List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston is an elite player but not an area of need and will cost way too much. Pass for me, would rather spend our resources addressing our weaknesses as opposed to adding more cream.

Houston absolutely addresses the weakness our team has had for a decade. Poor ball use. Id recruit Lukosius for the exact same reason.

Wouldn't place too much stock in these clowns though...two good first rounders for Rioli gets a tick. The same for Bolton. Lukoscius? Pick 4 get's it done. Yet Bailey Smith is nearer pick 15 (I'll take two please).

Ridiculous isn’t it, if Bailey Smith is pick 15 then I’m ALL IN

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great player, brownlow smokie.

But not what we need now.

And it was 14 and a second for two seconds and a third.
I wasn’t suggesting grabbing him now, just imagining if Collingwood were giving him away this year, how much he’d suit us.

The Dogs got a bargain, The Dees and Swans both got a bargain with Grundy and the Cats got a great deal with Bowes and pick 7.

I would love for a bargain like these to come up that we could take advantage of.

We've been connected to both so the speculation about how and whether we should is bound to be fun.

I do see Harry as the one, as upset as people get when his name comes up. I also see Cerra as one to put on the table. Harry is on the dollars though, so room needs to be made.

All of these players are contracted so we'd avoid the contracted player premium if we were to trade player for player. Petracca is a better player than McKay, but McKay is a key forward. What would we have to add to Harry to make this trade? Dees could really use another key forward, back up ruck .... big time.

You know who else could use a key forward? Essendon. No, we don't want to strengthen them, but they have a better first rounder than us, his brother is there, and they were Bomber supporters growing up. Harry could be swayed here.

Pick 8 this year and a future 1st, and we suddenly have currency. 8, 11 and another mid first round pick next year. It's unlikely Port want a future 1st, but would the Dees take 8 and a future 1st for Petracca or would it take both future 1sts? What about 8 and Cerra? Port would take 11 for Houston.

It's essentially giving up a 27 year old McKay, a 24 year old Cerra and Pick 11* for Houston and Petracca, and possibly holding 2 first rounders next season.

Right now, I see Cerra as being worth a late first rounder, if we are being realistic based on injury and form this season. McKay is worth 2 first rounders, at least one of them inside the top 10. I suspect Melbourne would want Pick 8, and 2 future firsts, a la Jeremy Cameron, but I'd at least try to get something back from that.

More badly needed pace in the back half, more badly needed pace on the ball and forward. We'd be putting all of our eggs into a 3 year tilt essentially. Big risk, big reward.

We play a mobile forward line with Charlie, Kemp, Moir in there, Kennedy/Petracca rotating between clearances and forward and 2 small forwards.

Our on ball rotation is Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Kennedy/Petracca and Lord as a back up.

I really do like the mix. I don't think teams would be carving us up as much with this look.

Id rather hang on to Cerra TBH. In the event that a Harry trade is possible, I'd rather look towards getting Jack Lukosius coming in as second fiddle to Charlie than bring in Petracca.

Hold Cerra, bring in Houston and Lukosius.

He'd also be our best kick playing off HB. I cant see why you'd move him from his best position.

If Haynes comes across as well add Saad/Newman/Boyd we’re well represented in that position if not have Saad as one half back and Houston as the other that’s fine but he can do more damage as a mid IMO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lets just say hypothetically we get these rumoured trade targets...

Mcgovern Weitering Saad
Houston Haynes Newman
Acres Cripps O.Hollands
Fogarty Mckay E.Hollands
Motlop Curnow Williams
Dekoning Walsh Cerra

Hewett Kennedy Docherty Cowan

To me that would be close to what our best line up would look like. It sticks out that the Cripps, Cerra, Hewett, Kennedy conundrum still remains. All 4 of them are way too good to be playing VFL footy so I think its still in our best interest to move one of them on to allow us to add maybe bring in another highly talented draftee or a cheap trade target.

Can't say the Haynes Houston additions really excite me when looking at it on paper though tbh.
Where’s Kemp?

