List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Tabs is completely cooked as a AFL player. His back is f$cked and he barely gets out of the square in WAFL matches. Any competent list team should be able to see he's simply not capable of an AFL training regime anymore.
Still I suppose it could happen though. Hamling was clearly done and the Swans took him anyway and ended up having to play key forwards back in front of him.

Because whatever the stance is on the deal, it's already been largely agreed to.

We don't need to play it out in the media.
I guess we will judge both trades on their merits then.
For me there wouldn’t be much difference between the value of Dan Houston, a 2 time AA gun that’s probably the best half back in the AFL, and Bolton a mercurial mid/forward that has one AA award.

So we shouldn’t be paying double for Bolton, what Carlton might pay for Houston. Or anywhere near it

For me there wouldn’t be much difference between the value of Dan Houston, a 2 time AA gun that’s probably the best half back in the AFL, and Bolton a mercurial mid/forward that has one AA award.

So we shouldn’t be paying double for Bolton, what Carlton might pay for Houston. Or anywhere near it
I think the blues will still pay 2x firsts for Houston. They just also want to keep pick 11.

Won't happen without losing someone you wouldn't think.

If Carlton aren't giving up 11, they are trading someone good to get the picks Port want. Also, the media are generally laughing at the idea they get to keep 11. Wouldn't worry until final reault tbh.

Port aren't trading him there for less than two late firsts or a top 10 pick IMO

I have question marks about the role of a couple of players I see as likely best 22, especially:
  • Frederick: if we bolster our forward like with Bolton and Martin, plus with Sturt emerging, can he becomes a wing?
  • O'Driscoll: he could go back to the wing, but he seems to have potential on ball to bring something different.
  • Chapman/Draper: they have flexibility, but if our defence is at full strength I find it difficult to include both there. Can Chapman find a role elsewhere?

That group all have qualities which brings points of difference and also create attacking threats for us. As we weaponise our game I want them to feature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have question marks about the role of a couple of players I see as likely best 22, especially:
  • Frederick: if we bolster our forward like with Bolton and Martin, plus with Sturt emerging, can he becomes a wing?
  • O'Driscoll: he could go back to the wing, but he seems to have potential on ball to bring something different.
  • Chapman/Draper: they have flexibility, but if our defence is at full strength I find it difficult to include both there. Can Chapman find a role elsewhere?

That group all have qualities which brings points of difference and also create attacking threats for us. As we weaponise our game I want them to feature.
Yes

In the spirit of players with a couple of years of contract requesting a trade, excluding those who recently extended, which of these players will be asking to leave?

Jaeger O'Meara
Will Brodie
Michael Frederick
Sam Switkowski
Matthew Johnson

Doubt Jom would have any takers. Will probably would if he could. Michael's brother is here now so probably not. Sam looks like he has backed away but things could change. Johnson wanted to leave Perth so may be a possibility.

Doubt Jom would have any takers. Will probably would if he could. Michael's brother is here now so probably not. Sam looks like he has backed away but things could change. Johnson wanted to leave Perth so may be a possibility.
Johnson wanted to leave Perth. When did this happen, I thought him sliding was partly because eastern states team thought he was a flight risk?

Johnson wanted to leave Perth. When did this happen, I thought him sliding was partly because eastern states team thought he was a flight risk?
He did a poddy in his draft year with a mate? (or someone not too official) and mentioned that he kinda wanted to move away from home. The talk of him sliding because flight risk was made up.

Hamling was clearly done and the Swans took him anyway and ended up having to play key forwards back in front of him.
Was Hamling done? He would have been valuable for us this year as a key back at the cost of games into Draper. Hopefully McDonald gets a full year as depth or Hugh Davies really steps up, without his hat.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back