List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if this might almost compel the club to re-contract him for another season? Similar to McCarthy? And also what Collingwood did with their couple of blokes who were battling concussion issues over summer.
I don't know, the list squeeze is going to be very tight. Leaving aside the Cat B boys, we're allowed 42 players across the senior and Cat A rookie lists. We currently have 45 due to the three MSD picks, and we have to keep McLachlan as he's on an 18 month contract. So say we kept Lane and delisted Lyons, Prior, Madden, Michael, Craven and Beecken (I think we have to accept Joyce is staying since ZZ isn't ready to step in if we get tall defender injuries next year). That only leaves us with three spots that we can take to the draft to match Levi and Marshall. That isn't a lot. And based on their play in the VFL, if we're keeping anyone, I think it should be Beecken.

I feel bad for Kalin, but unless someone else demands a trade away, I think there just isn't a spot available for him. I think he was on the way out the door even before the injury.

I don't know, the list squeeze is going to be very tight. Leaving aside the Cat B boys, we're allowed 42 players across the senior and Cat A rookie lists. We currently have 45 due to the three MSD picks, and we have to keep McLachlan as he's on an 18 month contract. So say we kept Lane and delisted Lyons, Prior, Madden, Michael, Craven and Beecken (I think we have to accept Joyce is staying since ZZ isn't ready to step in if we get tall defender injuries next year). That only leaves us with three spots that we can take to the draft to match Levi and Marshall. That isn't a lot. And based on their play in the VFL, if we're keeping anyone, I think it should be Beecken.

I feel bad for Kalin, but unless someone else demands a trade away, I think there just isn't a spot available for him. I think he was on the way out the door even before the injury.
I believe we can re-sign Lane, and put him straight on the LTI, which opens up a roster spot for us.

We can say hey, we’ll rehab you, you’ll have the security of a minimum salary contract, but at the end of next year, you need to look for another club.

And if we have a season ending injury after next years MSD, we can activate Lane back on to the list.

I believe we can re-sign Lane, and put him straight on the LTI, which opens up a roster spot for us.

We can say hey, we’ll rehab you, you’ll have the security of a minimum salary contract, but at the end of next year, you need to look for another club.

And if we have a season ending injury after next years MSD, we can activate Lane back on to the list.
If we are the club we aspire to be, with the culture we claim, we can't boot him in these circumstances. At a minimum full medical support.

If we are the club we aspire to be, with the culture we claim, we can't boot him in these circumstances. At a minimum full medical support.
The approach briztoon suggests above sounds good to me, but if we did move on I don't think delisting him at this stage is callous or undermines culture. He was always a project player, and one that may still come good, but fundamentally needs to be able to play to have value. It sounds harsh but we also have cultural commitments to fans, sponsors, other players etc. to do everything we can to have success, not just that individual. I would be disappointed if we didn't offer continued full medical support (as you say) but we can delist him without being uncaring...

More importantly, if it's an ACL, best of luck to the big man and a real shame given the reports that he was starting to come good in the VFL.

If we can put him on the LTI, then sure. If not, blame the AFL for having list restrictions. I think having a maximum number of list spots is utterly moronic. The salary cap is enough of a restriction. If a team can fit in more players under their cap, they should be able to do so.

If we can put him on the LTI, then sure. If not, blame the AFL for having list restrictions. I think having a maximum number of list spots is utterly moronic. The salary cap is enough of a restriction. If a team can fit in more players under their cap, they should be able to do so.
I reckon about the only way I can get on the Lion's roster. I will pay them to clog the list.

Hell yeah, 1 club players for Hugh and Bez is special.

These signings ladies and gentlemen are the reason why Fages has a right to coach this team. Its pretty unbelievable that we have managed to keep all of these players and I put that down to the great culture and environment Fages has created.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what does this mean:
"Brisbane lions making most posts a winner"
Not sure if I've just had a stroke, but I have no idea

Back