List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Walls: We're thinking pick 10 for Baker
Richmond: Really, I mean yes yes that could start the conversation. So what about Bolton?
Walls: Well that would require 9 and 16 but we would need some salary paid.
Richmond: If you want salary paid it's more like 9 and 10.
Walls: Don't have 10 anymore, that goes to you for Baker.
Richmond: Oh yes, ok then I guess it will have to be 9 and 16 then.

Richmond: Hey West Coast, Freo were willing to pay 10 for Baker.

Should Angus Brayshaw be offered the Bob Murphy gig?

Can’t rely on talent’: Ex-coach demands Swans ‘put good players on the market’ after GF disaster

Former Sydney coach Paul Roos has called for his old side to be bold during this off-season and consider trading a star player, as the Swans are left to rue yet another grand final embarrassment.
So that means warner confirmed as coming to freo?😆

Here is a painful question for you all.

IF we get Kozzie and Bolton this year plus Warner next year.

Then who is the "best player you'd be willing to part with over that 2 year period?

I will allow you to state 2 players for the sake of the hypothetical

Then who is the "best player you'd be willing to part with over that 2 year period?

Easy…

Cox
Darcy*

* if he pulls his finger out then no
-replace with Ryan

Last edited:

Sean Darcy and Brennan Cox

Should Angus Brayshaw be offered the Bob Murphy gig?
love gus, obviously through no fault of his own dont think he has the longevity of career for that mentor role. Think could be great for him personally though with his brothers in WA and being out of footy centric melbourne. AFL should really allow a club to pay Gus outside the softcap, may save them a bit of money down the line.

Would never ever happen, but I'd happily trade Jackson to make it happen

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The AFL allowing trading of future picks as hinted at and bringing back academy selections for all teams gives us a great opportunity of being able to get Pickett, Warner and Bolton in terms of trades.

The salary will be the interesting one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suddenly wishing AFL brought in future trading for this year lol

there is just no plausible way that all 3 can happen in the one year

TBF looks like Chad sticks it out for another year over there anyway, the reports were if they had won, which they didn't

Doubt that Richmond will accept 9 & 16 for Bolton.

They will push hard for 9 & 10. True value is probably somewhere in between.
I said a while ago the deal would be 9 and 10 and a swap of our seconds.

Real decent chance Bo Allan is still there when it gets to 16.

DOnt forget all the picks will slider due to father son and academy so its really not 9 and 10. probably becomes 12 and 13 which makes it better

I don't like this game. I can't think of any player on our list that if we asked them to be part of a trade would not be crushed and it would massively impact our team morale. Cox is a new Dad, is his partner from here? Maybe Switta.

My view is that it takes three seasons to see the best of a new player while they find their connection with the team. I actually think three massive new parts would be disruptive and I would almost rather not get Warner and keep the team intact. Bolton and Kozzie would be more plug and play than Warner due to the nature of their roles and could seemingly be accommodated without any loss of players. Warner is more $, more picks and seems to be 12 months away.

If Warner opts in this year but not Kozzie then different equation but I can't see Sydney going for 10 and an F1 so not sure how we would do both him and Bolton this year.

Realistically Brayshaw taking a godfather deal would be the conduit for Warner to us next year.

It would be tough to give one up but Banfield or Switkowski. Our two champion data elites should suffice.

Has anyone been on the GC Board? Someone stated that this would be the likely net outcome of the trade period and all five of their posters liked it:

out: 6, 12, 20 and Lukosius
In: Rioli, Noble, Port F1, Coll F1, and an F2 of some sort

Could you imagine the melts on here?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back