List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

And, to add to the above, below are next year's OOC players that will probably also factor somewhat into this year's calculations. It'll be interesting working out who will be staying or going...

Jack Silvagni
3. Jesse Motlop
5. Adam Cerra
7. Matthew Kennedy
11. Mitch McGovern
12. Tom De Koning
14. Orazio Fantasia
15. Sam Docherty
17. Brodie Kemp
23. Jacob Weitering
24. Nic Newman
29. George Hewett (RFA)
31. Harry Lemmey
34. Rob Monahan (International Rookie Cat B)
35. Billy Wilson
36. Cooper Lord - MSD (Rookie)
39. Alex Cincotta (Pre-season SSP 2023)
Adam Saad

Locks
De Koning, Kemp, Weitering & Saad

T
rade Bait (likely re-sign)
Cerra, Motlop, Kennedy & Hewett

Assess (End of Year)
Silvagni, McGovern, Fantasia, Docherty, Lemmey, Monahan, Wilson, Lord & Cincotta.

With Petracca out of the picture, Iā€™d like us to look at Davies (GC), Aleer (GWS), Rosa (GC), Garcia (WB)

Will White 3rd B&F, been impressive this year, clever & natural creative goal kicking small forward, great effortā€¦
Really liked what I saw of him this year. Lively and a natural goal kicker.

Would be surprised if he doesn't end up on an AFL list one day if he continues on his trajectory

So what youā€™re saying is that for a very large chunk of the list we have a lot of players that are lacking professionalism year after year after year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Soft tissue hasn't really been an issue until this year - aside from the usual suspects, which is who I'm referring mostly to.

In years gone by we've been brutally unlucky with impact injuries. This is the first time we've had a spate of soft tissue so questioning the professionalism of the broader group is unfair, but those repeat offenders mostly have had criticisms in the past of it, for sure.

Carroll is a ā€œgood kidā€ who should be able to establish himself as a regular in most club teams. Unfortunately remains on the fringe with our midfield depth. A different coach with different priorities may well have him a best 22 staple. Decent leg speed compared to many of our inside group and has excellent all around capabilities. Leftie makes him POD. Will be sad to see him go, but he should become an integral part of the Eagles midfield development.

Their second will be too high for the trade, but could easily argue he is worth a mid to late second rounder in trade. Perhaps best scenario would be a second round upgrade, theirs for ours. Would be a great outcome. They will have a fair amount of business to do, so hoping we donā€™t get shuffled back too far in priorities.

Wish Jack Martin well if he can get to Freo as seems to be the want (wouldnā€™t rule out Lions backing themselves to keep him in the park). Will be a token pick, future third seems the going rate for that type of trade. We may prefer a pick this year a bit more, to deal with covering Campo boys and perhaps negotiating getting ahead of their bids.

Think Owies will depend on offers he fields and perhaps any unexpected trades opening up list more spots. Think if things stay as they are, he will be gone (reluctantly). We would likely not pay what he could get on the open market.

Will White 3rd B&F, been impressive this year, clever & natural creative goal kicking small forward, great effortā€¦
If we have enough rookie spots available at draft time, we could do worse than give him a gig. Played up the ground more late in the season and was effective. Could easily replace Owies in the small forward mix, think he has what it takes.

Interesting. Like Bott but he's not made the impact I thought he would.

I'd be happy to give him an opportunity elsewhere back in WA for the right price.

Is he out of contract? 2nd Round would be amazing. 3rd Round the most like option and if its West Coast, their 3rd is not much worse than a late 2nd.

Their second will be too high for the trade, but could easily argue he is worth a mid to late second rounder in trade. Perhaps best scenario would be a second round upgrade, theirs for ours. Would be a great outcome.
Is he out of contract? 2nd Round would be amazing. 3rd Round the most like option and if its West Coast, their 3rd is not much worse than a late 2nd.

There is zero chance that West Coast are involving their 2nd rounder in a trade for Carroll.

They don't currently have a 3rd, F3 might be the best we can hope for, but more likely it would be #59 this year.
Which would give us more points for Ben Campo.

If we have enough rookie spots available at draft time, we could do worse than give him a gig. Played up the ground more late in the season and was effective. Could easily replace Owies in the small forward mix, think he has what it takes.
Good move by the coaches trialing him further up the ground, thought he preformed well and didnā€™t look out of place, further his development maybe enhances his chances on being rookiedā€¦

Good move by the coaches trialing him further up the ground, thought he preformed well and didnā€™t look out of place, further his development maybe enhances his chances on being rookiedā€¦
There are plenty of quality small forwards across the competition who have come through the lower grades as mature acquisitions. Fair to say there may be more current small forwards who came as mature pick ups or rookies. Work ethic providing pressure is almost as attractive as the time honoured x-factor.

The more I think about it, he could be an excellent addition at a budget price. Not ruling out spending a good pick on a highly rated kid, but ā€œMoneyballā€ can be a thing. We have a few needs to address and limited draft capital.

There is zero chance that West Coast are involving their 2nd rounder in a trade for Carroll.

They don't currently have a 3rd, F3 might be the best we can hope for, but more likely it would be #59 this year.
If they can't pay up, then they miss out. Carroll has played 15 games this year; he isn't a total spud. If they want him, then they have to pay a reasonable price. We're not a charity.

