List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said WC probably need to give more like an F2 and Richmond F3 coming back or they get 24 and we get 20 instead but to be honest if we could get Bolton and keep a pick in the top 15 and 1 in the top 25 I would be pretty happy.

Liam Baker is seriously underrated on here.

I was against trading pick 10 for him but thought pick 17 was pretty damn close to fair. West Coast won’t get much significant back if they trade pick 15 for Baker, if at all.

But Breust had less time on ground, 46% cf Walters 66%
So? Walters had more possessions. Different roles.

Point one is don't cream over the Hawks too much. Point two is people are getting far too carried away with emotional takes on the vets (which we are light on for really) and expecting superstars rather than role players.

Basically that we have a top 4 list and should have played finals the last 2 years. Questions over the coach.

Good summary of how we have done in draft. No free agents. Forgetting that Freo basically can’t get any free agents. It’s not an avenue open to us in a meaningful manner.

Didn’t mention Draper or Walker in their review of our drafting which was a small oversight
Saying we have a top 4 list (I think that came from Barrett mainly) was shallow and lacked context. I don't really rate any analysis of a teams performance that doesn't take into account the fact they're a young team.

You can tell they don't really watch Freo that often or in depth. They seem stuck with King's narrative on the gamelan.

If it was Hawkfawn they'd be all over the age factor...nevermind the Hawks went in with a team that wasn't even the youngest in the finals.

Until our youth starts getting acknowledged when we win the same ways Hawks always is then I’m not putting any value in anyone’s analysis of our list and expectations.

You can talk at length about how good we are on paper but it’s useless if you fail to acknowledge our complete lack of mature depth to come in in case of injury.

I wouldn't mind Ned McHenry on the list (delisted by Adelaide) he is a quick and annoying small forward much like Nick Watson.

Lol the fans call one of those players the Wizard and the other one Dud McShitry

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s not happening. Richmond can tell brisbane if they don’t deal with us for their first we bid on Ashcroft with pick 1. Us bidding or not on him makes a huge difference to them.
I thought you were unlikely to draft beyond 30 due to picks coming in from GC as well?

I was against trading pick 10 for him but thought pick 17 was pretty damn close to fair. West Coast won’t get much significant back if they trade pick 15 for Baker, if at all.
Out of contract though. Eagles will be very reluctant to trade that pick.

Until our youth starts getting acknowledged when we win the same ways Hawks always is then I’m not putting any value in anyone’s analysis of our list and expectations.

You can talk at length about how good we are on paper but it’s useless if you fail to acknowledge our complete lack of mature depth to come in in case of injury.

I don’t think our depth stacks up too badly if you stack it up against most other teams tbh.

We’re short on one or two roles depth wise but so is pretty much every team in the competition. For example Pat Voss is probably a better footballer than whoever is going to replace Joe Daniher next season. Most on here wouldn’t have even heard of the three guys Brisbane had as emergencies last week. There was only four best 22 players out so if they had so much depth why’s there two youngsters with sub-10 games each (not like they’re high picks either) and a spud KPD previously delisted by St Kilda as their emergencies?

What a massive net loss for the Eagles if they turn Barrass into Baker.

I rate Baker, but Barrass is a better player with a more important position.

Out of contract though. Eagles will be very reluctant to trade that pick.

Nowhere outside of BigFooty has there been any suggestion that anything less than a pick in the teens will be traded for Baker.

This in contract, out of contract thing is so overplayed. The amount of deals where clubs are massively screwed for a player out of contract is minimal and Richmond only getting a mid-20s pick for Baker is getting massively screwed tbh.

What a massive net loss for the Eagles if they turn Barrass into Baker.

I rate Baker, but Barrass is a better player with a more important position.

Tbh I think West Coast will get more than pick 15 for Barrass but will trade just pick 15 for Baker. If Richmond is feeling generous they might be some pick swaps later in the draft as well but I can’t see pick 15 not being involved.

I don’t think our depth stacks up too badly if you stack it up against most other teams tbh.

