List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a trade he'll be a free agent. We're already light on for players in that position and will be losing Marchbank at a minimum. When bringing multiple players in to fill one position at least one of them is going to have to be a journeyman type
itā€™s a position of need because as you say Marchy hopefully gone

McGovern is injured too often

Kemp is more of a forward and may stay up front in future

So a 2nd KPD through aleer makes sense ā€¦

Between McGovern and Haynes hopefully get by for another 2 years.

In the meantime perhaps a draftee to step up into 3rd tall defender in a couple of years.

Anyone have knowledge of this kid?

Has been interviewed by almost every club but his preference is Carlton.

Happy to give the source to the mods.

638d3fe444869f08b00f913e668c4238.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
someone in the 2024 draft discussion thread said we were keen on him a while ago

Haynes FA
Aleer R2
Petracca R1x2
Houston R1, R3
Camporeale x 2 R2, R4
Cerra, Docherty, JSOS back

Biggest gap becomes a better than average small forward.

Need to find three first rounders and two second rounders across the 24/25 drafts. We have two first rounders and two second rounders across those drafts already.
Highly improbable but not impossible. Make it happen Austin.
Petracca would be more than 2 x 1sts IMO. Especially considering our 1sts are likely to be 12+ for the next couple years.
Add to that the fact that he contracted to the end of 2029.
Awesome player, but not worth the outlay.

Nick Haynes? He'll be 33yo early next season and played 8 games this year (presumably from injury?).

Only played 8 games because the Giants have a very strong backline.

He's hardly a game changer for us, but we need tall back depth. We're already short in that area, and will be losing 2.

Aleer would be a nice pick up, the athletic ability obviously his stand out asset. His decision making is a little bit off at times I've watched him. Not sure he walks in as an instantaneous kpd for us.

Only played 8 games because the Giants have a very strong backline.

He's hardly a game changer for us, but we need tall back depth. We're already short in that area, and will be losing 2.
Wouldn't be opposed on a minimum deal on one year, purely as back up.
Much more interested in Leek Aleer.

Love difference in terminoloy with clubs depending on player...

John Noble home for personal reasons = "Pies - wish him all the best and fascilitat"
Petraca out due to negligence/issues = "Dees - **** no"

Translate - Noble is meh thank heavens we get something for him
My work has a saying when they give redundancies and the saying goes they donā€™t give redundancies to Chris judds ā€¦ noble ainā€™t no Chris Judd ā€¦ trac is in this situation so the wording will always be different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the Haynes pick .. free hit cost nothing , experience and cover for Durdin and Marchbank ā€¦ if we get aleer we can go different with our 1st pick in the draft ā€¦ if we are into either Houston or trac we have to go a cheap option ..

Aleer would be a nice pick up, the athletic ability obviously his stand out asset. His decision making is a little bit off at times I've watched him. Not sure he walks in as an instantaneous kpd for us.
Could easily be describing Liam Jones there. Weitering had the smarts for the both of them and Jones the athleticism, which is what made them such a great pair

Just a theory, but I'm wondering if we can strike a 'deal' with GWS to offer a short term salary for Haynes that would give them a satisfactory compensation pick. In return, we acquire Aleer at a slightly reduced price.
Donā€™t think theyā€™d want compensation for Haynes as it will reduce their compensation if they lose Perryman or Cumming

Anyone have knowledge of this kid?

Has been interviewed by almost every club but his preference is Carlton.

Happy to give the source to the mods.

638d3fe444869f08b00f913e668c4238.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the Draft thread (2nd August) :-

Weā€™re very keen on Jesse Datolli

David Trotter of Hemisphere Management said there was no substance to his client being involved or even getting involved.

ā€œThere is absolutely no way Harry would consider going to Melbourne,ā€ Trotter said.
ā€œHarry will not be going anywhere. Carlton have said itā€™s not coming from them and Melbourne have said its not coming from them.

ā€œHarry is an absolute no. 100 per cent.ā€ The Blues are set to speak to McKay today to put him at ease as the club prepares for an elimination final against Brisbane next Saturday night.

Garcia is the one. Get him and Berry via the draft and we're alot more dynamic.
Add Rosas and maybe sheldrick as a possibility? Thereā€™s so many peripheral players out there that are exactly what we need that for one reason or another canā€™t get a game atm. Unlock the diamond in the rough.
IMO we need 1 x key back.
And 2-3 quick hf/mids

I was never moved by Haynes rumour and based on some posts during their game last week against the dogs it doesnt sound like hes going to be of too much value.

Another nothing type trade :huh:

But the Aleer trade sounds very promising :thumbsu:
Yep, aleer is the one we should be prioritising for the pillar next to weits imo

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back