List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are doing bigfooty trade radio then people have to act as a player half cut like Robbo and wheeled into the studio to give "expert opinions" on subjects they don't know.
Oh, so just find anyone who likes to post on oppo club trade thread?

The art of listening to Trade Radio is letting 60% of it wash over you without it soaking more than skin deep in. There's another 10% that gives you insights into clubland. Another 15-20% that's vicarious thrills or schadenfreude which temporarily exists before being vaporised by facts. Then there's the 10-15% of actual news that's actually happened.

OK I'll bite, why is it good for us for us to miss Warner and see him go to the filth instead?
If you assume the following:
  • Bolton and Kozzie is a real possibility
  • We can get at most 2 of Bolton, Warner and Kozzie without sacrificing significantly at or near the top end of the team
  • Our midfield is more than good enough offensively, and if anything could use a defensive stabiliser and a bit more grunt
  • The fact we've already invested heavy draft capital into midfielders who've shown a fair bit (goes without saying that it's nowhere close to Warner levels) and would be on the outer if Warner comes is at least a worthy factor
Then I think you'd go "Bolton and Kozzie come on down, Warner pls just stay at Sydney, but if you're gonna go West Coast it is what it is". They address weaknesses of ours more than Chad does. What Chad does is amazing and I'll never suggest otherwise, but we got 3 midfielders who made the All-Australian squad. Serong has started adding goalscoring, Brayshaw in many teams would be the centrepiece, and Young seems a pre-season away from doing what he showed in the 2nd half of the year on a 4 quarter basis.

For the record, I actually think Chad is better in the contest and at grunt work than he's given credit for, but too often he goes to that more outside, handball receive happy role. Could be coaching, player, combination of the two. But I think you can fit Chad in, he's well worth any initial headaches, and there are players I'd definitely be willing for us to sacrifice to get Chad in. But a potential Bolton and Kozzie combo (if it's not wishful thinking) is quite something.

• We can get at most 2 of Bolton, Warner and Kozzie without sacrificing significantly at or near the top end of the team
  • Our midfield is more than good enough offensively, and if anything could use a defensive stabiliser and a bit more grunt
  • The fact we've already invested heavy draft capital into midfielders who've shown a fair bit (goes without saying that it's nowhere close to Warner levels) and would be on the outer if Warner comes is at least a worthy factor
Then I think you'd go "Bolton and Kozzie come on down, Warner pls just stay at Sydney, but if you're gonna go West Coast it is what it is". They address weaknesses of ours more than Chad does. What Chad does is amazing and I'll never suggest otherwise, but we got 3 midfielders who made the All-Australian squad. Serong has started adding goalscoring, Brayshaw in many teams would be the centrepiece, and Young seems a pre-season away from doing what he showed in the 2nd half of the year on a 4 quarter basis.

For the record, I actually think Chad is better in the contest and at grunt work than he's given credit for, but too often he goes to that more outside, handball receive happy role. Could be coaching, player, combination of the two. But I think you can fit Chad in, he's well worth any initial headaches, and there are players I'd definitely be willing for us to sacrifice to get Chad in. But a potential Bolton and Kozzie combo (if it's not wishful thinking) is quite something.
Go hard for Shai and Kozzie. Throw NOD in the guts in 25. Won't need Chad after that one comes off :)

Good post and fair enough but thems a lot of assumptions. Personally I doubt we even get past the first one. But the Kossie fantasists won't lie down

The art of listening to Trade Radio is letting 60% of it wash over you without it soaking more than skin deep in. There's another 10% that gives you insights into clubland. Another 15-20% that's vicarious thrills or schadenfreude which temporarily exists before being vaporised by facts. Then there's the 10-15% of actual news that's actually happened.
Reckon it’s 85% filler, repeated information and ads. 10% stating the same top 10 best, worst , weird, cheapest trades we hear every year. 3% actual trade news 2 % fact.
But I’ll still listen to those podcasts . Genius producers.

I feel like pick 10 and Switta for Pickett is a deal that would work for both clubs.

Ideally I wouldn't want to lose Switta and would rather trade picks, but he's turning 28, is injury prone, relies on speed and agility and wants to go back to Vic. It would also open up more cap space for the move.

Adding Bolton and Pickett to our forward line is a wild thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon it’s 85% filler, repeated information and ads. 10% stating the same top 10 best, worst , weird, cheapest trades we hear every year. 3% actual trade news 2 % fact.
But I’ll still listen to those podcasts . Genius producers.

Might tune into the last hour or two assuming it’s late enough in the day that I’ve finished work. Other than that trade radio is a complete waste of time.

Follow the right social media and read the daily trade news on the afl website and you’ll find out all that’s actually worth knowing.

There simply isn’t enough news for non stop trade talk before trade period actually heats up.

For me Warner > Bolton > Kozzie prioritise in that order.

I’m confused as to the Bolton priority this year. Why not just go hard at Warner whos out of contract next year and Sydney open to gain most value this year. Why not leave Bolton who is contacted for 4 more years for 2025. All the news is leave Warner for 2025 ? Why?

I'm a NOD fan and am glad he signed but Warner is being criminally underrated here. He kicked ~30 goals as a midfielder this year. Serong, Brayshaw and Young combined for 29.

He'd add another dimension to a midfield which has chronically struggled to convert clearance dominance into scoreboard impact.

For me Warner > Bolton > Kozzie prioritise in that order.

I’m confused as to the Bolton priority this year. Why not just go hard at Warner whos out of contract next year and Sydney open to gain most value this year. Why not leave Bolton who is contacted for 4 more years for 2025. All the news is leave Warner for 2025 ? Why?
Because when a player you’ve been chasing for years suddenly turns around and says, hey I wanna play for your club, and you have four firsts to use, you do it

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back