List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeping NOD means we can afford to lose Erasmus. No point Ras waiting it out at Peel for Fyfe's retirement if we have Nod, Serong, Young, Johnson, Brayshaw all vying for mid field. He might crack a half dozen games a year here.
He has to, like I said, because Brodie is out and JOM isn’t going to be B22. Erasmus is still important to have.

1. Bailey Banfield
2. Bailey Banfield
3. Bailey Banfield

Excuse Me What GIF by Red Table Talk

It's insane is what it is.
There is no way he is worth $850k - $900k. That is a ridiculous amount of money for a defender - more of a third tall defender in the mould of our own Heath Chapman.

Also his loss to St Kilda is significant.

Yes it sucks that our picks 9 and 10 get pushed back but unlikely it makes much difference to us and our trades.

Remember that year when we chased a big name WA recruit from Victoria, traded away first rnd drafts, lost our best wingman and ultimately finished lower on the ladder the next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember that year when we chased a big name WA recruit from Victoria, traded away first rnd drafts, lost our best wingman and ultimately finished lower on the ladder the next year?
  1. You're trying to make things fit that don't. We didn't just lose Acres: we lost Logue, Lobb, and Mundy from the best 22 plus some squad players that played a fair amount, notably Tucker and Meek.
  2. The idea that NOD is lost because The West said that Port are interested in him is taking things a bit far.
  3. NOD has started 1 game this year. Hard to say that he is our best wingman. Certainly isn't on production.

1. Matt Taberner
2. Ryan Murphy
3. Shane Kersten

(I'll be dead and cold in the ground before I recognise Jack Anthony)

1. Matt Taberner
2. Ryan Murphy
3. Shane Kersten

(I'll be dead and cold in the ground before I recognise Jack Anthony)
Ryan Murphy in 06 🤤

If we had that era’s fwd line in our current team we’d be top 2 this year.

Hopefully that all changes in the off-season and we get a weapon or two for the fwd line.

Emmett & Reidy should be kept. I'd keep Kuek too unless we want to draft another KPF late but they will take years to build up their body. Why turnover 9 players when we are only getting in 3-4 current AFL players and probably only 2 best 22?
I wonder where Odin Jones is figuring in the kpf ranks. He may be a key to some decisions such as Kuek.

Interesting question popped up. Can’t find the original source, but created solid discussions amongst friends.

If every player was to enter the draft who would go 1?

Let’s extend it and say top 3. Have to also assume we don’t have ‘needs’. In other words if starting a team from scratch and you can pick anyone currently listed.

What about rating the top 3 ads during trade radio.

1. Frank Caruso's pooh ease pills
2. Tobin Brothers funerals
3. SEN for it's non stop self promotion.

Last edited:
I really think we should be keeping Emmett tbh. He's decent depth already and young enough to get much better.

Plus its a bit sh** to delist a second year player who's still young and played a lot of games this year.

Having said all that all depends on how many list spots and decent draft selections we have available once trade week is over.
I agree. What he's shown up to his 2nd(!) year in AFL suggests a player to hold on to. He's not unpolished to the extent of a Brody Grey and should get better.

Shultz was rated 1st round trade material and imo, I think Emmett is heading towards reaching Schultz's level and better.

That's not my buddy-self talking btw

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back