List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given Pickett's tendency to go completely missing in games (like COMPLETELY missing) and the fact he loves to drive his shoulder in blokes heads for fun I would avoid at all costs and stick to Bolton. Can see him getting suspended on the eve of a finals campaign for us (with no VIC concessions at the tribunal for us)

On Bolton, just remember how damn good he plays over here when he gets the opportunity to play in front of his family. Hopefully if he comes that won't wear thin, because the games I've watched when he plays here and absolute top draw

Compare the pair

One is Shai Bolton, playing in the bottom side, one is a player go_the_dockers would have in the top 20 players, playing in a top 4 team

Given Pickett's tendency to go completely missing in games (like COMPLETELY missing) and the fact he loves to drive his shoulder in blokes heads for fun I would avoid at all costs and stick to Bolton. Can see him getting suspended on the eve of a finals campaign for us (with no VIC concessions at the tribunal for us)

On Bolton, just remember how damn good he plays over here when he gets the opportunity to play in front of his family. Hopefully if he comes that won't wear thin, because the games I've watched when he plays here and absolute top draw

I am 100% the opposite. Would prefer Pickett over Bolton, and it is not a tough decision.

I think this is why I think all the trades are massively overs, when other people think they are fair.

Firstly, Bolton has better stats this year than both your small forwards. So not sure what your problem is.

My example is of Shai on the left, and Toby Green.

Shai kicking slightly less goals at a similar accuracy and also playing some midfield minutes.

Firstly, Bolton has better stats this year than both your small forwards. So not sure what your problem is.

Shai kicking slightly less goals at a similar accuracy and also playing some midfield minutes.

It's baffling. Bolton is playing in the worst team and has stats up there with the best small forwards in the entire AFL. Even if he comes to Fremantle and has the same season stats wise he would be the biggest upgrade we could possible get on our current lot of small "forwards". Switta plays the same forward with a bit of mid time and does it at best half as well as Bolton does.

Supporters love to love their own. Nothing new there.
Not only is Bolton going to be a great addition he’ll put bums on seats and give supporters great highlights to talk about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just my opinion. I just don't rate him as highly as other people. It is probably the easy misses than burn into the back of mind, plus the cheap goals he gets. Vs us he got 2 of the 4 goals by getting out the back, and having a team mate do the hard work for him.

I also have not seen Bolton really hurt sides when he has the ball in hand. I just don't think his skills are that good.

Add to the fact you only expect 30 goals from him a year, and he is just not worth the capital we would need to give up to get him.

Also, he relies on his pace massively. I see him dropping off once he hits 30 pretty quickly.

Once again, this is just my opinion on the games I have seen. I have not seen Richmond play that much.

1. Green 1.86 goals
4. Bolton 1.57 goals
3. Pickett 1.7 goals
2. Stengle 1.82 goals

1. Green has 1.2 GA's
3. Bolton .6 GA's
2. Pickett .7 GA's
3. Stengle .6 GA's

4. Green 2.2 tackles
2. Bolton 2.5 tackles
1. Pickett 3.6 tackles
3. Stengle 2.4 tackles

2. Green 15.75 possessions
1. Bolton 16.95 possessions
4. Pickett Possessions 12.55
3. Stengle 13.45 possessions.

I am going to start workshopping some Newscorp trade week Freo related headlines

"Richmond prepared to HOLD Bolton to contract after 'INSULTING' Fremantle offer"

"Fremantle LEGEND urges Richmond to DEMAND Freo STAR in any trade for Bolton" (the legend is Sumich)

"Tigers tell Freo it's FIVE first rounders or NO DEAL!!!"

"AFL great says 'NO ONE WANTS TO DEAL WITH THEM' after Freo begin negotiations"

Viney is signing an extension at Melbourne.
Gawn also just extended

This is just my opinion. I just don't rate him as highly as other people. It is probably the easy misses than burn into the back of mind, plus the cheap goals he gets. Vs us he got 2 of the 4 goals by getting out the back, and having a team mate do the hard work for him.

I also have not seen Bolton really hurt sides when he has the ball in hand. I just don't think his skills are that good.

Add to the fact you only expect 30 goals from him a year, and he is just not worth the capital we would need to give up to get him.

Also, he relies on his pace massively. I see him dropping off once he hits 30 pretty quickly.

Once again, this is just my opinion on the games I have seen. I have not seen Richmond play that much.

1. Green 1.86 goals
4. Bolton 1.57 goals
3. Pickett 1.7 goals
2. Stengle 1.82 goals

1. Green has 1.2 GA's
3. Bolton .6 GA's
2. Pickett .7 GA's
3. Stengle .6 GA's

4. Green 2.2 tackles
2. Bolton 2.5 tackles
1. Pickett 3.6 tackles
3. Stengle 2.4 tackles

Don't forget that the threat he imposes on a defense. With our tall forwards + Sturt, they have to account for Bolton, which means less double teams all round.
At the moment our small forwards are not posing any threat.

1. Green 1.86 goals
4. Bolton 1.57 goals
3. Pickett 1.7 goals
2. Stengle 1.82 goals

1. Green has 1.2 GA's
3. Bolton .6 GA's
2. Pickett .7 GA's
3. Stengle .6 GA's

4. Green 2.2 tackles
2. Bolton 2.5 tackles
1. Pickett 3.6 tackles
3. Stengle 2.4 tackles

You do understand he gets out the back by working his backside off yeah?

It would be like discrediting Frederick for only kicking goals when he’s wide open and players pass him the ball. Well he gets wide open by burning his opponents.

I’ll accept there may be some ‘cheating’ goal side with Bolton, but that’s not unlike many opportunistic smalls.

Plus it’s what we need to score more. Some genuine offensive threats.

It wouldn’t be like we’re bringing him into a side full of front runners.

Personally, he’s the best fit for this Freo side. He’d be a horrible fit for others.

A couple of months ago I had him over Warner for what we actually need. Then Bolton went quiet and Warner went on a tear to make me eat my words but I still maintain he’s the cream we need.

I am going to start workshopping some Newscorp trade week Freo related headlines

"Richmond prepared to HOLD Bolton to contract after 'INSULTING' Fremantle offer"

"Fremantle LEGEND urges Richmond to DEMAND Freo STAR in any trade for Bolton" (the legend is Sumich)

"Tigers tell Freo it's FIVE first rounders or NO DEAL!!!"

"AFL great says 'NO ONE WANTS TO DEAL WITH THEM' after Freo begin negotiations"

The AFL great in the last headline is also Sumich

Ha Ha Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

When we get Bolton for pick 10 and a second rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back