List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

John Noble requests a trade to SA.

Well I think I know how Port is going to replace Houston

Edit: to Gold Coast

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

With the club not coming out and knocking this on the head today, means weā€™re probably in this up to our eyeballsā€¦

Itā€™s really going to put Austin under the spotlight, to negotiateā€¦ From the outside looking in he hasnā€™t been too good at the negotiating componentā€¦

Melbourne are backed into a bit of a corner here. Donā€™t see how they donā€™t trade him.

They have a player that reportedly:
  • Officials mishandled his ā€œlife threateningā€ injuries and allowed him back on the field.
  • Players and club officials never went to see him in hospital.
  • Players werenā€™t aware he was allowed to go on a break, meaning they were still not in contact with him.
  • Player and Petracca relationships soured, Patracca had to call his own meeting with his team mates.
  • Player and Patracca relationships soured more after club even.
  • Patracca requested a trade to Carlton in his exit interview.
Wouldnā€™t loose your mind over what weā€™d have to give up yetā€¦ Cost is all media driven by Sam McClure, who said Patracca would cost McKay, Cerra and our first round pickā€¦

IMO this will get done, for less than is being bandied around, Melbourne have been negligent to Patracca and the relationship with players is becoming untenableā€¦

Going to be a big trade period to get Petracca, Houston and Aleer doneā€¦

As I've read it, both Charlie's and Harry's managers have said No. Assuming we somehow get both Trac and Houston (which I think is possible, but also difficult and on probabilities unlikely)... assuming we somehow get Tracand Houston, I'd struggle to see what draft capital we'd have left, and then how we address KPD depth for the 'now' and into the future...

ā€œNick Haynes played on the weekend. Itā€™ll be his last season at the Giants ahead of a move to Carlton as an unrestricted free agent. This one should happen no issue.ā€

Matt Owies

ā€œHeā€™s kicked the third most goals for Carlton and canā€™t get a new deal, in fact the Blues wonā€™t even enter into negotiations with him. List spots are tight, the Camporeale twins are coming in, the cap is tight, heā€™s being made to wait. Caleb Marchbank, Jack Martin and David Cuningham are all out of contract and facing uncertain futures.ā€

If we win v Brisbane with Charlie and Harry kicking say 6+ between them, then anyone thinking its a good idea to trade either of them will go silent.

Even if both are held goalless and we get flogged, I am not changing my view that trading either of them would be insane.
Trak has been living off silver service from Gawn for a long time. Teams have woken up to him running forward during clearances.
At 28 too old and expensive.
Melbourne would have to pay some of his salary and take lesser players like Kemp and Cerra.
Can't see that happening.
We need a big defender priority 1. This is the missing piece to a premiership.

With the club not coming out and knocking this on the head today, means weā€™re probably in this up to our eyeballsā€¦

Itā€™s really going to put Austin under the spotlight, to negotiateā€¦ From the outside looking in he hasnā€™t been too good at the negotiating componentā€¦

Melbourne are backed into a bit of a corner here. Donā€™t see how they donā€™t trade him.

They have a player that reportedly:
  • Officials mishandled his ā€œlife threateningā€ injuries and allowed him back on the field.
  • Players and club officials never went to see him in hospital.
  • Players werenā€™t aware he was allowed to go on a break, meaning they were still not in contact with him.
  • Player and Petracca relationships soured, Patracca had to call his own meeting with his team mates.
  • Player and Patracca relationships soured more after club even.
  • Patracca requested a trade to Carlton in his exit interview.
Wouldnā€™t loose your mind over what weā€™d have to give up yetā€¦ Cost is all media driven by Sam McClure, who said Patracca would cost McKay, Cerra and our first round pickā€¦

IMO this will get done, for less than is being bandied around, Melbourne have been negligent to Patracca and the relationship with players is becoming untenableā€¦

Going to be a big trade period to get Petracca, Houston and Aleer doneā€¦
We only need the last two ā€¦ we need more pace in the middle not less

When he plays high HF or up to the wing he has shown to be handy I believe.

It looks like theyā€™ve pushed him up the ground a few times - I like how heā€™s looked.

He mostly plays small forward of course which limits posessions.

Heā€™s worth much more than weā€™d get, heā€™s a need - why the hell would we move him on???

Im assuming they dont and its just a case of Owies has offers at so many years and $$$$ and at this stage we arenā€™t in the same ballpark.

I can only assume this is why we have said he will have to wait until after the season to get an offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haynes happening
Deep into Leek Aleer

If anything is happening around Petracca no one is talking about it

Focus is mostly on draft and some cheap trades (apparentley we have targeted someone) as it has been all year

Im assuming they dont and its just a case of Owies has offers at so many years and $$$$ and at this stage we arenā€™t in the same ballpark.

I can only assume this is why we have said he will have to wait until after the season to get an offer.
Hope he holds his water, rather than letting rip, jumping to the highest bidder.

You might be right - some way between us & he possibly.

Haynes happening
Deep into Leek Aleer

Focus is mostly on draft and some cheap trades (apparently we have targeted someone) as it has been all year
Thanks for sharing.

I can't see why we're chasing Haynes. Honestly did anyone see him on the weekend? He was horrendous and he'll be another year older. Makes no sense

Love difference in terminoloy with clubs depending on player...

John Noble home for personal reasons = "Pies - wish him all the best and fascilitat"
Petraca out due to negligence/issues = "Dees - **** no"

Translate - Noble is meh thank heavens we get something for him.

Thanks for sharing.

I can't see why we're chasing Haynes. Honestly did anyone see him on the weekend? He was horrendous and he'll be another year older. Makes no sense
Cannot possibly be worse than Young or Kemp. McGovern is regularly injured ... and out of contract at the end of next year.
Haynes makes sense as cheap reliable defender.

Haynes happening
Deep into Leek Aleer

Focus is mostly on draft and some cheap trades (apparently we have targeted someone) as it has been all year
Aleer would be a great pick up. Would transform our defensive structures, and just turned 23yo.

Not interested at all in overpaying for Petracca or potentially Houston, especially where high draft picks are at a premium over the next few years.

Haynes FA
Aleer R2
Petracca R1x2
Houston R1, R3
Camporeale x 2 R2, R4
Cerra, Docherty, JSOS back

Biggest gap becomes a better than average small forward.

Need to find three first rounders and two second rounders across the 24/25 drafts. We have two first rounders and two second rounders across those drafts already.
Highly improbable but not impossible. Make it happen Austin.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back