List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

I started making a list of 1st round picks from last years draft, to show that the majority of first round picks will have little to no impact on us achieving success.
The list excludes Reid, Mckercher and Duursma who were 3 of the top 4, picks we wonā€™t have access to.

Regardless of how good the kid you like looks in the champs or at U18 level or how good they might be in 2-3 years, if you think we are in our window now, then I donā€™t see them addressing any holes in our list next year.

Thatā€™s not to say donā€™t pick in the first round but Iā€™d hate to see us use all our currency on kids, which would need to happen to take two top 15 picks.

Curtain 5 games
Walter 5 games
Read 4 games
Caddy 8 games
Osulivan 1 game
Gothard 0
Croft 0
Green 0
Leake 0
McCabe 0
Hardeman 0
Goad 0
Dawson 0
Cleary 2
Edwards 0
Di Mattia 0
Collard 3
McCabe 0
Moir 0

I'd take Luke Parker. It would sort of be a Hodge type pickup. Provides onfield leadership and direction. When he plays forward, we can certainly use someone instructing the other forwards.

List spots incredibly tight. What we NEED is likely six main list spots (minimum). Will have 3-4 rookie list available too.

1. Draft pick
2. Draft pick/Ben Campo
3. Ben Campo/Draft Pick
4. Lucas Campo/Draft Pick
5. Trade/Free Agent - Haynes? Reported, and I like.
6. Rookie promotion -Boyd

How do we get them?
1. Marchbank
2. Cuningham
3. Martin (hopefully token trade)
4. Owies (the dogs are barking - second to third round back in trade refer Schultz price Freo-Coll)
5. Carroll (trade to WCE being touted widely - third round back dont rule out second pick swap somehow)
6. Unless another left field comes up, move Fantasia or C.Durdin to rookie list. Neither likely to be poached in a delist/re draft scenario.

That is the most logical to me at this stage.

Probably leaves two or three rookie spots vacant factoring in Lord addition. Still uncertain if Duffy has to go on Rookie A list or can be put in Rookie B. If we canā€™t put him on Rookie B will mean canā€™t put other Irish on there. If the extension of eligible time on rookie list applies to B list as well as A if nit played ā€œxā€ games, it may make sense to keep Dom as an option for our thin tall defensive depth.

If we were a rebuilding side that d like this, but how are we improving next year buy not bringing in anyone other than Haynes?

The competition doesnā€™t stand still and we donā€™t have a young developing list, your list has us trading and getting rid of heaps of experience and bringing in very little

I started making a list of 1st round picks from last years draft, to show that the majority of first round picks will have little to no impact on us achieving success.
The list excludes Reid, Mckercher and Duursma who were 3 of the top 4, picks we wonā€™t have access to.

Regardless of how good the kid you like looks in the champs or at U18 level or how good they might be in 2-3 years, if you think we are in our window now, then I donā€™t see them addressing any holes in our list next year.

Thatā€™s not to say donā€™t pick in the first round but Iā€™d hate to see us use all our currency on kids, which would need to happen to take two top 15 picks.

Curtain 5 games
Walter 5 games
Read 4 games
Caddy 8 games
Osulivan 1 game
Gothard 0
Croft 0
Green 0
Leake 0
McCabe 0
Hardeman 0
Goad 0
Dawson 0
Cleary 2
Edwards 0
Di Mattia 0
Collard 3
McCabe 0
Moir 0

Has anyone said use all our currency on first round picks?

Go back 2 years. Cadman Sheezel Wardlaw Phillipou Ashcroft Ginbey Weedle Jones and more all starting to look very good to me and making an impact at their clubs. Most pushing for finals

Cripps Charlie Weitering Walsh McKay Cerra TDK should all still be in their prime in 2 years. Cowan Kemp Ollie Elijah Motlop Boyd Wilson Moir Oā€™Keefe etc should really be stepping up

We are talking 1 or 2 picks. You need to keep regenerating list with some kids no matter where you are

We will add Haynes, the Campo kids and a few other trades, FAs, DFAs etc. Not sure what else we could do?

Has anyone said use all our currency on first round picks?

