List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we should trade Brodie, he's not going to get into the team at this point, the club obviously rate others higher, get rid of him while he still has currency.
When he has currency. Have you got a delorian because that was in 2022 and it's not coming back any other way.

No one will take him don’t think. Think would trade if he got an offer
Exactly. We'd be paying another team to take him at this stage and even then we'd struggle.

I'd rather the salary cap space than Brodie but if we're paying his wage he might as well be on our list.

If Carlton need a pick around 10 for Houston. I would swap 10 and our future second for 14 and their future first. Would they?

Then our future first and 14 for Pickett and Melbournes future 2nd

Sounds like the start of a joke. Was there an Irishman, an Englishman and a Nun with him?
Or a baker, a Pickett and a sppepper?

Shai just walked into a bar.........................next time he will duck

catapult the simpsons GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that we may have been into Bolton since the bye, and could have been committed to a deal- but things change.

The reported 1.2m salary (believe what you like) could very well be real. I’d say it’s 800k per year type deal. If it is, it’s a back loaded deal, waiting to get Dusty off the books, which means Richmond have had his services for the past couple of years at a discounted rate. We shouldn’t be held liable to cover this.

I want Bolton and think he’d be great in our forward half, but the draft picks I’m hearing (in the media) are massive overs. I wonder how desperate Richmond are to move a disgruntled player, with a young family, who wants to return home.
This is a very solid 10-30 draft, with players than can fill a lot of holes/ list needs, and Tassie draft is coming soon.

I’d offer pick 9 (talks are that Bailey Smith will move for a teens pick) and negotiate a new contract with Bolton - find out how much the lure of returning home is worth to him v $.
No adding years to his current deal to smooth it out, just a new deal.

If any talk around Kozzi is real, same deal. Pick 10. That’s it.

They are both elite players, but their clubs aren’t in a position to give up a top 10 pick in a great draft, for a player who doesn’t want to be there.

If Warner becomes live, then that changes everything. I think he’d happily stay at Sydney for a year, so we’d need to put up. Likely two 1sts.

Pop a f***ing collar.

A second rounder as a sweetener if needed, but no more. No 2 x 1sts deals.

Last edited:
Personally think that GF was a fluke. If you ignore the hyperbole and commentators jizzing themselves, Hill actually doesn't do much more than Freddy. Remarkably similar stats actually over the last 3 years. And people complain Freddy doesn't do enough.

2022-2024 stats below

Bobby Hill ... 10.3 disposals, 3.2 marks, 1.24 goals, 2.2 tackles, 0.69 goal assists, 4.5 score involvements, 184 metres gained

Freddy ... 10.8 disposals, 3.6 marks, 1.26 goals, 1.85 tackles, 0.59 goal assists, 4.5 score involvements, 212 metres gained

Very interesting stats.

Bobby Hill had a very good finals campaign in 2023 including an outstanding GF.

His stats in the finals would have been his best ever (I imagine just relying on my memory)

I would prioritise Pickett over Bolton if they're both available.

Pickett is more of a true small forward and would cause a ruckus in our forward line alongside Treacy. He's two years younger, his contract will be a lot less, and I'm concerned with Bolton's inconsistency. Bolton's form drop off this year has been huge (I don't buy into the theory, he only plays well in a winning team).

I'd hate for us to pay two first rounders in a strong draft and a massive chunk of salary for someone like Bolton who gets 10 possessions in a lot of matches. Pickett hits the scoreboard and has a massive presence in the forward line with his pressure and hardness.

Pickett would cost a lot less salary than Warner. I don't know how we could fit in the 1.2-1.5 million (perhaps more) that the Chad could command. Pickett would be more like 800k.
Plus on top of that Kozzie is just a much better fit for our list imo

Warner is bloody nice and one hell of a player but hes not exactly a position of need for our list. We are stacked with mids, and Chad is an offensively minded mid who plays downhill

When we were at our best early last season we had Young playing as a defensive mid who would sweep around the back of the contest or push forward once we won the ball.

As Young developed into statistically the most damaging mid in the comp as the season went on of course his role evolved to playing a more attacking role (as it should when you have a weapon like that). Which at times later in the year left us wanting defensively in the middle as we had noone to adequately fill that role (see - Essendon game, Geelong game, Port game etc).

Chad is a great player but doesn't fill that need for us. He just skews us even more offensively oriented out of the middle. And hopefully Erasmus or even Driz can play that role for us instead

Kozzie would be a legit game changer for us. Put him and Bolton at the feet of Treacy, Amiss and Jackson and thats just plain nasty. Costs less in trade capital, and less salary too.

Cost/benefit leans his way as far as im concerned and its not particularly close

Id love both, dont get me wrong. But if its either/or im going Pickett easy

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back