List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah and his arm broke in a different place, should make bets on where? I pick right next to the metal plate either side.
So he shouldn’t have played 4 weeks later then.
Give it 6-7 weeks, remove plate and maybe plays the last two?
Or just put him in cotton wool for next year.
Either way the decision to play him in July was wrong.

So he shouldn’t have played 4 weeks later then.
Give it 6-7 weeks, remove plate and maybe plays the last two?
Or just put him in cotton wool for next year.
Either way the decision to play him in July was wrong.
Yeah sure mate. Give him 7 weeks off. Then get the plate removed. Then wait another two weeks for the wound to heal. By the time that's done the h&a season is over. He hasn't played any games. He's had the plate removed prematurely. His arm isn't fully healed. You've just ****ed around with him for no benefit. But I'm sure you know a lot better than his surgeon.

Just accept that there were two options-
a) play him after four weeks where there is a risk of a new break around the plate
b) wait the full time for the bone to heal on its own and miss the rest of the h&a season

Both options would have had him returning at the exact same time.

My honest reaction after today with a significant number of brewskies down is players shmayers. Comp is as even as it ever has been. Get into finals each year, turn up as often as possible and you'll jag one.

You don't need the best this, the best that. Just get a whole club on the same page working together and anything can happen. There are only 18 teams, even less actual contenders.

Brisbane aren't 60 points better Sydney, like Pies and Geelong the last two years I don't think there they have superstars all over the park. They have a good club, good environment and make finals consistently.

Last edited:

IDC who is available, if Dogs don’t pick Ollie Hannaford at pick 15 I’m going to be very disappointed.

This from main draft board. Some amateur draft ranking people started putting Hannaford in teens

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

My honest reaction after tosay with a significant number of brewskies down is players shmayers. Comp is as even as it ever has been. Get into finals each year, turn up as often as possible and you'll jag one.

You don't need the best this, the best that. Just get a whole club on the same page working together and anything can happen. There are only 18 teams, even less actual contenders.

Brisbane aren't 60 points better Sydney, like Pies and Geelong the last two years I don't think there they have superstars all over the park. They have a good club, good environment and make finals consistently.

Fully agree with you, there are no standout teams anymore, this is why our 1 finals campaign in 9 years is just a disgrace, if you are in the running you are as good a chance as any, but you can’t ever win one if you aren’t in the running for one, and we are never in the running.

This year was the most even season in however ****ing long and we still couldn’t even make finals, and our fans are ok with it, it’s just so disheartening.

Maybe I’m just drunk and bitter and salty but it hurts to see how far Brisbane have come whilst we are still just a nothing club.

Fully agree with you, there are no standout teams anymore, this is why our 1 finals campaign in 9 years is just a disgrace, if you are in the running you are as good a chance as any, but you can’t ever win one if you aren’t in the running for one, and we are never in the running.

This year was the most even year in however ****ing long and we still couldn’t even make finals, and our fans are ok with it, it’s just so disheartening.

Maybe I’m just drunk and bitter and salty but it hurts to see how far Brisbane have come whilst we are still just a nothing club.
The thing that pisses me off is I genuinley think we were playing our best footy that we have in years, including 2022. When we were up and running we were so good to watch. We didn't have any dip in form like we had in previous years we made finals. And this is also probably the only year where there hasn't been a single team that we didn't either beat or get within 2 goals of.

Perfect opportunity for us and just completely wasted because nobody in the organisation could figure out how to close a game.

My honest reaction after tosay with a significant number of brewskies down is players shmayers. Comp is as even as it ever has been. Get into finals each year, turn up as often as possible and you'll jag one.

Drink a little more…

This year was the most even season in however ****ing long and we still couldn’t even make finals, and our fans are ok with it, it’s just so disheartening.

I think you are just drunk and salty. Brisbane has a list that is in a far different position and age demo than ours.

I’m not ok with us missing the finals. I don’t think the club is either. If we aren’t in the top five next season I would move longmuir on.

You had me until the last paragraph but mostly agree.

The thing that pisses me off is I genuinley think we were playing our best footy that we have in years, including 2022. When we were up and running we were so good to watch. We didn't have any dip in form like we had in previous years we made finals. And this is also probably the only year where there hasn't been a single team that we didn't either beat or get within 2 goals of.

Perfect opportunity for us and just completely wasted because nobody in the organisation could figure out how to close a game.
This and not playing a ruck when Darcy was injured early. Poor selection decisions.

I will add to the finishing games portion. How we can line up at the centre bounce with no one defensive side four goals in a row… criminal.

I think this will benefit us next season. The competition is even and will be much the same again next year. Can’t wait to see what we do with our additions and growth in the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also beat both of these teams. We do have to push more shit up hill than all other clubs to win one though so when we do…

I think you are just drunk and salty. Brisbane has a list that is in a far different position and age demo than ours.

I’m not ok with us missing the finals. I don’t think the club is either. If we aren’t in the top five next season I would move longmuir on.
Watching the podcast with JL… he’s not it.

My honest reaction after a with a significant number of brewskies down is players shmayers. Comp is as even as it ever has been. Get into finals each year, turn up as often as possible and you'll jag one.

Strategy and coaching are so important to success. If you have a talented list but an average coach you won't get far and vice versa. On talent alone it is very likely we will be making finals next year. Unfortunately, losing Boyd is going to hurt us more than people realise. Does JLo have what it takes to bring us to our first PF in years? I don't think he's got what it takes unfortunately but I will gladly eat my words.

I get pissed when supporters say ‘we’re young’ like it’s an excuse. I do get it, but at the same time we have proven we can beat anyone.

Well the norm smith was just won by some kid coming off an ACL.

We absolutely were in it up to our eyeballs but instead finished 10th!

Next year stuff making finals. We need to be top 2. We’re capable.

I get pissed when supporters say ‘we’re young’ like it’s an excuse. I do get it, but at the same time we have proven we can beat anyone.

Well the norm smith was just won by some kid coming off an ACL.

We absolutely were in it up to our eyeballs but instead finished 10th!

Next year stuff making finals. We need to be top 2. We’re capable.
Still though, young players are not the same as a young team. A lot easier for Ashcroft to do what he does surrounded by all those big bodies in the midfield.

Whether supporters like it or not, we're a young team. It's not an excuse, because we've shown that that young team can perform. But pretending like it has no affect on us at all is just as bad as pretending that every poor season is ok because we're still young.

Completely down the track, but there’s a kid for the 2026 draft that is projecting to be anything: Lucas Robinson (Freo NGA)

Long way off, but something to be excited about.
Two years out is still too far to get excited. There’s been too many that have projected good early on and done nothing.

Hope this guy succeeds though, cos he was originally in WC academy and we stole him from them.

My honest reaction after today with a significant number of brewskies down is players shmayers. Comp is as even as it ever has been. Get into finals each year, turn up as often as possible and you'll jag one.

Good points you make.

I think generally on Bigfooty we talk about how if we could only replace player A and B with player C and D it would make all the difference in winning that elusive flag.

When in reality it is as much about coaching, teamwork, work ethic, club culture and all those intangibles which are just as important but are resistant to quick fixes at the draft/trade/selection table.

I’ve had a few brewskies also and may be bias, but I think if we added Bolton & Pickett we would be the best team on paper comfortably.
assuming our younger players continue to develop
We'd be in the mix, but I think the lack of experience of a number of guys means we probably wouldn't play like it consistently.

In 2-3 years though...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back