Go back 2 years. Cadman Sheezel Wardlaw Phillipou Ashcroft Ginbey Weedle Jones and more all starting to look very good to me and making an impact at their clubs. Most pushing for finals

Cripps Charlie Weitering Walsh McKay Cerra TDK should all still be in their prime in 2 years. Cowan Kemp Ollie Elijah Motlop Boyd Wilson Moir Oā€™Keefe etc should really be stepping up

We are talking 1 or 2 picks. You need to keep regenerating list with some kids no matter where you are

We will add Haynes, the Campo kids and a few other trades, FAs, DFAs etc. Not sure what else we could do?
Are there any targets we have a chance of getting in an Acres, E. Hollands, Newman etc type deal? High output potential for low cost

I know Haynes has been a good player but Im still not sure he is what we need.

The missing 2nd KPD has caused us all sorts of grief.

Reckon if we paid up a bit more and get a player specifically for KPD it might be more beneficial.

We really need some stability in defence.

I dont want us to find another make shift player to fill that role.

Reckon if we paid up a bit more and get a player specifically for KPD it might be more beneficial.

Could it be that he is just the Marchbank replacement?

...and that maybe helps getting Young to play 2nd KPD with Haynes on field help?
In my view I think it needs to be Haynes + a true key defender who essentially replaces Sam Durdin. Young defensively isn't the issue imo - it's his slow decision making by foot. Fix that and he has a chance to get back in this team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™m okay with it IF we then move Kemp up the ground. Itā€™s the flow on effect

If we have Weitering McGovern Haynes as our taller back 3 thatā€™s okay. Just important what we put around them

He wonā€™t cost much

If we were a rebuilding side that d like this, but how are we improving next year buy not bringing in anyone other than Haynes?

The competition doesnā€™t stand still and we donā€™t have a young developing list, your list has us trading and getting rid of heaps of experience and bringing in very little
ā€œMy listā€ is compiled from feedback that is right in front of us and being stated by many in the know.

The ā€œinsā€ are taken from what is available, what we can afford under the salary cap and what we need. You said ā€œwe donā€™t have a young developing listā€. We need players developing. The future is as important as the now. We have a window, but we donā€™t want to end up like Tigers or Eagles bottoming that low. We have some excellent prospects to come in over the next couple of years which will replenish us. We have a couple of holes to fill, and need some pace and precision to compete in the modern game.

Our existing list is capable of a flag with some luck and a couple of tweaks. Those tweaks are available in this draft and have been spoken about on these pages. We need another key defender immediately and will need another one developing very soon. (Haynes hopefully buys us two years to allow development) We cannot buy any more ready to go stars with the current commitment to our contracted players. It is down to top ups, incremental gains through speculative trades and primarily generation next being put together bit by bit.

As has been mentioned by others replying to my post, there are other possibilities for trading. Pittonet and Young are likely to become surplus, but they have a purpose on the list and are contracted. I suspect we would resist Pittonet trades until Oā€™Keeffe is ā€œbloodedā€, Young covers many positions, maybe we can find cheap cover and add to the rookie list, but I am not aware of any we are likely to get currently apparent.

I would prefer not to trade Carroll or Owies just yet, but they are uncontracted and likely have suitors. We need the spots.

yeah it would be great to fill that role from within..

Denver Grainger-Barass is out of contract and with Barass coming in Hawks will let him go

Pick 6 and has struggled but is only 21 which is young for a KPD. KPD are hard to get

Be well worth a try because if it worked we have an important player for nearly nothing

I'd take Luke Parker. It would sort of be a Hodge type pickup. Provides onfield leadership and direction. When he plays forward, we can certainly use someone instructing the other forwards.

Well if weā€™re into Haynes,May as well get Parker but another slow mid dosent help still classy player who could add experience.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Denver Grainger-Barass is out of contract and with Barass coming in Hawks will let him go

Pick 6 and has struggled but is only 21 which is young for a KPD. KPD are hard to get

Be well worth a try because if it worked we have an important player for nearly nothing

Iā€™d rather Busslinger from the dogs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back