List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player nearing the end, with a couple of years of solid potentially great footy left, playing in a team not likely to be contending and wanting one last shot at glory.
We want and need a very good tall defender and I think thatā€™s the best we can hope for, and Jeremy McGovern may be the one

I can see WC going for it as they need picks, they may even pay a % of his salary as surely theyā€™d have plenty of space available

Our 1st for Jeremy and their third

My fear is he ends up filling an emptied spot in the medical room

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A player nearing the end, with a couple of years of solid potentially great footy left, playing in a team not likely to be contending and wanting one last shot at glory.
We want and need a very good tall defender and I think thatā€™s the best we can hope for, and Jeremy McGovern may be the one

I can see WC going for it as they need picks, they may even pay a % of his salary as surely theyā€™d have plenty of space available

If we got either McGovern or Barrass, I hope we donā€™t get a bunch of posters on here complaining about how theyā€™re hurt all the time. Itā€™s a risk for the amount of money we would have to pay

This joint really makes me laugh, the amount of dart throwing and backflips is hilarious

From having a premiership list to making 15 changes, Fogarty or C Durdin should be played as a BP and Cahill should be on the list as he has Papley traits

I guess it's not too dissimilar to the weekly changes after a loss

Whatā€™s our thoughts on KPD defenders available.

Jake kolojashnij
Adam Tomlinson
Tom mcdonald
Josh schache
Darragh Joyce
Ben Miller

Hard no on all of them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Need our very own Brian Lake.

Having said all this, no list is ever 'complete'. Pies won a flag with Frampton as a key post, Richmond lost Rance and won 2x more flags.

With our talent around the rest of the ground we should really be able to develop a game style that covers any remaining positional deficiencies we have - it's frustrating that we can't.

Voss loves clearances... end of season, it will be time to do some off field.

Cunners, Marchbank, Martin, S.Durdin, Young, Akuei, Mirkov - thanks very much, but time to be shown the door either through trades or delist.

After that, our KPD deficiency MUST be addressed properly... not through some stupid notion that we can find a kpf on the scrap heap and turn them into a solid kpd...

I would like to see us at the very least attempt to bring in a very solid kpd via trade, even if it costs us our 1st pick this year. We need one with experience that can help Weitering out.
Exactly, would love the two mcgovern brothers in blue together

Ben Campo is not going to address our midfield issues, he is another big bodied mid with a suspect kicking style.
Cerra will fine form if the coach plays him back in the mid field, crazy suggestion.
If trading Cerra can land Draper and Langford out of this draft, you'd strongly consider it.
I'm not saying we do it but by God that's tempting and probably another crazy suggestion is, it could open up Salary cap room to go after an OOC KPD in the trade period.
I think we are going to have to trade someone of significance who ever that may be to correct our list imbalance.

Can we afford him. Itā€™ll cost a 1st+ more.

Yes but itā€™s a big commitment and does it stop anything else?

We desperately need a quality KPD but we have other needs as well. Let sapped being another

Itā€™s one of those all in to win a flag scenarios while we have Cripps Weitering Charlie McKay in their prime

Not a simple answer

Theyā€™ll definitely be between 7-10 changes at years end,itā€™s who we bring in thatā€™s the key.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep. The list changes are straight forward as anything, it's who comes in to replace them that's the key.

If we go conservative I think we'll struggle with the same issues next year.

My faith in Austin re talent ID is high, but I do worry he's almost the anti Dodoro in terms of picking strong contest players when we need some high quality flankers and speed.

Time to earn his paycheck this off season, we're so close to the promised land, a few good moves could be all we need to get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need our very own Brian Lake.

Having said all this, no list is ever 'complete'. Pies won a flag with Frampton as a key post, Richmond lost Rance and won 2x more flags.

With our talent around the rest of the ground we should really be able to develop a game style that covers any remaining positional deficiencies we have - it's frustrating that we can't.
We are starting to look like a slow version of Richmond. I do think speed is our missing ingredient.

Nick Haynes getting plenty of footy for the Giants in the 2s. Worth asking the question, we'd still struggle with the bigger bodies second talls though.

We are starting to look like a slow version of Richmond. I do think speed is our missing ingredient.

And the club know it. Itā€™s why we picked Wilson in the draft. Hoping he will step up as a running mid

I pushing for us to get Liam Henry last year. Maybe there is more like him we are targeting this year

Our list is poor. I have said it all year. Our Top 22-25 is very good but we fall away badly after that

LOOK at the numbers are they are scary. IMO this is the basis of our problems

We have used 34 players this year and this includes Docherty, Cuningham, Marchbank, S.Durdin, C.Durdin, Young, Martin that have played bugger all. Even Collignwood have used 40 and debuted 6 players from their Premiership year. Several clubs have used 38-40 players plus

Not including Docherty & Jack we have a number of players

Lemmey
O'Keefe
Akuei
Wilson
Monahan
Binns
Moir
Mirkov
M.Carroll
Lord (mid season)

that are on our list that are either not ready or not up to it. That is way too many. Either way that is a very unbalanced list especially when we carry so many injury prone players

On top of this players like Walsh, Cerra, Weitering are having to play underdone or not close to 100% fit

We have also not had ONE debutant for us unless you include Elijah & Fantasia

That means we are trying to get through a season (and win a flag) with around 30-32 players. This is ridiculous

IMO this is a our biggest issue and could cost us a flag
The players look tired and it makes sense that they are.

