List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

With academy or F/S, if our recruiters want the player at that pick we bid if not we don’t. Yes it sucks what Carlton did and what goes around comes around at some point but no point bidding in the first round on a player rated second round just to give Carlton the bird. Would be plain dumb.

Henry was bid earlier than expected. Green slightly later than expected. We could have passed. The Carlton Shenanigans cost them in the end. Traded down and got Brodie Kemp but could have gotten more quality out of Sam Flanders or Kossie Pickett.

I read yesterday Carlton are on the chase for a quality small forward. Well you can high five ole mate Silvani for d*#king around that draft.

So, we cleared 2 off the main list (Hughes and Tabs), one Rookie (Sebit) and a Cat B (Williams)

We need to clear at least two more from the main list, so who goes?
I suggest Corbett (who'd have a chance at going to the rookie list if they want to support his comeback from his hip)
and probably a delisting of Brodie if no trade can be found.
And how many more off the rookie list go?
Stanley would be on the chopping block, although I think he has value on the list.

Tough year to cut.
I suspect there will be a surprise trade request as well (hopefully not O'Driscoll).

Corbett - likely gone
Knobel - hopefully extend
Jones ??
O'Driscoll - 50/50
Reidy - 1 year extension
Stanley - In trouble
Emmett

Brodie - sent to rookie list

So, we cleared 2 off the main list (Hughes and Tabs), one Rookie (Sebit) and a Cat B (Williams)

I suggest Corbett (who'd have a chance at going to the rookie list if they want to support his comeback from his hip)
Stanley would be on the chopping block, although I think he has value on the list.

Tough year to cut.
I suspect there will be a surprise trade request as well (hopefully not O'Driscoll).
I think we'd be unlikely to delist a guy with a 2 years on his contract

Wouldn't we be signing up Ultan Kelm? He takes Williams' spot? Or is there some other type of list spot for international project players?

Not sure who this guy is but he has been accurate about some things in advance of media reporting. He seems like a bit of a troll though. He says off field he is letting himself down with teamates

Sam Edmund also said yesterday that some at dogs aren't happy with his preparation leading into some games throughout the season, so there is at least some frustration there.

He just signed an extension this year (2026), and I don't think the dogs would ever trade him. But If there was any slice of truth to this, he would be the exact player Sydney would target to allow a Chad move

If you believe the Dogs board, and why wouldn't you, he's in to extracurricular activities.

Dogs get rid of people that rock the boat

Do they? The only one I can recall that they have tossed was Hunter, and he was washed up. They didn't get rid of Libba cause he can actually play. They'd keep Smith if they could. Dunkley left cause he didn't like their culture. Macrae and Daniel will leave cause they are out of favour at the selection table, not because they are rocking the boat.

Having said that, I wonder what JUH's preparation was like for the first final, because he was worst on ground and it was an atrocious performance from a supposed star player.

JUH to Sydney would be delicious and mean Chad Warner ends up with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's Cerra's mum gunna go with him living in Adelaide? More to the point, how's Adam gunna cope without his mum cutting up his steak and wiping his arse?
On this point she'd have to be flying to Qatar with him as well while he gets his treatment as it can be challenging wiping your arse after a bad hammy...

On this point she'd have to be flying to Qatar with him as well while he gets his treatment as it can be challenging wiping your arse after a bad hammy...
Might be time to let it go.

Tough year to cut.
Corbett surely has to go. Sure, he’s a nice bloke, but even when he played in 2023 he was limited. Plus a hip replacement ? Yeah he has to be pushed out, get a AFLW role in return.

Doesn't say who, but would be happy for him.

Melbourne wouldn't if they get Membrey?
Reunite with Ross at the Saints?

Would be hilarious if the Dons were having a look

If anyone is getting sent to the rookie list, it’s Wagner and McDonald, both already delisted FA for life. These zero incentive to move anyone else, just means they can also move anywhere without a trade option.
Wagner we wouldn't take the risk on IMO. He's either best 22 or sitting in the first bunch of emergencies.

McDonald we don't need nearly as much. Reckon he's behind Draper after this season tbh and Davies with another pre season is probably capable of playing more games.

I think the club re-rookies the last player to get a contract if it's anyone tbh. I reckon it looks like Emmett at this stage. I don't agree with that strategy but I think it's what happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back