List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even at the time a lot of people thought that LOB was a reach at pick 10.

Definately a reach but it was a tough pick to have. The top group ended at pick 9 that year. 10-20 was pretty even so I think SOS went for needs rather then best available. Can understand the logic.

Darcy Fogarty the most highly rated player left on the board but had question marks. Ed Richards the other we were reportedly considering. Would have been nice.

Dow was the bigger error for mine because he, Cerra and LDU were rated fairly similarily. We had first choice and picked the only one that wouldnt become a gun (though we got cerra later).

I dont think you can blame Teague for LOB and Dow. LDU is a star and he had to develop at North Melbourne.

Swans would have taken him at 14, not really a reach. Just a tricky draft.
Zac Bailey would have been nice.
I thought there were players available at the pick that were clearly well ahead of LOB and we fumbled because we needed a wingman/he was mates with Dowy at school. Fogarty, Richards, Higgins, Allen for sure were ahead. Bailey I thought was in a similar tier to LOB at the time.

Think Samo was definitely a victim of coaching. Not sure about Dow and LoB, felt like they had pretty glaring issues as players.
His problem is he is a small midfielder, not overly strong, not fast and a poor tank so with the benefit of hindsight he was always a risk. He also had no penetration with his kicks and lacked running power to break the lines so failed as a backman.

I liked the pick but I don’t blame coaches for him failing for a second.

The two that annoy me are Dow and Fisher because I wanted Bolton and LDU and I think most would’ve went that way.

The McKay and TDK picks were his best work. Absolutely nailed them.
that 2015 draft was magic for us.

Also TDK's draft year ran pretty deep. Some quality players before and after him but yes that Paddy Dow and LoB turned out to be big misses...

The two that annoy me are Dow and Fisher because I wanted Bolton and LDU and I think most would’ve went that way.

I'd love to create a rolling sort of 'your own drafted team' where you can lock in your selections at the picks we take each year to see how the list would be shaping up for each of our selections.

Reckon it would be good fun to see some of our own howlers and hindsight hero selections.

Actually his best work might well have been the sequencing in taking McKay first in the knowledge that Adelaide probably wanted him and having the balls to know that the Crows wouldn't take Charlie with the pick in between .

Actually his best work might well have been the sequencing in taking McKay first in the knowledge that Adelaide probably wanted him and having the balls to know that the Crows wouldn't take Charlie with the pick in between .
I thought It was crazy and actually really wanted the Curnow, Milera combo.
The way it turned out it will have set us up for 15 years.

What's the reason Crows wanted Harry but wouldn't have taken Charlie?

I'd love to create a rolling sort of 'your own drafted team' where you can lock in your selections at the picks we take each year to see how the list would be shaping up for each of our selections.

Reckon it would be good fun to see some of our own howlers and hindsight hero selections.
I think it’s been done before on here. Was very interesting.
I think a lot wanted us to take players like Cerra or LDU, Bolton, Fogarty some Dunkley, Bobby Hill, Sharpe or Robertson.
Most would’ve overlooked McKay, TDK and Cripps.

What's the reason Crows wanted Harry but wouldn't have taken Charlie?
From memory Charlie had just refused a breathalyser test about a week before the draft which was seen as a huge red flag. He was seen as a top 5 choice prior to that.

SOS pretty much dared the crows and stared them down. Also helped that * took Francis and the Dees Weidmann as key forward prospects prior..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory Charlie had just refused a breathalyser test about a week before the draft which was seen as a huge red flag. He was seen as a top 5 choice prior to that.

SOS pretty much dared the crows and stared them down. Also helped that * took Francis and the Dees Weidmann as key forward prospects prior..

Correct.

From 2016:-

Charlie Curnow has had his driver's licence suspended for two years for refusing a preliminary breath test in November.

The 18-year-old pleaded guilty to the offence in the Geelong Magistrates Court and was also handed a $4,000 fine.

Just to mention that someone with very good mail around here (either Barass70 or ericpascoe) said at the time that we really liked Bolton, but thought he was a flight risk.

As it turns out, he’s never looked like leaving Richmond. But maybe he might have been more flighty in our less successful (at the time) environment. Who knows?

Some light suggestion Geelong may target TDK but nothing serious. They even push back on Caro asking why he'd go there, her response was "They're a destination club" which was quickly dismissed by the rest saying, more or less, "And what are Carlton?"

Good one.

I’m choosing Josh Bootsma each year for all my selections. I suspect I’ll have the funnest team of all…

Who needs to win the cup or 2 cups… 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back