List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it will be done by the end of the second day of trading. Richmond have so much on their plate this trade period that they'll want to get the Bolton trade out of the way.

Yeah, I was being silly. Depends what domino needs to fall first but hopefully they may need 9 and 16 to do other deals as opposed to us waiting for them to complete other deals.

6 and 12 for Rioli and 16 for example.
13 and 23 for Baker and 16 another example.
3, 13, 23 for Baker, 9, 16 and 21 another

Just spit balling, but the sooner they bring in picks the quicker they can shuffle with other deals.

They could easily give up 29.

They’ll be bundling all those picks up for Brisbane anyway. They’ll still easily have enough points, especially if they don’t bid on Ashcroft at 1.
I think there's a rule that ypu can't trade a pick back to the same club? Otherwise say Brisbane could trade out their pick for say a future 2nd then after the ashcroft bid it gets traded back fir a future 1st rounder...

I think there's a rule that ypu can't trade a pick back to the same club? Otherwise say Brisbane could trade out their pick for say a future 2nd then after the ashcroft bid it gets traded back fir a future 1st rounder...

They wouldn’t trade anything back.
Richmond just simply don’t bid on him at pick 1. That instantly saves them 500 points.

You should be able to look through your club's history, check out the trade with Sydney to hide their picks for Blakey.

Maybe we make finals for a few years yet without going all the way (it's taken Brisbane a while) and it comes down to Robinson maintaining his gun junior status and the AFL doesn't change the access rules again. Ashcroft has made the world of difference to Brisbane.

I honestly believe if Pearce didn't re-break his arm we were contenders this year.

Brisbane are a good team and it clicked on GF Day but we match up well against them. Sydney were the best team all year and their spine is horrible.

If we sign Shai Bolton and have a decent run with injury anything short of a prelim will be disappointing in 2025. We've been rebuilding almost a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given he signed that extension just last year, it's that little bit harder to walk out on it without some significant circuit breaker.

Ordinarily I’d agree, but Pickett being homesick has been known since he was drafted. Not great optics for a club already doing through issues to hold a player to contract.
They let ANB leave.
The question would be is pick 10, F1 plus steak knives enough. It’s close, but it should be enough.

Given he signed that extension just last year, it's that little bit harder to walk out on it without some significant circuit breaker.

I agree, looks like Houston heading to Carlton. If Melbourne can turn his head, how? They look a shambles, it might open the door. But I don’t see it.

I understand we have two (?) exceptional NGAs coming through, which drafts will they be draft-able?

Ordinarily I’d agree, but Pickett being homesick has been known since he was drafted. Not great optics for a club already doing through issues to hold a player to contract.
They let ANB leave.
The question would be is pick 10, F1 plus steak knives enough. It’s close, but it should be enough.
10 and F1 is big overs anyway (and you know I LOVE Pickett). That's like a whole extra first of overs. It's really entirely down to Pickett being adamant he needs to leave and then Melbourne not being obstinate. If 10 and F1 isnt enough, nothing that's actually feasible for a team is.

I agree, looks like Houston heading to Carlton. If Melbourne can turn his head, how? They look a shambles, it might open the door. But I don’t see it.

I understand we have two (?) exceptional NGAs coming through, which drafts will they be draft-able?

We have two next Year - Whan and Hart.
Whan the most likely of them. Maybe a top 20 level.

Year after we have Robinson who’s projecting top 10. Inside Bull

Are you:
A) Just catching up on the last days pages
B) Trolling
C) Have something on it?

A.

But I also don't have the same view and opinion watching these player sagas play out like most do. Baker was always going to WCE, he never gave a shit about the coach, waiting on McQualter who will be sacked and upgraded upon in 3 seasons anyways? Also Bolton having not nominated us by now because "wants to do best by Richmond" - despite our currency being known for ages and WCE who won't move on Pick 3 in any scenario, another non buy-in issue. Or lack of work on our behalf given the timing?

I hope the latter is part of the reason, because if we've just been working on Warner & or Pickett instead (like we were before Bolton became a reality), then Bolton stays at Richmond, that would be great.

I want Pickett and to hit the draft this year, Warner for nada next year.

Surely there is something else going on, we didn't move these picks into 2024 trade period just to get Bolton and head to the draft.

It's apparently a really good draft so 9 and 16 for Bolton and 39 then going to the draft with 10, 27 and 39 makes a lot of sense IMO. Take the best available ball user at 10 then best available at 27 and 39.

Richmond have our former second round pick, pick #29

That's not a terrible pick but it's not exactly a good one considering where it will end up.

Two firsts for the contracted player and a later second back is the standard price in trade.

So I won't be surprised to see it end up #9 and #16 for Bolton and #29

By the time trade period starts that could be #10 and #17 for Bolton and #32

If we get 29 back then I'd start the car. I'd comfortably give just 9 and 16.

But the unknown is how much we're paying Boltons salary. I've always assumed we're only going to be up for 60-80% of it given Richmonds vast amounts of cap space short term and that they wouldn't want to be front loading contracts.

A.

But I also don't have the same view and opinion watching these player sagas play out like most do. Baker was always going to WCE, he never gave a shit about the coach, waiting on McQualter who will be sacked and upgraded upon in 3 seasons anyways? Also Bolton having not nominated us by now because "wants to do best by Richmond" - despite our currency being known for ages and WCE who won't move on Pick 3 in any scenario, another non buy-in issue. Or lack of work on our behalf given the timing?

I hope the latter is part of the reason, because if we've just been working on Warner & or Pickett instead (like we were before Bolton became a reality), then Bolton stays at Richmond, that would be great.
I also think Baker has been a lock to WC for a while, they were just all playing games and if that's the case I cant see how we arent possibly chips in on Warner and Pickett THIS year. I would find it extremely strange if it's just Bolton in the end even though Bolton and some decent picks is hardly a bad thing

RE: Warner.

Would Sydney want a big song and dance over him leaving? Or just get the deal down in the background?

Everything from our end seems pretty quiet, despite us all knowing there's things happening in the background.

They let ANB leave.
Needing support from extended family with his young kids would be a new something unforeseen when signing the extension. But it seems that has been walked back from since that initial flare up on a trade possibility. It could be reignited, but I think that would only happen with some new significant event on the trade/list front.

I honestly believe if Pearce didn't re-break his arm we were contenders this year.

Brisbane are a good team and it clicked on GF Day but we match up well against them. Sydney were the best team all year and their spine is horrible.

If we sign Shai Bolton and have a decent run with injury anything short of a prelim will be disappointing in 2025. We've been rebuilding almost a decade.
We've been rebuilding that long because we've been losing brownlow medallists and coleman medallists during it.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I also think Baker has been a lock to WC for a while, they were just all playing games and if that's the case I cant see how we arent possibly chips in on Warner and Pickett THIS year. I would find it extremely strange if it's just Bolton in the end even though Bolton and some decent picks is hardly a bad thing
I sort of read it as Bolton absolutely would prefer to come to Freo, but out of respect for his current club (and the huge length of contract) he’s holding to the “trade to WA” line. It helps that Freo are best equipped to provide reasonable trade currency.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back