List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well in tomorrows meeting can you relax the demands a little, we are a good but starving bunch here. Thanks ;)
Good response.
I have no doubt Freo would be Boltons choice of club but you can’t blame Richmond for holding him up for the highest bidder.

Good response.
I have no doubt Freo would be Boltons choice of club but you can’t blame Richmond for holding him up for the highest bidder.
Not at all. They would be silly not to with a contracted player of his caliber.

Do we read anything into Stanley being deliated this late? Why not just do it earlier?
even if there isn't, it's our duty to speculate for days

I've lost track of how many spots on the main or rookie list we have left - may have decided they want to try move emmett to the rookie list and take his spot on it?

Ok.

What about North pick 2 and 40 for pick 10, 27 and our F1??

Doesn't compromise our Bolton deal. Allows them ammunition for Houston.

We then have pick 2! Still grab Bolton for 9 and 16.

Put 2 on the table for Pickett or Chad?
North or freo aren’t doing that deal. Freo need to keep future picks in case Warner becomes available.

North are trying to move there F1 to get something this year For Houston

Dan Hannebery on trade radio apparently said Saints going hard at Brayshaw and LDU this year. If nothing happens then will be back next year again.

Keep your grubby hands of him Ross !

Do we read anything into Stanley being deliated this late? Why not just do it earlier?
Imo he was on "if you impress in this finals series and/or if NOD leaves, you'll probably have a list spot." Easy to clown your persistent Stanley optimism with hindsight goggles, but 12 months ago everyone had the same take. Hard not to with how rapidly he progressed from amateurs to AFL debut. Club probably saw those things and it was enough to have 1 last chance. Unfortunately he played poorly enough to be dropped in the Grand Final.

The most significant part of it all is that he was the only one announced. Knobel, Emmett and Jones left in limbo. The first 2 on that list I'd practically guarantee will be on an AFL list next year, and Jones showed enough despite concussions for anything other than an extension to be incredibly harsh.

Them 3 are likely on some sort of "watch this space", whether it has to do with list spots, talks with other clubs or a combo of the 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't read anything into it. May have been hoping to get a pick from him, may help him get to an Adelaide team.

I dont believe this is correct. Corbett had his spot taken by Voss but Kuek's delisted opened up a spot
The Lobbster

Here is the count as I see it. I expect 2 of the remaining 3 to be gone as well, but who knows.

Someone mentioned that based on instagram, 2 or 3 more people are gone. I can't find the post.
If someone is super keen, check Instagram comments and find out.

I will try to keep this post up to date on the contract thread.

Just putting this here, so I know how many list spots we have open and who is still out of contract.

We currently have 3 spots open. Ideally we get this to 6, before we look at bringing in anyone other than Bolton.

Gone
Ethan Hughes
Josh Corbett - spot taken by Voss
Matt Taberner
Sebit Kuek
Conrad Williams - Cat B
Ethan Stanley

Unknown
Max Knobel
Odin Jones
Tom Emmett

Adding Taylor's info, normally more reliable than mine

Current list profile has:
Total: 40 players
Primary list: 33 (also Emmett, Knobel out of contract)
Rookie List (A): 6 (Jones, Stanley out of contract)
Rookie List (B): 1

Currently,
3 national draft picks, 3 rookie draft picks.
to
5 national draft picks, 1 rookie draft picks.

If all out of contract players, do not re-sign.
So potentially 30 primary list players, 3x cat A rookies, 1x cat B rookies total.

5 national draft picks, 4 rookie draft picks.
to
7 national draft picks, 2 rookie draft picks.

Not at all. They would be silly not to with a contracted player of his caliber.
For what it is worth, Freo now has a very good list. It’s time for you to throw caution to the wind and get the final pieces in place. It doesn’t matter if it’s Bolton, Pickett or others. It’s time for Freo to put up and stop rooting around. Richmond topped up and paid overs for Prestia(pick6), Geelong 3 first rounders for Cameron. Brisbane a top 10 for Daniher. With the competition at the top very even just a little quality add on can make the difference. Good luck.

Imo he was on "if you impress in this finals series and/or if NOD leaves, you'll probably have a list spot." Easy to clown your persistent Stanley optimism with hindsight goggles, but 12 months ago everyone had the same take. Hard not to with how rapidly he progressed from amateurs to AFL debut. Club probably saw those things and it was enough to have 1 last chance. Unfortunately he played poorly enough to be dropped in the Grand Final.

The most significant part of it all is that he was the only one announced. Knobel, Emmett and Jones left in limbo. The first 2 on that list I'd practically guarantee will be on an AFL list next year, and Jones showed enough despite concussions for anything other than an extension to be incredibly harsh.

Them 3 are likely on some sort of "watch this space", whether it has to do with list spots, talks with other clubs or a combo of the 2.

Jones got a year I thought, when they announced Reidy and Voss.

Is a bit strange but had he not been delisted we couldn't really read into that either - if we were waiting to see if someone is coming by trade he'd be getting delisted after the trade period anyway. Probably just has something to do with the timing of his exit interview for some reason

North or freo aren’t doing that deal. Freo need to keep future picks in case Warner becomes available.

North are trying to move there F1 to get something this year For Houston

They get 10 from us. That will be the main pick for Houston.

They then have their own F1 and our F1 should they need more collateral.

Pick 2 on the table for Chad is compelling. Especially, if we don't have that F1.

If pick 2 can't pry out Pickett or Warner then we split it again ourselves. By then, you know Richmond will have all the picks and we can easily get a couple of firsts for it back!

Ok.

What about North pick 2 and 40 for pick 10, 27 and our F1??

Doesn't compromise our Bolton deal. Allows them ammunition for Houston.

We then have pick 2! Still grab Bolton for 9 and 16.

Put 2 on the table for Pickett or Chad?
More like 9 to North for Future first.

10 and 16 for Bolton
North Future first for Pickett.

Profit?
Take 27 to the draft

We need to get him signed ASAP or there's going to be stories like this all year.
He's not leaving to play for the Saints.

I'm telling you right now with zero inside knowledge that they can write all the stories they want... he isn't leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back