List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Poster on another board reckons that we have our future second and third round picks on the trade table, for points in this draft.

Would probably be a live draft night trade.
Makes sense to be a draft day trade since storing value in 2024 picks avoids us getting capped by list spots like our trade with NM last year.

Pretty sure we can only do that if he hasn't signed the retirement agreement.
It would be asking him a lot to relocate. He has a young family and is settled on a sixty hectare property with horses and cattle. It would be surprising if Brisbane got any interest from him. Worth a try, but I’m sure he would decline.

We probably didn't expect him to come on like he has either.
The club was actually pretty keen on him and chuffed they managed to get him to move last year.

Suffice to say, it hasn't played out like was hoped.

Luke Lloyd has shown pretty good signs in the VFL as well... probably standard development for a 19 year old key forward, Logan Morris is the exception and has maybe inflated the expectations on Luke from some, I would hazard a guess that the Lions are happy with the way he is tracking.

Luke Lloyd has shown pretty good signs in the VFL as well... probably standard development for a 19 year old key forward, Logan Morris is the exception and has maybe inflated the expectations on Luke from some, I would hazard a guess that the Lions are happy with the way he is tracking.
My best mate in Melbourne knows all about Luke Lloyd. His son plays at the same local club that Luke played for. When the Lions drafted him last year, my mate says that we have got a special player there. I consider him to be a pretty good footy judge. So if Luke can stay fit next year, he will be one to watch!

I was talking about McMorris playing well above what was expected.
We traded for Ryan before we drafted Morris or Lloyd, which is a big part of the reason I'm not really upset. I can see the logic - it hasn't played out (yet) for Ryan, but thankfully we got lucky with Logan.

Are you referring to Ryan?
Yeah, misunderstood p4p1's comment as he flagged - I thought it was negative about Ryan rather than positive about Morris. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that others have made note of him but with GWS interested in Stringer maybe we could shake Riccardi free. Definite game time you could say. Just a thought. I reckon we won’t be able to bring anyone in personally but wait and see.
Big fan of Jake Riccardi, not OOC until 2026 according to footywire so sadly I don't think there is much chance at all of us having enough trade capital to entice the Giants even if Jake was open to it.

Yep - i still cant get over what we gave up for him too! Broderick, Baldwin and Gale. Crazy.

The original trade was to be an out of contract Broderick in a straight swap for Craig Lambert and Jeff Hogg for Michael Gale and Matthew Dundas, as an attempt to replace both Broderick and Alistair Lynch. Lambert refused to let Richmond tell him what to do and so the deal was changed to Hogg and Pick 6 to Fitzroy in return for Dundas, Broderick, Gale and Pick 26.

So effectively it became

a) Jeff Hogg to Fitzroy (40 games for Fitzroy) for Michael Gale (91 games for Richmond) and Matthew Dundas (14 games for Richmond). Hogg had been Richmond's captain and leading goalkicker in 1993.

b) Pick #6 to Fitzroy in return for Paul Broderick (169 games for Richmond) and Pick #26.

Big fan of Jake Riccardi, not OOC until 2026 according to footywire so sadly I don't think there is much chance at all of us having enough trade capital to entice the Giants even if Jake was open to it.
Riccardo would be high on the wish list, but the reality is that there is no room to offer to make a trade for him.

Brisbane currently have about 1000 point. If Levi was to go at pick 2 and Sam Marshall at 12, with the 20% discount, that’s still about 3000 points needed. Given that Brisbane are usually great at trading picks for points, they may turn their 1000 into 2000.

Add to this getting some currency for Dev, Prior, and Sharp, in the vicinity of a total around 1000 point, that equals the 3000 needed.

I think the only stop gap option is a delisted forward. Sam Day the front runner at this stage to help out Henry Smith, Fort, Lloyd or whoever fills the forward spot. I see next years forward line being quite changeable.

Watching the trading day show on kayo and they suggested Richmond might give up 32, 42, 43, 45 and 51 for our pick 20. That would surprise me tbh. I know Richmond won't need them, but I'd be surprised if they were willing to make our job so easy.
I'm not right up on the drafting rules but if we were to go to the draft with those 5 selections doesn't that mean we have to have 5 list spots available?

Are we not better off doing draft night banking of picks?

On the other hand maybe we are open to taking 5 in the draft if it is at all possible eg. Ashcroft, Marshall, Gallop, Gillett and Gilder.

I'm not right up on the drafting rules but if we were to go to the draft with those 5 selections doesn't that mean we have to have 5 list spots available?
No. Clubs just need to select 3 players in the draft. Those 5 selections in the draft will help us match bids for Ashcroft/Marshall

Are we not better off doing draft night banking of picks?

On the other hand maybe we are open to taking 5 in the draft if it is at all possible eg. Ashcroft, Marshall, Gallop, Gillett and Gilder.
If we move Neale and Dunkley to the rookie list that will free up a couple of extra spots.

Watching the trading day show on kayo and they suggested Richmond might give up 32, 42, 43, 45 and 51 for our pick 20. That would surprise me tbh. I know Richmond won't need them, but I'd be surprised if they were willing to make our job so easy.
That would be a great pick swap. Hope it’s possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back