List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd take Luke Parker. It would sort of be a Hodge type pickup. Provides onfield leadership and direction. When he plays forward, we can certainly use someone instructing the other forwards.
my thoughts exactly
Martin Out, Parker In
Not just that parker still has plenty of good footy in him still, his experience is as good as it gets, provide some much needed IQ in our forward line - we have the dumbest forward line in the league imo. Our backline has leadership with wieters newy and co but our forward line functions on the back of pure skill in curnow and mckay making good of poor I50 entries on their heads.
Haynes is an obvious pick - but id be looking at all options to try and rip Barass from beneath the hawks although thatd be a hard ask
Id also be asking the question of houston obviously with voss it helps - id give up our first and some for houstons ball use since we dont have one good ball user in the side except for boyd

We need leadership and composure more than any particular role.

Houston is a no brainer. With Doc and Newman nearer the end he's tailor made for what we need in defence. His value should fall around our first.

And if there is a skerrick of truth in the Parker rumours I think he would offer plenty up forward, where we clearly lack leadership. Neither Charlie or Harry appear to offer much in this regard.

Denver Grainger-Barass is out of contract and with Barass coming in Hawks will let him go

Pick 6 and has struggled but is only 21 which is young for a KPD. KPD are hard to get

Be well worth a try because if it worked we have an important player for nearly nothing
He’s not really a true KPD as he plays more of the intercept role.

I also suspect he’ll be packaged up and sent back home to Perth as part of the Barass deal.

2025 Proposed line up BEFORE we even add anyone

B: Docherty O’Keefe McGovern
HB: Wilson Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Kemp
HF: Elijah McKay Moir
F: Silvagni Curnow Motlop
Foll: TDK Cerra Walsh
Int: Cowan Lord Newman Boyd Fogarty Ollie Williams Cincotta Kennedy Hewett Lemmey Binns

That’s a heck of a side of fit and playing to a good game style

Then we add……………..Pick 8 Pick 14 Pick 28 Haynes Garcia Konstanty and Campo Twins and a DFA (McMahon)

Last edited:
imo we need to also get alot better at reinventing more players(if possible) on our list. This(along with trading for specific needs) would really help jump us forward more swiftly I feel.
Eg. Build Cowan up to be able to run through the midfield at times.
Kemp - play him forward at times and also build his tank to give us some midfield minutes(In my eyes I would earmark kemp as a cripps replacement)
Mots and durds - build them also for more midfield rotations ect ect
Let’s unturn every stone/get creative to a certain degree.
We could already have some answers under our own roof

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes better one on one than those two. But I assume we are getting him on the cheap, so I can’t really complain
Get that…just don’t understand putting energy into a position we already have and not a genuine second big bloke to support weitering…a lot of monster forwards out there and we have one guy capable of dealing with them.

Get that…just don’t understand putting energy into a position we already have and not a genuine second big bloke to support weitering…a lot of monster forwards out there and we have one guy capable of dealing with them.
With Marchbank all but gone, he would be the natural replacement in the pecking order I assume?

Has anyone said use all our currency on first round picks?

Go back 2 years. Cadman Sheezel Wardlaw Phillipou Ashcroft Ginbey Weedle Jones and more all starting to look very good to me and making an impact at their clubs. Most pushing for finals

Cripps Charlie Weitering Walsh McKay Cerra TDK should all still be in their prime in 2 years. Cowan Kemp Ollie Elijah Motlop Boyd Wilson Moir O’Keefe etc should really be stepping up

We are talking 1 or 2 picks. You need to keep regenerating list with some kids no matter where you are

We will add Haynes, the Campo kids and a few other trades, FAs, DFAs etc. Not sure what else we could do?
More than happy to use an early pick at the draft if we address needs by other means, but you and others have expressed a desire for multiple first round picks this year, which to me would suggest we aren’t trading for anyone else and would need to use a F1 as well.

You just listed the top 4 selections of the 2022 draft who are all great players, yet we don’t have a pick that high, then I count 9 players from the first round of that draft who have barely played or not at all.

Which takes me back to the point of my previous post, that first round picks are hit and miss if they make it, then it’s hit and miss if the ones who make it can impact early on in their career.

I really believe we are in our window now and should be challenging this year and next, if we aren’t pushing to win it next year, then there’s 2-3 players we should be moving on to bring in kids.

2025 Proposed line up BEFORE we even add anyone

B: Docherty O’Keefe McGovern
HB: Wilson Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Kemp
HF: Elijah McKay Moir
F: Silvagni Curnow Motlop
Foll: TDK Cerra Walsh
Int: Cowan Lord Newman Boyd Fogarty Ollie Williams Cincotta Kennedy Hewett Lemmey Binns

That’s a heck of a side of fit and playing to a good game style

Then we add……………..Pick 8 Pick 14 Pick 28 Haynes Garcia Konstanty and Campo Twins and a DFA (McMahon)
Who is at Full Back Soapy?
Our ruckman from the Magoos?

Interestingly Footy Classified just put up a stat regarding the Defenders with the highest 1v1 loss % in 2024, and surprisingly Barrass came in equal 3rd with a 1v1 loss of 34.4%. (Top 5 were 1. C.Comden 41.9%, 2. J.Kelly 40%, 3. B.McKay 34.4%, 4. T.Barrass 34.4%, J.Laverde 34.2% .... so * have 3 of the worst 1v1 defenders!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back