I like Gollant but, frankly, all he's shown is brief glimpses of AFL talent. He's not competitive enough at ground level and despite being in his 5th year he's still undersized. Doubt he'll make it but possibly worth rolling the dice on him as an ultra-low cost third tall option.
After what I saw of him during the game on the weekend, I've changed my mind about him. He would probably be a good VFL level player.

If there is a VFL or State league key defender who is an upgrade on Lewis Young - draft him. It will change our ball movement by freeing up Weitering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see JSOS at the club long term, so your point is moot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well, it's not moot because Jack is at the club and we've heard nothing to suggest he won't be there.

Durdin showed yesterday what we've been missing for much of the season.
Hopefully he can get his body right and have a good pre-season.
Durdin and Owies have proven that they can work well together. They will both push up the ground to help defend if we're under pressure and will be on the run back forward to provide link ups on the way.

Just reading some other news, and I sort of understand how rumours of Houston, Petracca, and Parker have come about. It reads like Houston wants to live in Melbourne, and was looking at going to the Dees, but given recent turmoil, there is now uncertainty here. It makes sense to sound him out. Parker seems to be linked to NM, and I don't know if we have been linked to him, but it makes sense for us (BF posters) to make a connection, given he'd be a good addition in terms of leadership (former Swans captain). And, of course, given noise re Petracca, we (CFC) would be negligent if we didn't make some contact with him/his management in some way (similar to 16 other clubs). All are possible, but at this stage none are 'likely'. Just the way I read it...

Well, it's not moot because Jack is at the club and we've heard nothing to suggest he won't be there.
I really doubt Jack will get another contact at 28 for 2026 who will depart of players off contract after 2025 possible Fantasia if Cincotta continue like this year they possibly give another year depending on spots.

Jack Carroll should survive this year list he started showing a bit depends on trade and Owies leaving. Saad, Mcgovern, Docherty, Kennedy, Hewitt and Newman will all likely be blue for 2026 and possibly Kennedy, Mcgovern, Saad and Docherty who last year will be at 33 if he survive 2 years without much injuries or poor form still in 2027.

Motlop and Cerra are going nowhere unless it a good trade. Tom De Koning is our most important player followed by Jacob Weitering so they likely to sign later on 2025. Brodie Kemp will likely be first to sign and the club probably already discussing extending contact now before end of 2025.

Billy Wilson and Cooper Lord will be easy to sign as both have shown good year at VFL and Harry Lemmey has improved this year and definitely worth holding as a tall we definitely would extend his contract untill end of 2026.

I just don't see how Silvagni survive missing this year was a big thing for him with players developing especially with the injuries he falls back down the list forward like Kennedy, Kemp even Cripps can go down their same as De Koning. Their no spot in the Midfield and backline is covered he hasnt got the speed to attack.

Their be many people in tears wheh he is moved on he did well to play 115 games just Lachie Plowman played 125 games 140 overall unfortunately Jack was never the player of his Dad and Grand Father.

He would know it a major task coming back from ACL he would have to be flying in pre season scratch match in a position to play round 1 or then he has difficult time getting in 22. He isn't a good choice as a substitute 23rd he sn't the right player to use most of the times you need some player that has run.

Last edited:
Houston would cost too much for another half back. I'd be keen to stick with Carroll, Wilson and Cowan coming through. Older players like Saad, Docherty and Cincotta can also play the role well. Try and get another later in the draft.

We have bigger needs. Key defender, smaller forward and faster pressure mids.

Good player but we need to spend our trade/draft currency wisely.
They want 2 first round picks for Houston you can forget him at Carlton no way take a player that be 28 even one first round pick is a risk. Baily Smith still 23 many years still

Durdin and Owies have proven that they can work well together. They will both push up the ground to help defend if we're under pressure and will be on the run back forward to provide link ups on the way.
Yes I like what Durdin brings. TBH I’d be looking to trade Motlop.
I don’t think he’s ever going to be able to be the small we need and is too manic for mine. He quite often rushes himself and misses his options.

Interesting because Kane Cornes also mentioned Houston & Carlton in the same sentence tonight…..

He generally gets good Port mail !
This would be very very good.
Now to see if they use the wording at tribunal.
Houston, we have...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back