List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rayner and Bailey for Petracca?

There’s no guarantee that Petracca will be back to his best after an injury loke that and the aftermath.

Dusty was never the same player after his kidney injury.
Melbourne would scoff at that offer, though the deal would be amazing just to see danster's head explode at Rayner going to his club.

Just looking a little ahead here, Joe is off contract at the end of 2025. He'd turn 32 at the start of the 2026 season. How many more years can we get out of him as the #1 key forward?
He doesn’t appear to be slowing down yet.
He’s had over 90 shots at goal this year.
If only he could convert a few more.

He doesn’t appear to be slowing down yet.
He’s had over 90 shots at goal this year.
If only he could convert a few more.
Joe’s resilience with us has been remarkable, particularly given that he came to us as a high risk croc after years of serious groin injuries… it could have easily turned bad as a list management decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Besides which I'd love to see him stick it up these negative nancy's in the media who prey on every little thing he does wrong , and bring home a flag for us. So he can retire a legend.
I've said it before on here, but given how celebrated the Daniher family is in the VFL media, I've always been surprised its never extended to Joe for reasons beyond me, because I'd have thought the Joe enigma is enough for him to be really liked. Clearly not.

Joe really seems to enjoy playing. He's just about our best player , certainly on his day ,and is consistently good.

I'd say he's got another 3-4 years in him.
100% as long as he stays injury free he could play on for a few more. But also totally get the feeling he could pull the pin as soon as he isn't feeling it any more. I'm just hoping we get a flag (or 2 or 3) and he goes out on top like that

Daniher's Noosa stay and trek up for games arrangement must look very attractive for Petracca.
It's a dangerous thing to think because these things can turn out the wrong way easily enough but right now I think I'd give up everything I had to to get hold of Petracca.

Won't happen of course but just sayin'

It's a dangerous thing to think because these things can turn out the wrong way easily enough but right now I think I'd give up everything I had to to get hold of Petracca.

Won't happen of course but just sayin'
Very high risk. Expending considerable draft capital and/or best 22 players in a win it all or back to a rebuild with Tassie concessions on the horizon.

Love to have Petracca. But we have the opportunity to get bonus draft concession for Lashcroft, possible Marshall, Gillard, Glider, Gallop this year and possible Annabel, Geese next year. With luck and continued good management sets us up for team transition.

There are risks in recruiting of course. Petracca trade just seems like all the eggs in one basket.

All hypothetical of course, as you say won’t happen.

I've said it before on here, but given how celebrated the Daniher family is in the VFL media, I've always been surprised its never extended to Joe for reasons beyond me, because I'd have thought the Joe enigma is enough for him to be really liked. Clearly not.
The Victorian media were very offended that Joe would turn his back on a big Melbourne club with so many family connections and head off to Brisbane. If he had gone to another big Vic club they wouldn’t have cared. So they love talking him down as much as possible which is truly disgusting. He hated the media spotlight in Melbourne and was glad to get away and that irritates them even more.

The Victorian media were very offended that Joe would turn his back on a big Melbourne club with so many family connections and head off to Brisbane. If he had gone to another big Vic club they wouldn’t have cared. So they love talking him down as much as possible which is truly disgusting. He hated the media spotlight in Melbourne and was glad to get away and that irritates them even more.
Won't happen, but wonder if that would change if Uncle Neale came out and communicated something about his nephew whether the tune would change. I sort of don't care just that I find the Vic media and umps treatment of Joe disengenuos.

Joe’s resilience with us has been remarkable, particularly given that he came to us as a high risk croc after years of serious groin injuries… it could have easily turned bad as a list management decision.
I think despite it being time off for injuries, the length of lay off he had mid career could extend his career by a few years as well because he, in theory shouldn't have as much wear and tear on his body as if he was healthy and playing consistently during those years.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back