List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This from JasRulz63 who has the great "List changes, contract status and key dates - 2024" stickied thread on our board.

As of now >

Departures
Senior List (4 out)

Jarryd Lyons (retired)
Joe Daniher (retired)
Carter Michael (delisted)
James Madden Kalin Lane (to Ireland)

Rookie List (1 out)
Kalin Lane (delisted)

ROOKIES > OOC 2025 Brain, Lester, Reville, Joyce, McLachlan... and OOC 2024 Beecken, Craven.

Prior waiting on an offer too. So potentially 7 list spots.

Only one I can think might need to be upgraded would be Brain?

This from JasRulz63 who has the great "List changes, contract status and key dates - 2024" stickied thread on our board.

ROOKIES > OOC 2025 Brain, Lester, Reville, Joyce, McLachlan... and OOC 2024 Beecken, Craven.
Good list. Worth specifying that Brain & Reville are our 2 Cat B rookies [allowed 3] while McKenna is also one of our Cat A Rookies [allowed 6]

I actually think Sharp would thrive at a club that utilises it's wings more so than the Lions (as width players). He's actually not that bad and at times throughout the season I would have had him over Fletcher who struggled for form.

Has developed a harder edge as well which is a rarity for wingers in the league. Just his disposal was a bit iffy but again that might be the role that we use for our wingers. Just not a lot of free space for them to work in. Lions seem to prefer defensive efforts or ability to win the contested ball for the wing roles. This results in wing roles under pressure when they do gain possession.

Landgon will help him immensely and would be the perfect role model.

He's a good bloke. Wish him well.
Very much agree with this. Good chance he thrives in the Melbourne system and I cant blame him for going for a chance at it. Pretty thankful on how he helped our training standards and running ability. Definitely pushed the group to a better level.

With Marshall coming in our mid and wing spots have so many guys trying for spots. Its win win Sharp going to Melbourne and getting us points

As of now >

Departures
Senior List (4 out)

Jarryd Lyons (retired)
Joe Daniher (retired)
Carter Michael (delisted)
James Madden Kalin Lane (to Ireland)

Rookie List (1 out)
Kalin Lane (delisted)

What is everyone thinking re the mid season draftees - who would we rate enough to keep?

Beecken seems likely, the other 2 might depend on list spots?

Interesting we are happy to let players look around would that assume we see more potential upside in the mid season draftees?

Interesting we are happy to let players look around would that assume we see more potential upside in the mid season draftees?
I think it’s more about giving players opportunity to make the most of their careers (plus needing draft points).
None of the players looking around are best 22 and will slip further down the pecking order next year. Plus we have 4 ACL’s coming back.

I really hoped Sharpie would make it with us... in fact makes me sad he won't. I think each year he developed and it's easy to forget how young he is given he's been on our list so long. He was in a long line of players but for a wing spot...

My biggest fear for him is what the move to the Dees will actually do for him as a person... from the outside it just seems to be a cesspit. He's always seemed like a great team mate... I hope they don't screw him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems like a bloody good trade. And it feels nice to be dealing with the main team that could cost us with Levi's placement

This has been predicatble since last year's trade period when Richmond accummulated all those junk picks, and then the AFL not bringing in bidding changes for this year confirmed it.

This has been predicatble since last year's trade period when Richmond accummulated all those junk picks, and then the AFL not bringing in bidding changes for this year confirmed it.
What a shite load of early draft picks the Tigers are going to have if Bolton, Baker and Rioli end up being traded out.

Currently have - 1, 20 and 24.

You would think those 3 guys would attract picks well before pick 20.

What a shite load of early draft picks the Tigers are going to have if Bolton, Baker and Rioli end up being traded out.

Currently have - 1, 20 and 24.

You would think those 3 guys would attract picks well before pick 20.

At minimum will end up with 1, 6, 10, 13, 18, 20, 24.

They'll definitely trade some of those out for future picks because you surely don't want to take 7 high picks in one year and force simultaneous contracting decisions on all of them 2-3 years down the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back