List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Cerra and our first round pick (#10/11) for Petracca?
I am in favour of trading Cerra.

However, i am not in favour of selling the farm for Petracca, particularly after his injury. I think people are underestimating the scale and trauma associated with this

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

I am in favour of trading Cerra.

However, i am not in favour of selling the farm for Petracca, particularly after his injury. I think people are underestimating the scale and trauma associated with this

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
Why trade Cerra? Isnā€™t his upside larger than anything we would get in a trade for him?

No-one is paying more than a token pick for Cerra after his run with hamstring injuries. We'd be selling low.
Disagree. That is subject to medical investigation.

If we were to trade Cerra (I am against), we would need to be bringing in more mature players (not necessarily in the same position as I agree our inside mid cohort is too slow as a unit.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

No-one is paying more than a token pick for Cerra after his run with hamstring injuries. We'd be selling low.
l believe you would be surprised, our injury track record as a club has been poor at best, at 24 many clubs would see the upside, considering he was probably in our top 3 best and fairest with a month to go last year, Treloar managed to overcome the same issues.

What about Cerra and our first round pick (#10/11) for Petracca?

Melbourne have no need for another midfielder, they will almost certainly insist that one of our star bigs (Harry, Charlie or TDK) is in the deal, in which case (I hope) we would say no.

The debate comes down to coaching

Weā€™ve got elite players but we need to play a more modern game (less predictable) and assign tasks to each player.

We need to get creative.

Not trade our elite players.
I agree, but not specifically that we need to play a more modern, game.
In some respects I think we need to be more traditional given we have 2 excellent KPFs.
But yes, we need to be a whole lot less predictable, especially kicking in from defense, and hugging the commentary side boundary, and getting picked off every single time.
Get a functioning forward-line system and the delivery in there sorted.

Create space, crumbers, lead, and donā€™t continually bomb it in or sh!tful disposal inside 50 (Kennedy & Walsh were up the top for the worst performers in this category).
^ This is exactly right, and my point above above having 2 key forwards in a more traditional sense.

I don't know the first thing about coaching and modern tactics but I absolutely scratch my head as to why all our forwards continually bunch up in packs try to mark or get after the ball in the same spot.

Surely 2 key forwards leading out into space on either side of the ground is going to split any defense, and make it easier for our ball carriers to choose the forward with less players around them.
Smalls at their feet. Medium FWDs heading back towards the square. Sure, double teaming, triple teaming is a thing, but if you are continually splitting they have no idea where it's going to go.
Keeper's off. We played it in Primary school. Zones will still have multiple players to defend against.

I just don't get why it's any more complicated than that. Maybe the 'panicked' pace of the game prevents clear thought.
I don't just blame our ball carriers though, our KPFs need to lead more, particularly Charlie (though a crook ankle may hinder this).
Fev was an absolute Master at this, maybe we need him as a forward coach.

I agree, but not specifically that we need to play a more modern, game.
In some respects I think we need to be more traditional given we have 2 excellent KPFs.
But yes, we need to be a whole lot less predictable, especially kicking in from defense, and hugging the commentary side boundary, and getting picked off every single time.

^ This is exactly right, and my point above above having 2 key forwards in a more traditional sense.

I don't know the first thing about coaching and modern tactics but I absolutely scratch my head as to why all our forwards continually bunch up in packs try to mark or get after the ball in the same spot.

Surely 2 key forwards leading out into space on either side of the ground is going to split any defense, and make it easier for our ball carriers to choose the forward with less players around them.
Smalls at their feet. Medium FWDs heading back towards the square. Sure, double teaming, triple teaming is a thing, but if you are continually splitting they have no idea where it's going to go.
Keeper's off. We played it in Primary school. Zones will still have multiple players to defend against.

I just don't get why it's any more complicated than that. Maybe the 'panicked' pace of the game prevents clear thought.
I don't just blame our ball carriers though, our KPFs need to lead more, particularly Charlie (though a crook ankle may hinder this).
Fev was an absolute Master at this, maybe we need him as a forward coach.
Yeap couldnā€™t agree more.

Weā€™ve got exquisite talentā€¦just need to use them to good effect.

Yeap couldnā€™t agree more.

Weā€™ve got exquisite talentā€¦just need to use them to good effect.
Those 2, Charlie and Harry, love one another having a good game, spot one another up, and generally work together well.
Some teams don't even have 1 decent KPF and manage OK.
We should be the most damaging forward line in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Govs out for todays game too.

Marchbank
Cunningham
Martin
Williams
McGovern

If these 5 had bodies made of something stronger than paper machet our list would be magnificent. But they have been anchors on this list for multiple years now and I wouldn't bat an eyelid to seeing any or even all of the 5 moved on end of year.

Haynes today
Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

We are trying to win a premiership.

Trading out a best 22 player in his mid twenties for a draft pick upgrade is the wrong idea

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's not the worst idea with paper hammys.
1. Cerra has a full pre season and doesn't do another hammy yes we go close to a flag.
2. He has the same yr with 3 hammys and his career is basically over and then hes worth heck all on the trade table..

Now do you do the trade or not?

A few players I've been thinking about (without so much as a cursory glance at their contract status)

Caleb Daniel: what's the deal? Seems to be on the outer at the Dogs. Wouldn't mind him on a forward or defensive flank to release others (thinking saad, durdin etc) into the middle.

Matthew Taberner: proven goal kicker - behind others at freo, but can definitely play a role as a 3rd tall if he can stay on the park.
Yes for a late pick...Caleb Daniel great ball user.

No to taberner he is so shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back