List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance Lachie would want to come back to WA now he's won his flag?
Thought of that the other day and it wouldn’t surprise me.

Wouldnt be overly keen on the idea.

Already feel we could have too many players that won premierships elsewhere on the team if Bolton and Pickett join Jackson.

Check the stats on players that have won premierships with two different AFL clubs, pretty grim reading… 🤔

Did either you or arsesmart listen to it haha
I did and I probably picked up more of it than good ole Damo did. I actually like Josh Jenkins a lot of the time. Johnson is a bit more hit and miss, but isn't a total write off. Barrett can be not totally unbearable here and there, but when he starts trying to analyse footy 😱.

Neale has just said that his injury may not require surgery, and he could be running on it in a month or so.
That's Brizzy pre season, whoever let him pull of that contract should never be in any mgt capacity at Freo ever again

This close to my favourite solution and I don't see any downside on it. I've even put a lot of thought into it.

There is now the draft night and auction night. All points players go up for auction with all teams bar their club (academy or F/S) live bidding for the player. Once done, the club they are tied to has a chance to match the bid with a discount percent tied to ladder position.

Pros:
  • Crazy level of strategizing required and makes list managers really earn their salt
  • Makes it impossible for players to be taken cheaply and by top 4 clubs without A LOT of points.
  • Draft stops being stupidly compromised and makes picks actually reflective of their value
  • Most importantly, a great product to sell and a lot of fun
I'd add to the Pros that's it's fairer across years. If a team finishes last they get pick one, but pick one isn't always worth the same every year. I'm sure Richmond would prefer pick one last year to pick one this year for instance. At least with a points system if the best draftee isn't worth 3000 points the wooden spooner can spend the points elsewhere.

It would also be interesting to compare players in the draft and across drafts and really see if recruiters do see weak drafts and strong drafts or shallow and deep.

Confirms some of the ITK posts re Tim Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Kelly! Hahahahahahahahhaha
Hahahahahahahahahahahhaha
Hahahahahahhahaha

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh hahahahaha

Hahahahahaha

Hahaha

Ah

I’d pay a F2!

week wife GIF

People need to get their heads around it’s Warner or Pickett not both

Unless we offload some one like cox .(I’d be all for btw)
We ll need both his salary and the picks he’d generate just to get close to WC offer.
Honestly think its just bolton - sorry for the deflation! Pickett won’t be traded, and warner wont be traded whilst sydney need him. Whilst not as boner-inducing, getting bolton, drafting with 10 and keeping F1 for Chad next year is a bloosy good outcome for us👍

I'd play Tim Kelly over JOM, but does JOM play next year anyway? NoD and Raz will be best 22 next year. Bolton and Pickett running through there as well. Not much room for Tim Kelly.

Tim Kelly you had your chance buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back