times though it’d be hard to break……

Rachele is quickly turning into another Jaidyn Stephenson

Potential AA, injury issues are behind him, you guys would be getting a bargain if you gave us a late first rounder for him...

He is a UFA, so i don't think we would have to give you anything. That's the only reason i'm asking :tearsofjoy:

Carlton 2024 free agents​

Unrestricted free agents

Sam Durdin, David Cuningham, Caleb Marchbank

Restricted free agents

N/A

Non-free agents

Domanic Akuei, Jordan Boyd, Jack Carroll, Matt Carroll, Alex Cincotta, Corey Durdin, Elijah Hollands, Jack Martin, Alex Mirkov, Rob Monahan, Hudson O'Keeffe, Matthew Owies

I'd test the water with Richmond to see how all-in they want to go on their rebuild - see if we could prise out Noah Balta a year before his contract expires.

Can do the same with Ballard and Collins at GC but think the Suns would play hardball this year.

Bringing in one genuine AFL-grade KPD means we can swing Kemp into more of a utility role with time spent as the third tall forward, third tall defender and even a little bit of midfield rotation.

It would take nearly 3 1st rounders for him to be moved on. He is too valuable to us atm.

He is only being moved forward as he is our #1 option in nearly 4 different positions. Can't see us moving him on. See someone like Dan Rioli to Suns far more realistic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our offer was considerably less, he went back and asked to raise it by $50K as the Crows offer was a lot higher, we wouldn’t budge, he felt unwanted and the rest is history.

Betts offer from Adelaide was 2 million over 4 years (500k per year). Our offer was reported at the time as 900k less for only 3 years so probably something like 1.1 million x 3 (350k per year). Although Betts has been quoted as saying we only offered him half as much and that we only made a 2-year offer so it's hard to know exactly.

In either case it was mistake. We then went and offered 750 x 4 to Dale Thomas lol.

Can I just shout out to Arr0w and others who suggested Zac Williams could play as a forward. I would happily praise others, but I don't remember anyone else because I was so dismissive of the idea.

I thought it was moving magnets for the sake of it. That it would never work and that these posters were mad.

I am happy to admit I was wro...... Ahem, I was not corre...... clears throat.... I am really impressed by how effective he has been over the last month.

In either case it was mistake. We then went and offered 750 x 4 to Dale Thomas lol.

I believe Daisy's free agent contract ~$625/yr.

$625K became almost $650K. $650K got rounded up to $700K. And then $700K x 4 got reported as 'almost $3M'. Which then became $3M/4 and created a false narrative that he was getting paid $750K/yr.

Lazy/sneaky/sensationalist journalism.

Having said that, he came across clearly hampered by the ankle injury that ended his previous year at Coll.

So we ended paying him $2.5M for really about 3.5 years of service at best. And that's ignoring him missing most of 2015 (which couldn't really have been predicted) that made the contract that much worse.

We lost Betts.
We lost Betts Compo.
We overpaid for an injured player.

Sensationally bad recruitment all round.

Edit: Found some of my posts from 2013 that said signing Daisy was a dumb idea (just pointing out this isn't hindsight) recruiting).

Last edited:
Can I just shout out to Arr0w and others who suggested Zac Williams could play as a forward. I would happily praise others, but I don't remember anyone else because I was so dismissive of the idea.

I thought it was moving magnets for the sake of it. That it would never work and that these posters were mad.

I am happy to admit I was wro...... Ahem, I was not corre...... clears throat.... I am really impressed by how effective he has been over the last month.
You're welcome

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

‘So much trust’: Tom De Koning’s plan ahead of pre-agency after breakout month

Tom De Koning is arguably the most exciting player on Carlton’s list, and will become a free agent at the end of next season. GLENN McFARLANE speaks to the Blues youngster about his future in navy blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back