List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
shunting cerra to back flank is not far removed from shunting him out the door. would certainly net us the most return outside of any obvious core players. whether it should happen and what the effect might be on the midfield is another question i couldn't answer.

shunting cerra to back flank is not far removed from shunting him out the door. would certainly net us the most return outside of any obvious core players. whether it should happen and what the effect might be on the midfield is another question i couldn't answer.
Cerra is 24 finished 4th in our best & fairest last year and is under contract.
Disappointing year this year with injuries but he will bounce back, he won't be traded.

Nope.
I was was implying that any decision contrary to the club's one, is simply, and often challenged(on this forum), with the quote..."well the club always knows better, and therefor is never wrong".

I merely stated that the seasons end result is the ultimate answer(right or wrong) to these challenges.

The selection of Binns is a side issue, and like I said, I believe there are stronger wing combinations than either Binns or Oli.(but either could be selected without losing anything)

I sincerely appreciate your opinion and disapproval.

Well I'm glad you cleared that up for me.
Much appreciated.

We trading Cerra now :oops:

no... i doubt we recruited him to play back flank, and i doubt it was in his plans either. in any case, i don't necessarily think he should be traded, but if we're having to find a spot for him because his form doesn't warrant starting in the midfield, or he's not dislodging someone else closer to the ball, then he's closer to being traded than he was last year.
my stating of his currency is an acknowledgement of his value as a player.

no... i doubt we recruited him to play back flank, and i doubt it was in his plans either. in any case, i don't necessarily think he should be traded, but if we're having to find a spot for him because his form doesn't warrant starting in the midfield, or he's not dislodging someone else closer to the ball, then he's closer to being traded than he was last year.
my stating of his currency is an acknowledgement of his value as a player.
Cerra is a former number five pick, very high quality midfielder. Has had an injury plagued season. Now trying to find form and full match fitness.

Watching his second half against the roos, he is not that far away from really hitting his straps. He is a quality young fella, who always gives his best and I would back him to improve again tonight.

Adam will go on to play over 250 games in his career, mainly with us. Should have a couple of premiership medallions around his neck before he hangs his boots up as well. He is not going anywhere.

He gets dropped every second week from a bottom 3 side. Why pick him up cause he has a couple of attributes you like? Would be a waste of space on our list

He's been dropped once this year, after R3. Came back into the side in R10 and has played every game since.

I don't think he's a priority, but he's a viable option. He's Boyd with a slightly different skillset. Boyd's not exactly a lock for us, his good is excellent but his form and output is inconsistent, and that's how we would likely assess Jones - as a peripheral role player who would be selected based on what he does for us structurally as opposed to his ability to tally Brownlow votes.

Having the two of them to select from provides more incentive for both to push themselves, it gives us the opportunity to select based on which complements the other defenders more, it gives us coverage in case of injury, and it future-proofs us a bit against the inevitable decline of a now 30yo Saad.

And it costs us, presumably, two tenths of bugger all.

I'd love for us to throw our hats in the ring for Barass and Bailey Smith.
Exactly what we need....don't know how we do it.

I'd love for us to throw our hats in the ring for Barass and Bailey Smith.
Exactly what we need....don't know how we do it.
I don't particularly rate smith but he'd be too expensive in both salary and picks unless we are willing to trade something of real value, not a bunch of journeymen and late picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember being laughed at for suggesting Cerra should be traded this year.

Let’s draft and recruit more slow, average ball users and ask Kemp to defend against monsters. Bravo Austin.

IMG_9773.jpeg

Only looking at tonight’s match, but the problem I’ve stated for so long is that we are leaving too much to too few.

For us to be genuine contenders and go far into September year in year out, we need a more even contribution. Owies, Motlop and Fogarty towards the bottom and if they aren’t kicking goals they are being manhandled.

Give me some more medium forwards who can take their turn in the midfield also and stay involved. Also give Cripps/Walsh etc a chop out and not leave it always up to them. 1 or 2 smalls each week but no more imo.

We need to rebalance the list with some genuine closing speed and skill.

The lumbering oaf parade works beautifully on the back of Curnow and McKay when things are going our way but gets smashed when we lose control of clearances.

Other than the desperate need for a 2nd KPD option that's our biggest need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back