If they can't pay up, then they miss out. Carroll has played 15 games this year; he isn't a total spud. If they want him, then they have to pay a reasonable price. We're not a charity.
Or they walk him through to the psd and we get nothing.

An upgrade would be our best outcome but as Stamos said, they currently donā€™t hold a 3rd and doubtful they allow us to upgrade our 2nd to their 2nd. No doubt they and us will exchange picks and players during trade monthā€¦ā€¦. So who knows what each team will have at that point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Bot, but he's an out-of-contract fringe player, Carlton are tight for list spots, and the Eagles have a good PSD pick.

We need to be realistic about what trade value he holds in this situation.

Interesting. Like Bott but he's not made the impact I thought he would.

I'd be happy to give him an opportunity elsewhere back in WA for the right price.

He is not getting a lot of opportunity and is still young.

Will be a shame to lose him but Lord has gone past him and is showing stats equivalent to most 1st round draft picks.

It is a shame lists are so tight it is hard to let players develop

Eagles will be doing plenty of business. Carroll not a star, but a 21 yo seasoned player. Played regular footy in the best 23 of a team regarded as no. 2 seed for much of the season. Fair chance becomes a 200 game player in a team struggling to establish its future engine room. (Yeo, Sheed, Kelly in or approaching twilight, Ginbey is a backman, Reid or bust, and he hasnā€™t signed an extension. Couple of kids nowhere near ready and jury out regardless) They are almost threadbare with bankable mids. Jack Graham linked as a free agent, they will overpay for, and his recent form no better than Carrollā€™s and Baker arguably is not a genuine mid and small.

They will be shuffling a great many picks coming and going, they can acquire a pick around 30 or marginally higher.

I think you are underselling ā€œBotā€.

Yep, there are two teams in the West. Unlikely Jack would screw his team mates or the club and leave us skint. I do concede it may reduce the price a little.

I think you are underselling ā€œBotā€.
I'm not underselling him, it's just that we will not get fair value for him.
West Coast will get him for unders, because of the situation of both clubs (PSD position, list spots etc).

I would love to get a 2nd rounder for him, and that would probably be 'fair', but that's just not how the trading market works.

I'm not underselling him, it's just that we will not get fair value for him.
West Coast will get him for unders, because of the situation of both clubs (PSD position, list spots etc).

I would love to get a 2nd rounder for him, and that would probably be 'fair', but that's just not how the trading market works.
Agreed unfortunately

Rumours are he could even be DFA

Surely we look at players at WCE/Dockers as part of a trade for Carroll and/or Martin?

I would very much like to retain Martin if the incoming S & C team think they can get his body much better/fitter/whatever....

He's a match winner - the difference between a prelim and a GF appearance or a flag and a runner's up bucket.

If we can't get Aleer, Guv snr. probably too exxy (joke he got AA), Hugh Davies (Freo) is a young KPD with terrific potential... can ruck a bit too. Still 19.

Jack Petruccelle still only 25.... classy ball user.

I really doubt we cut him.
It may wash out that both clubs have some different picks after other trades to make pick swaps, or we get F3, or West Coast's 4th, which is #59.

If we got #59, with our current 4ths, we could match a bid on Ben at pick 31 without going into deficit (assuming we can move our 2nd ahead of a bid etc).

Agreed unfortunately

I would be extremely shocked and angry if he was DFA'd.

Has shown that he's of the level.

Even if we only take a F3 for him we need to get an asset back.

It'd be extremely poor list management

Surely we look at players at WCE/Dockers as part of a trade for Carroll and/or Martin?

I would very much like to retain Martin if the incoming S & C team think they can get his body much better/fitter/whatever....

He's a match winner - the difference between a prelim and a GF appearance or a flag and a runner's up bucket.

If we can't get Aleer, Guv snr. probably too exxy (joke he got AA), Hugh Davies (Freo) is a young KPD with terrific potential... can ruck a bit too. Still 19.

Jack Petruccelle still only 25.... classy ball user.

Jack Petruccelle is awful. He is not classy. He is not competent. He is quick and that's about it.

Petruccelle is the Eagles equivalent of Lewis Young but replace tall and semi-athletic with quick. Like how some can get excited by Lewis Youngs height and athletic profile, people get excited by Petruccelle's speed. But it doesn't make up for the fact that neither are AFL quality footballers.

I really doubt we cut him.
It may wash out that both clubs have some different picks after other trades to make pick swaps, or we get F3, or West Coast's 4th, which is #59.

If we got #59, with our current 4ths, we could match a bid on Ben at pick 31 without going into deficit (assuming we can move our 2nd ahead of a bid etc).

I would be extremely shocked and angry if he was DFA'd.

Has shown that he's of the level.

Even if we only take a F3 for him we need to get an asset back.

It'd be extremely poor list management
I absolutely agree, I think you either retain him or you trade him for yeah - a 3rd

I believe there is a rumour that if we are not to offer him a contract we'll let him go for nothing to help him get to the club of his preference, which is supposedly WCE (if he was not to be offered a contract at Carlton)

I personally think Jack is a decent enough player to persist with, but not at the cost of the development of any of the other players we've exposed at AFL level this year or at the expense of the Camporeale's

I can't recall where I heard this rumour, but that is definitely what I'd heard

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back