List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

#3 + #13 for Bolton , Baker , #29 , #57
they will have #23 & #29 to draft 2 kids in a deep draft and Dev Robertson with #57

In: Baker , Bolton , Graham , Robertson + 3 kids
I would love to see you post this suggestion on the Eagles board, i think it’d go swimmingly

Cmon man p6 for a 27 year old hbf rioli is fukn madness ,whether in contract and no matter how much they dont need more kids rhetoric it doesnt matter.
the deal makes zero sense, even more so when they also have 12 and 20
- its actually worse than the p2 for weller
They get something back won't just be 6. suns need older players not kids

remember this club traded brodie with 21 & Bowes with 7 this isn't a bad deal

No way its worse then Weller - Rioli will win the BnF at Richmond this year

#3 + #13 for Bolton , Baker , #29 , #57
they will have #23 & #29 to draft 2 kids in a deep draft and Dev Robertson with #57

In: Baker , Bolton , Graham , Robertson + 3 kids
Why are you here trying to treat us like dickheads when you could be at the Wiggles board getting heaps of laughs?

Tom Barrass for Liam Baker, who says yes?

I suppose Barrass is three years older than Baker. Gotta stick fat with the youth in a rebuild.

Need to disregard the Rioli trade for starters. Thats just Gold Coast crazy shit.

Let’s see what the baker trade turns out to be.

I still think 9 and 16 is pretty pricey in a strong draft. Historically it’s comparable to some of the largest trade prices ever paid for players in their mid 20s.

We will be getting Richmond to pay a large chunk of salary. You can't compare it with most of the previous trades you are thinking about. And whatever we do the trade for, it will be essentially the same trade as far as Bolton's worth as a player alone, just with differing salary components. I would happily do 9+10 if it meant a huge salary chunk.

#13 for Baker and #21

Who says no?
The point values are still whacky, but 13 for 36, maybe with another shuffle.
13 as the centrepiece for Baker still makes no sense, especially for West Coast's position.

In isolation I think he's a great pick up for them as he'll be a leader, but that price is terrible.
We'll just have to wait and see what reality is.

I continue to be completely bemused that everything suggests we can "get away with" 9 and 16 while Baker is consistently talked about as pick 10-15 and Rioli is clearly pick 6. We honestly seem to be comfortably getting the most reasonable price on the best and most contracted player at Richmond.

Strange times
Bolton was promised his future exit would be clean and easy when he signed if it was a team friendly deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be getting Richmond to pay a large chunk of salary. You can't compare it with most of the previous trades you are thinking about. And whatever we do the trade for, it will be essentially the same trade as far as Bolton's worth as a player alone, just with differing salary components. I would happily do 9+10 if it meant a huge salary chunk.
Salary cap has value for sure.

With the saved money you can get 'free agents".

So, if you turn picks 9,10 into Bolton and a free agent it's a pretty good deal.

After all of this Tiger draft haul crap, I'd be tempted to tell Shai sorry mate we'll give pick 9 for you and that's it.
Go the Eagles if ya want. Fk the Tigers and their rebuild and fk the eagles, the can have him, we are not helping 2 very powerful but now irrelevant clubs to get better.
Its starting to grate on me.
Too generous. Why offer nine. I would be saying. Sorry. We want to keep our first pick in the draft. Here is pick 10

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back