List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony of having all these players potentially on the way here and no one wanting to leave!

Well seemingly no one wants to leave…

Yeah, this is what’s worrying me. The players we’ve lost recently all had talk of going throughout the season, other than Schultz last year was about the only shock I can recall.

How conflicted would we be if Warner/Bolton/Kozzie all want in but Young/Brayshaw/Treacy/Amiss/Darcy/other B23 want out?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nope.

They’re all out of contract and all guns.

Bolton - 9&16
Chad - 10,27 and F1

Might get some scraps back in both deals. Nothing left for Pickett.

We’d have to get creative.

Maybe Bolton - 9&16
Pickett - 10&F1
Chad - Cox and 27
Bolton is not out of contract, Pickett is not out of contract.

The only one that will come out of contract is Warner at the end of 2025.

Reckon it’s 85% filler, repeated information and ads. 10% stating the same top 10 best, worst , weird, cheapest trades we hear every year. 3% actual trade news 2 % fact.
But I’ll still listen to those podcasts . Genius producers.
That's the beauty of good filtering, the ratios always seem better. 🙃

It Begins Here We Go GIF by hero0fwar

Yeah, this is what’s worrying me. The players we’ve lost recently all had talk of going throughout the season, other than Schultz last year was about the only shock I can recall.

How conflicted would we be if Warner/Bolton/Kozzie all want in but Young/Brayshaw/Treacy/Amiss/Darcy/other B23 want out?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Shultz leaving as and when he did may be the closest thing we'll get to Kismet. The timing and maxing out of trade value is potentially looking to have us primed for an historically pivotal moment.

I'm like Val Kilmer in Tombstone.
The drinking part at least.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doc Holliday in Tombstone is up there with Samwise Gamgee as one of the most loyal and true friends shown on screen. Literally turns up for his friend while dying, the entire movie then at the end sends him away so he doesn't linger in the grief of losing him. Selfless and heroic. What a guy.

Warner will be kicking himself if we win the flag next year & he decided to spend another year at Sydney.

That’s the angle I’d be taking when speaking to him. Imagine missing out on being immortal to stay in a place you don’t really want to be.

If Freo weren’t balls deep into Bolton then I have no doubt we’d be going extremely hard at Warner. We probably still will, but 10 and a F1 isn’t exactly a strong argument for Swans to release him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Freo weren’t balls deep into Bolton then I have no doubt we’d be going extremely hard at Warner. We probably still will, but 10 and a F1 isn’t exactly a strong argument for Swans to release him.
thing is, its stronger then what they will get next year and the gaps in their list have been made pretty obvious, another big loss like this may be the push they need to let chad go to bring in some other pieces

thing is, its stronger then what they will get next year and the gaps in their list have been made pretty obvious, another big loss like this may be the push they need to let chad go to bring in some other pieces

If I were Swans I’d ask the question on Pearce or Cox. We will say not for trade, but it would be serious food for thought.

Regardless of next years lower offer, 10 and F1 isn’t inspiring for them. Perhaps it comes with a Brodie as an extractor but that just steak knives.

Odds are we’ve been in contact with Pickett regarding a move home and is most likely holding off on an official request depending on Freo’s draft hand and salary cap situation after the Bolton deal.

If deemed we have enough capital in the bank (to also secure Brayshaw’s contract next year) then we pull the trigger. Whether or not a deal then actually gets done is another thing entirely.

Not actually ITK, just a best guess going by all the noise.

There's a certain symmetry to a pick from North Melbourne being traded with Freo to pick up Pickett.

Back in 2018 North traded their future first to Melbourne, this was around pick #8 come 2019 - Freo had pick #10 from the Hill trade. We traded our ten to Melbourne for that pick eight originally from North to get ahead of Carlton for Serong/Young and Melbourne picked Pickett with our pick ten (it became 12 after Henry and Green bids).

So all we need is a first rounder from North to trade to Melbourne for Pickett to complete the circle.

Does anyone give up Pearce for Chad in straight up trade? Haha. Crazy to think about.

29 year old captain v 23 year old young gun
Key position defenders are worth a truck load more.

The best thing for us now is Pickett and Bolton because of the hand we have.

If we have them both kicking footies at Cockburn, here’s what next year looks like:

Most likely a full hand of 2025 picks, assuming Pickett goes for 10 and change and Bolton goes for 9 and 16.

Whan and Hart in the pocket ready to be taken as necessary.

A full hand of 2026 picks.
Robinson ready to be taken in 2026.

All draft picks available for Chad, and a more successful team because of Pickett and Bolton, which should make him choose us, driving away West Coast

Just get the deals done with minimal fuss and move forward.

Be hard-asses if someone wants out, without being dodo-esque.

I don't want to win trade week anymore. I want to win flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back