List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnson and Jackson are key. Johnson needs to double his average clearance numbers and Jackson needs to start taking his marks. People are underestimating having a player life Fyfe to take the hits while also clearance dominant.
Fyfe isn't clearance dominant though. Yes we need a bigger body in there o compliment our midfield if Fyfe isnt there. Which is why Johnson/NOD/Erasmus are such keys to our 2025 chances. I also think Luke Jackson will spend more time as a midfielder in 2025.

There is no way we are throwing in a F2 with the deal if anything it would be the other way around, that we want a bit more back so we haggle a F2 for a F3. Otherwise it will just be 9 and 16.
I think the deal will depend on how much salary Richmond absorb. I wouldn't mind a deal of 9, 16 and 27 with a later pick coming back if Richmond pays a significant part of Boltons salary.

I would take him. He is old but gotta be better than fyfe

If Fyfe and JOM retired right now, then I would take Kelly 100%.
The problem is they won’t and our selection committee isn’t brave enough and we’ll be playing Fyfe, JOM, Walters and Kelly.
So, for that reason I’d hate to pick him up.

I say let him rot at West Coast.

Fyfe isn't clearance dominant though. Yes we need a bigger body in there o compliment our midfield if Fyfe isnt there. Which is why Johnson/NOD/Erasmus are such keys to our 2025 chances. I also think Luke Jackson will spend more time as a midfielder in 2025.
Something that kind of stood out in the GF were the footskills. Warner probably butchered it the most, and he is comfortably better by foot than all three players you mentioned.

In modern football, when you need to be able to adjust offence on-field to what the opposition is giving you defensively, and also counter attack at speed - footskills, decision making and skill execution have never been more important.

I question how many Johnson/NOD/Erasmus/Sharp/Emmett/Banfield types one team can successfully carry in modern day football. I think footskills (ideally combined with leg speed) should be the number one directive for any incoming talent. I'd say of the players mentioned above, Johnson is the closest to being at an acceptable level. But he's far from elite in this area, and his in-game spatial awareness is a work in progress to say the least.

You can carry a few players at a pass/just acceptable level in regards to footskills, but without enough of it in your best 18, you're left with a graft/desperation/stamina/hustle team, without the necessary technique/silk to both control a game, and cut an opposition to shreds on the fast break/counter attack.

I'd suggest Young, Walters and Ryan (when he lowers his eyes) are our only elite kicks, and with Walters all but over and Mundy out the door, it's a cause for concern.

Last edited:
If Fyfe and JOM retired right now, then I would take Kelly 100%.
The problem is they won’t and our selection committee isn’t brave enough and we’ll be playing Fyfe, JOM, Walters and Kelly.
So, for that reason I’d hate to pick him up.

I say let him rot at West Coast.

Why would you even with those two retiring?

We have Erasmus, Johnson and O’Driscoll who need midfield minutes and also Bolton who can move through there too.
**** Kelly

Trade period doesn't start for another week so listening to the radio is a waste of time. Is there any chatter on when the Bolton trade will be done?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade period doesn't start for another week so listening to the radio is a waste of time. Is there any chatter on when the Bolton trade will be done?
I think it gets done in the first week. Multiple journos reporting 9+16 already.

Contrast with Houston, for example, which clearly seems like its going to the wire, especially if it is Carlton. Because they are being stingy campaigners.

I think it gets done in the first week. Multiple journos reporting 9+16 already.

Contrast against Houston, for example, which clearly seems like its going to the wire, especially if it is Carlton.
Hopefully we can get something in the 30s or around pick 40 back, if we give up 9 and 16.

That later pick would have quite limited value to Richmond this year given all the guys they will bring in via the draft but would be quite useful to us

Hopefully we can get something in the 30s or around pick 40 back, if we give up 9 and 16.

That later pick would have quite limited value to Richmond this year given all the guys they will bring in via the draft but would be quite useful to us
Maybe 40s if we're lucky. I don't expect anything of note back if it is 9+16.

Richmond have our former second round pick, pick #29

That's not a terrible pick but it's not exactly a good one considering where it will end up.

Two firsts for the contracted player and a later second back is the standard price in trade.

So I won't be surprised to see it end up #9 and #16 for Bolton and #29

By the time trade period starts that could be #10 and #17 for Bolton and #32

Richmond have our former second round pick, pick #29

That's not a terrible pick but it's not exactly a good one considering where it will end up.

Two firsts for the contracted player and a later second back is the standard price in trade.

So I won't be surprised to see it end up #9 and #16 for Bolton and #29

By the time trade period starts that could be #10 and #17 for Bolton and #32

They could easily give up 29.

They’ll be bundling all those picks up for Brisbane anyway. They’ll still easily have enough points, especially if they don’t bid on Ashcroft at 1.

About 17 minutes before trade period closes
This is worse case scenario if we are targeting Pickett or another player so we better hope Walls gets it don't on day one. Especially considering Melbourne will be campaigners to deal with and Pickett will want to see Bolton done before considering a move.

Honestly not sure why people are concerned with getting something back for a 9,16 deal in terms of picks.

I’m with Alfonz on this I dont think enough here are appreciative of how important salary space moving fwd for this club will be

Yeah I get it,deep draft and all and we all love shiny new toys etc but seriously we should 100% be pushing for salary involved as the “extra” instead of some busted arse pick in the 40s-

it serves us zero gain for the next 3 years (and maybe never)but an extra 200k paid by Richmond is an absolute and could very well mean the difference between chad/no chad or Pickett or losing another b22

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back