List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone interested in Shai Bolton?

25, contracted BUT Tigers are looking for picks. Cost our first rounder minimum

He looks to me now he is cruising BUT he has enourmous talent and is the "type" we need. Can play as a dynamic small forward and also excel in the middle. Has the X factor we need and still young

Add him to Charlie, McKay, Kemp, Motlop, Williams plus his midfield work. IMO game changer

Thought he was locked in to WA for personal reasons? :think:

No team is going to pay 2 firsts for him.
Whilst l would not have him as a priority for us, l can see some argument with Saad/Newman and Doc at the back end of their careers.

I'd love him but the cost restricts us in so many other areas and we have more pressing needs.

I have faith in Cincotta Hollands Docherty Boyd Cowan Wilson to fill our running defender roles

He looks to me now he is cruising BUT he has enourmous talent and is the "type" we need. Can play as a dynamic small forward and also excel in the middle. Has the X factor we need and still young

Add him to Charlie, McKay, Kemp, Motlop, Williams plus his midfield work. IMO game changer

Forget Bolton Soapy

IMG_1014.jpeg

They are looking for 2 early(ish) 1sts for him

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have much more pressing needs. Especially for the cost.
The only thing I’ll say to that is can we address those needs using our first round pick this year? Midfield heavy draft, no star key defenders on the market

I think we have much more pressing needs. Especially for the cost.

I'd love him but the cost restricts us in so many other areas and we have more pressing needs.

I have faith in Cincotta Hollands Docherty Boyd Cowan Wilson to fill our running defender roles

I'm not so sure. Signed a long contract pre his AA form, so not sure what he is on. I'd guess $800K - $900K is somewhere around market value.

He seems like the sort of guy that makes team mates better...he'd be a hand in glove fit for the way Voss wants us to play.

Within the matrix of who can help us, who is available, who can we afford and who do we have the assets to obtain, he seems an excellent candidate.

Wouldn't place too much stock in these clowns though...two good first rounders for Rioli gets a tick. The same for Bolton. Lukoscius? Pick 4 get's it done. Yet Bailey Smith is nearer pick 15 (I'll take two please).

Wouldn't place too much stock in these clowns though...two good first rounders for Rioli gets a tick. The same for Bolton. Lukoscius? Pick 4 get's it done. Yet Bailey Smith is nearer pick 15 (I'll take two please).
Yeh at that price I'm taking Bailey Smith. At his best he's a top 5 player in the comp.

I'd give up our first and next years first.

Will be 23 at the start of next year.

Houston and Petracca would be awesome to watch but I still think we should stick to the plan and head to the draft/pick up some budget options.

The speculation however, is making me think a name could be departing Ikon park in the off season. Cerra? Harry? There's just no other way we'd be getting linked to names of that ilk with our cap space as restricted as it is.

The only thing I’ll say to that is can we address those needs using our first round pick this year? Midfield heavy draft, no star key defenders on the market

I'd have pace through half forward and the midfield as our biggest needs along with a KPD.
HBF would be down the list. Especially for what he would cost, both salary and trade.

You’ll get 5-6 years out of Houston, 28 next May. Ball use is pretty great, averages 23 disp and 3 i50s this season from half back. He and Farrell their top metres gained players, so he has work rate we’d find valuable alongside the ball use. I think he would suit us and replace Newman who is 32 in Jan. Saad and Docherty are 31 next year too, and I’m worried about Docs longevity to go another 3 years even though I could see him doing it if fit enough.

He would be a luxury at this point. He is a very good player, I think his acquisition would definitely serve a purpose. But yeah, that asking price is not worth it. I would much much prefer we prioritise and put our resources into small forwards/half forwards and KPD. Much more important.

l tend to agree with you, but the fact Houston has gone cold on Melbourne & we have three flankers near the end, l suspect we may look at it, also thought part of Austin drafting Wilson was that he would be a midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back