Our midfield really is Cripps then a few floaters and Walsh missed a few early. Thereā€™s not enough chop out in the midfield to give Cripps and some others a rest. We need to draft and trade for players who can also have stints on ball.

We also have a shit ton of cash invested into:
Cripps
Harry
Charlie
Walsh
Weitering
TDK

That would be close to 1/3 of out salary cap on 6 players. It leaves little room to bring in B grade players. We certainly donā€™t need anymore A graders to pay. We need a lot of B graders who can play several positions.

We need a reset of sorts and I know that sounds strange considering at the start of this round we were 2nd on the ladder, but itā€™s true.

IMO no player with the cap the way it is should command more than 1 million a year and we probably have 6 that will fluctuate between 800k to 1.3 million depending on the year of agreed payment. We are in a way killing ourselves from bringing a handful of guys each year to improve our list because the money is too tied up.

If what they say is true and the stars of our club are taking unders to keep the group together thatā€™s great and all. But take 700k at most a year and remove the shackles of our tight salary cap and go after a premiership. 700k is a fortune each year letā€™s not kid ourselves. Walsh is currently playing like a 500k player imo and is getting absolutely pantsed week in week out. Making ridiculous errors. Then thereā€™s Cerra who Iā€™m sure is also on a heap of money. Playing like a 1st year with the amount of mistakes he is making.

We actually have a really good 20 players and then it falls away and we canā€™t bring in other top players as our stars are eating up our cap.

If we remove 10 players this off season I doubt it changes much moving forward as we again donā€™t have the money to bring in B-C graders, it will just be going to the draft.

And the club know it. Itā€™s why we picked Wilson in the draft. Hoping he will step up as a running mid

I pushing for us to get Liam Henry last year. Maybe there is more like him we are targeting this year
Luckily for us theres a lot of speed in this year's draft. Biggest issue will be addressing the KPD issue as well as hitting the draft hard or finding some cheap role players.

Feel like we will struggle to do both if we don't see a few notable names moved on rather than the usual Cunners, Marchbank, Mirkov types etc.

It's time to say goodbye to our players who spend more time on the injury list than on the ground. Forget about potential.
Martin, Cunners, and Marchy, and fringe players such as Sam Durdin, Young, and Cottrell. We're not winning a premiership with them.
We need players with skill, speed and with some football nous. Throw in a Key defender and a third tall, but hopefully, JSOS can come back and secure a spot in the forward line.

We can get so much better next year and this is before adding players

B: Boyd Weitering McGovern
HB: Wilson Lemmey Saad
C: Acres Cripps Kemp
HF: Elijah McKay Owies
F: Silvagni Charlie Motlop
Foll: TDK Cerra Walsh
Int: Kennedy Newman Cowan Docherty Hewett Williams Oā€™Keefe Ollie Binns Fogarty Cincotta Lord

Thatā€™s our top 30. Itā€™s very good
Lemmey is my only question mark and shows our lack of size in defence

That is a heck of a line up when fit and up and running. Just need to add run and some size and depth

Our list is poor. I have said it all year. Our Top 22-25 is very good but we fall away badly after that

LOOK at the numbers are they are scary. IMO this is the basis of our problems

We have used 34 players this year and this includes Docherty, Cuningham, Marchbank, S.Durdin, C.Durdin, Young, Martin that have played bugger all. Even Collignwood have used 40 and debuted 6 players from their Premiership year. Several clubs have used 38-40 players plus

Not including Docherty & Jack we have a number of players

Lemmey
O'Keefe
Akuei
Wilson
Monahan
Binns
Moir
Mirkov
M.Carroll
Lord (mid season)

that are on our list that are either not ready or not up to it. That is way too many. Either way that is a very unbalanced list especially when we carry so many injury prone players

On top of this players like Walsh, Cerra, Weitering are having to play underdone or not close to 100% fit

We have also not had ONE debutant for us unless you include Elijah & Fantasia

That means we are trying to get through a season (and win a flag) with around 30-32 players. This is ridiculous

IMO this is a our biggest issue and could cost us a flag

Too many players on the list unable to play AFL due to quality, maturity or injury status. I'm disappointed in some of our youth. Just not up to it. This week we should have been able to pick Lemmy but he's not AFL quality buy quite a long way. O'Keefe could have been a sneaky chance to play alongside Pitto but he's become injury prone. Wilson I feel would have possibly got a game but injured at the wrong time. Binns they don't like. Moir is miles and miles away, looks a suspect selection. Akuei is miles away from AFL. So is Monahan. Barely VFL. Mirkov the same. Then there is Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham, Fantasia, Williams and Durdin who have been injury prone to go with our regular injury list.

List is currently in poor shape. Keep saying if we win it, it will be because everything has gone right. Well the opposite is happening.

We could do with a good influx of mature recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back