We’re short on one or two roles depth wise but so is pretty much every team in the competition. For example Pat Voss is probably a better footballer than whoever is going to replace Joe Daniher next season. Most on here wouldn’t have even heard of the three guys Brisbane had as emergencies last week. There was only four best 22 players out so if they had so much depth why’s there two youngsters with sub-10 games each (not like they’re high picks either) and a spud KPD previously delisted by St Kilda as their emergencies?
Yeah but their depth KPDs and ruck had about 6 years in the system. We were having to cover our three most important KPPs with guys who had never even played a game before. Get any team to take away their best spine and replace them with a couple first/second year players yet to play a game and they’ll struggle. Most teams have mature depth to cover at least two of those positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have pick 14. They will be pushing for the F1 as well. Likely with Eagles F2 going back. Maybe some other pick swaps.

Pick 14 for Baker and probably an upgrade of a second round pick or Richmond likely same for us toss back one of the many picks they will have in the 40’s.

Baker - Pick 14 is too high so they need a sweetener. They had 23 but that has been pushed back 26 and that will push back to 29/30 by draft night so way too low for Baker.

Barass - pick 14 is not enough for contracted KPD. Hawks have chased him hard on good coin. WC will absolutely point to Battle pick 8 and McKay pick 3. That will need a significant sweetener.

So it isn’t Barass for Baker.

Hawks have pick 14. They will be pushing for the F1 as well. Likely with Eagles F2 going back. Maybe some other pick swaps.

Pick 14 for Baker and probably an upgrade of a second round pick or Richmond likely same for us toss back one of the many picks they will have in the 40’s.

Baker - Pick 14 is too high so they need a sweetener. They had 23 but that has been pushed back 26 and that will push back to 29/30 by draft night so way too low for Baker.

Barass - pick 14 is not enough for contracted KPD. Hawks have chased him hard on good coin. WC will absolutely point to Battle pick 8 and McKay pick 3. That will need a significant sweetener.

So it isn’t Barass for Baker.

Noted on Pick 14 - I pushed it back two spots for season.

Agree with most of the above but I’m comfortable is saying that if it is just pick 14 for Baker than West Coast didn’t get overly screwed.

Just seen the idea of a player that's not a need for us or looking to be a key player who would walk into Richmond's best 22, their suggestions on the Richmond board? Sam Sturt and Brandon Walker 🤣🤣

Yes Sam Sturt who was top four in goalkicking for us playing half the season and Brandon Walker who finished 10th in the BnF for us.

Yeah but their depth KPDs and ruck had about 6 years in the system. We were having to cover our three most important KPPs with guys who had never even played a game before. Get any team to take away their best spine and replace them with a couple first/second year players yet to play a game and they’ll struggle. Most teams have mature depth to cover at least two of those positions.

Interesting points tbh. I think I actually prefer the younger players in our current situation unless they get too good and request trades. Not sure about Reidy (Fort seems a better footballer tbh) but I actually think our KPD and KPF depth stacks up against theirs pretty well in terms of how those players actually perform when picked.

I think that there’s far more important things to us improving as a team tbh:
  • We have some stars but we need them to stand up in big moments. A lot of why we lost close games was poor tactics too IMO so JL and our coaching team are part of that. Tbf I thought that teams protecting a lead were coached poorly in general across the competition this year.
  • We need more consistency from players 12-22. A lot of those players are quite young or were interrupted by minor injuries this year so I’m willing to give more time. Improvement from around 2/3 of this group will be massive.
  • To add to the above we need players 12-22 to step up when best 22 players are out. You cannot expect literally any depth player across the competition to replace our top 10 players - it’s a team effort to do so.

For
Bolton, 23

That’s a far more likely scenario.

I'd argue #10, #18 and #29 for Bolton and #23 is more likely but I'm looking for ways in which the value of the trade is distorted and muddied.

Freo trade two best picks!! But it's really just downgrading one of them and upgrading the second round pick.

Richmond get the best two picks and a second from Freo!! But it's like Jeremy Cameron in that plenty comes back, making the value more mid teens while still giving up the best two picks.

For
Bolton, 23

That’s a far more likely scenario.

We’re weak as anything if we accept that.

I wouldn’t be completely against Picks 10, 11 and 30 for Bolton and Pick 14 if Richmond would prefer that to Picks 10/11 and 18 - Got a feeling they wouldn’t though. Don’t know if Richmond would need/want Pick 30 tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back