List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles think they're playing 4D chess. They're now banking on Baker and Graham coming to Eagles as an endorsement, but the reality is their supporters don't want those players and it's going to have an adverse reaction when they give up an early pick. Freo placed their marker at 10.

As I typed, it's reported Baker has now selected Eagles... as we all knew he would do regardless of appointment.

I will say the whole Cox saga in the West Coast coaching search reminded me of Homer trying to recruit Lenny for his Super Bowl bus:

West Coast: Alright Coxy, would you like to coach West Coast? What do ya say??

Cox: nahhhhhhh

WC: come onnnnnnn

Cox: nahhhhhhhh

WC: come onnnnnnnnnnnn

Cox: nahhhhhhh

WC: oh come onnnnnnnnnn

Rough timeline of events this year:

Chad stuff (for next year)
Pickett stuff
Chad apparently asks and is told no for this year, Pickett goes quiet
Chad starts getting linked to West Coast
Pickett stuff not dead again

Democratic Party Omg GIF by The Democrats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some might call be crazy but if I had to pick between Pickett and Warner I'm going with Pickett. I don't think both and Bolton is achievable without completing ****ing up the rest of our list

Warner at his best everyone wants. He has the tendanciy to go missing sometimes a be shaky but foot. After we get bolton there should be a huge emphasis on going form players that can be better than the 16th-26th best player on the list. Clearing Taberber and Hughes out is a big first step.

I think not making a call on Emmett yet makes me think Kozzie is in play

Does he realise they’re gonna give a top 20 pick for him? lol
Yes but he rates him. We all see the game differently i guess.

Pick 13 is a bit high for him but he will help the Eagles immensely.

We just need Bolton to nominate us now..

Some might call be crazy but if I had to pick between Pickett and Warner I'm going with Pickett. I don't think both and Bolton is achievable without completing ****ing up the rest of our list tbh.

It's not crazy. What we lacked most is exactly what Pickett/Bolton can provide up forward. Our midfield was still top shelf without Warner.

And you could get Pickett for say 900k. Warner would be well north of 1 million. Even approaching 1.4-1.5 million. That difference could be the difference in keeping a best 22 player (or even two if it is spread out).

The only caveat is I think we do need some more size/power in the midfield to replace Fyfe and help Young. But we have Johnson, O'Driscoll, Erasmus to continue developing. Even Chapman. Maybe even Jackson. And long term there is Robinson, plus I would be targeting Rivers for FA end of 2027.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back