List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s made back to back All Australian sides. Wilmot has not.

Our defensive balance would be thrown off with both Houston and zork. Don’t think there is much between them for how they’d influence our style of play this year.

Obviously Houston is younger and has another 5 good years so he’d be an asset. Not sure he’s much more of an upgrade above Kiddy though and you can only really have one pure attacking half back.

Whether Houston should have been a 2 time AA is a different question too.

Our defensive balance would be thrown off with both Houston and zork. Don’t think there is much between them for how they’d influence our style of play this year.

Obviously Houston is younger and has another 5 good years so he’d be an asset. Not sure he’s much more of an upgrade above Kiddy though and you can only really have one pure attacking half back.

Whether Houston should have been a 2 time AA is a different question too.
I do think the Kiddy/Zorko combo could work though. Be very hard for opposition to shut both of them down at the same time.

That thought also crossed my mind the other day when Harry Sharp requested a trade to the Dees... straight swap?

I don't think it is any chance of happening, the Full Cream boat has been tried and it has sailed.
Fullerton is not happy there, not played a game and Melbourne are looking for a new ruckman to help Gawn out, just cant see Fullerton getting a game. I also suggested he come back as 'cover' to the Lions.

but we are not chasing Houston so the point is moot Answerth will only get better the majority of the reason is he doesn't seem to fit into Fagan's plans is that he prefers McKenna
You could be right but i'm not sure McKenna is above Answerth now. The grand final against the Pies show our backline was missing a defender that could lock down a quick small forward. During the year I heard both Harris and Zorks praise Answerth for adding into the team that sort of defender and I don't think any small forward cleaned us up this year, well cleaned Answerth up. I agree Fagan probably had McKenna ahead last year for his creativity and Answerth had a bad run of injuries. Then the Zorko move to half back worked so well McKenna was caught in middle but his creativity and run, late in a game, does make him a great sub. It's so brilliant to have Kiddy and possibly Doodee and Gardner pushing for spots in a Premiership backline. Will be a great season to watch this unfold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone remember how much Oscar played at FF when Daniher was rucking vs spent time off the ground?

I can’t say I ever paid attention but if someone did, it would be useful to know in this discussion of using Fort/Smith vs recruiting a stop gap third true tall forward 🤔

We would be hypocrites if that happened.

You can’t complain about Mal Michael retiring and then landing at Essendon.

Essendon fans would be seething if Coleman did the same.
There's a bit of difference between "changing your mind" after 50 days versus 70 years though.

Does anyone remember how much Oscar played at FF when Daniher was rucking vs spent time off the ground?

I can’t say I ever paid attention but if someone did, it would be useful to know in this discussion of using Fort/Smith vs recruiting a stop gap third true tall forward 🤔

Majority of time he was off the ground.

but we are not chasing Houston so the point is moot Answerth will only get better the majority of the reason is he doesn't seem to fit into Fagan's plans is that he prefers McKenna

McKenna is an interesting case. He was quite outspoken that the main reason he's returning to AFL was to win a premiership. I wonder how his motivation levels would be for 2025. We might see a drop off or even a return back to Ireland at some point.

McKenna is an interesting case. He was quite outspoken that the main reason he's returning to AFL was to win a premiership. I wonder how his motivation levels would be for 2025. We might see a drop off or even a return back to Ireland at some point.
Answerth played and he was sub through the finals.. If Kiddy is back and fit he go ahead of both.

The Sharp to Dees deal will get done and if a club wants Dev our club will get that done as well.

Looking like we will definitely have enough list spots to bring in W Ashcroft, Marshall, Gillett, Gallop and Gilder ...... if we want all of them.

Maybe the guy Crusha really likes ie. Barrat as well.
I think a team will pick Gallop after his strongish performance against Werribee in the finals....I only saw highlights and he looks like he will develop into a powerful forward.

I think a team will pick Gallop after his strongish performance against Werribee in the finals....I only saw highlights and he looks like he will develop into a powerful forward.

Extremely speculative. Should go at the last pick in the draft. Has very little AFL attributes. Go ahead and make sure every recruiter know that please.

... 😎

Based on the amount of work other draftees have showcased, a fair bit of the list is ahead of him at this stage. Speculative at the moment, bids might come in very late at best.

Gallop might have got a hailmary bid in 30s or 40s in any other year. but this year is rated quite a deep draft so he might scrape through at the very end.

If being associated with our academy program gets him drafted via an early bid, I'm happy for him to be honest.

Was about to read an article before about McKenna possibly returning home but had a firewall....anybody heard anything?

Guys you're still trying to replace Joe and I'm telling you we can't do it, we just can't do it. Now what we might be able to do is we create him. We create him in the aggregate. Of the twenty thousand players in the AFL and state leagues for us to consider, I believe there's 3 players that we can afford.

He is contracted for 2025 so it will be up to him to leave if homesick.
Depends on if he is enjoying his Brisbane life. He certainly would have loved winning a GF.
I doubt he can find a job back in Ireland for the same sort of money.
But as Jo has showed us money is not everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back