List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely he's just confusing players, would love to know what he sees if not though.
I've watched plenty of crows games, he is a mosquito which is in vogue atm, quick fast, goes 110% and most of all really annoying. Hard to get into the crows lineup as well in his position so wasn't used where he would be best. Most of all ready to play.

Name a small forward on our list that is better? Oh right we don't have any esp. crumbing types.

Walters? Cooked.
Emmett? Probably delisted.
Delean? Not likely.
Simpson? Not ready and not a crumbing small.

And why would you expect McHenry to be a midfielder, what a dumb move by the Crows. He's 179cm tall and not Lachie Neale.

I'm not enamoured by him by all means but like other clubs do they pick up players that have been discarded by other teams and they sometimes work out. It's not like he was a 4th round pick or anything.

Everyone gets so jumpy in here over a suggestion about a gaping hole on our list.
So Switta and Freddy don't count?

Name a small forward on our list that is better? Oh right we don't have any esp. crumbing types.

Walters? Cooked.
Emmett? Probably delisted.
Delean? Not likely.
Simpson? Not ready and not a crumbing small.

And why would you expect McHenry to be a midfielder, what a dumb move by the Crows. He's 179cm tall and not Lachie Neale.

I'm not enamoured by him by all means but like other clubs do they pick up players that have been discarded by other teams and they sometimes work out. It's not like he was a 4th round pick or anything.

Everyone gets so jumpy in here over a suggestion about a gaping hole on our list.

Yeah… but McHenry!

What may happen is we don't budge on the 10 and 18 with regards to our first rounders, but we give leverage in later rounds that the regular punter doesn't even pay attention to.

Something like:
10, 18, 30, F2, F3 for

Bolton, 42(1st pick of 3rd round), F3 and F4

30 to 42 is significant but is the 'cost' for not giving up 11.

The F2, F3 for F3, F4 places all the upside with them.

It's a heavy deal, but we keep 11.
I don't know if it is because you are trying to mentally prepare for the worst case scenario every time but all of your trade proposals are Hideously bad.

Frederick is a HHF
Switta does count, inadvertently left him out.
I'd have McHenry the same as Emmett basically for what it's worth and I don't really want another Emmett, no matter how dire the stocks are.

I'd also much rather Simpson have games. Once we have Bolton it's not entirely dire straights anyway, though another genuinely good one (hugh draft pick) would be great.

I've watched plenty of crows games, he is a mosquito which is in vogue atm, quick fast, goes 110% and most of all really annoying. Hard to get into the crows lineup as well in his position so wasn't used where he would be best. Most of all ready to play.

But his goal kicking stats make Switta look like prime Farmer, we already have smalls that can't kick a goal.

What may happen is we don't budge on the 10 and 18 with regards to our first rounders, but we give leverage in later rounds that the regular punter doesn't even pay attention to.

Something like:
10, 18, 30, F2, F3 for

Bolton, 42(1st pick of 3rd round), F3 and F4

30 to 42 is significant but is the 'cost' for not giving up 11.

The F2, F3 for F3, F4 places all the upside with them.

It's a heavy deal, but we keep 11.
Spot on but maybe not as many picks involved. That is a very similar scenario to what I have in mind and what played out for Jordan Clark.

I don't know if it is because you are trying to mentally prepare for the worst case scenario every time but all of your trade proposals are Hideously bad.

It is going to be hideously bad.
10 and 18 is already bad and people are hoping we get something back with that?

If we do, it will be one of their throwaway 3rd rounders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Baker is seriously underrated on here.

I was against trading pick 10 for him but thought pick 17 was pretty damn close to fair. West Coast won’t get much significant back if they trade pick 15 for Baker, if at all.

I think it’s the optics of essentially trading Barrass for Baker.

It is going to be hideously bad.
10 and 18 is already bad and people are hoping we get something back with that?

If we do, it will be one of their throwaway 3rd rounders.
My hope is that the ridiculous compos mean we'll more desperate to keep 11 (side note, while I find them annoying, it's pretty funny how much everyone as changed values on picks moving 1-2 back). It's not like Richmond or Freo didn't know this could happen.

Originally it seemed mostly agreed by Richmond and Freo fans tha 9,10 required a lot coming back and 10, 16 would have some junk pick coming back they wouldn't use. Not much has changed, if its 10/18, we might have to include an F3 or something to get a late pick back this year.

I honestly can't remember a more bizarre list management move. It's completely stupid where even Daniels (who will basically always go to bat for the WA teams) thinks its ridiculous.

But that won’t happen - West Coast will get more for Barrass.

And btw I do agree it’s pretty dumb to trade one of your best KPDs then trade out the best pick you get in that trade for an almost but not quite A Grade small utility (best description of him because he plays all over the place).

Fair enough, can't say I remember anything about him when I have watched Crows games. His stats are dire though.
They are better or no worse than Emmett.
Crows have quite a few players in his position, Rachele, Rankine, Keays, Murphy, Pedlar are all ahead of him so when he's in he's moved around a lot or the sub.

My hope is that the ridiculous compos mean we'll more desperate to keep 11 (side note, while I find them annoying, it's pretty funny how much everyone as changed values on picks moving 1-2 back). It's not like Richmond or Freo didn't know this could happen.

Originally it seemed mostly agreed by Richmond and Freo fans tha 9,10 required a lot coming back and 10, 16 would have some junk pick coming back they wouldn't use. Not much has changed, if its 10/18, we might have to include an F3 or something to get a late pick back this year.

The general public are so dumb when it comes to these things tbh. Bet we’ll hear about Ashcroft, Lombard and others potentially effecting those picks as well like clubs haven’t known for 12+ months plus that was going to happen and also that if they always had close to zero chances of getting these players unless the AFL changed their rules overnight.

The general public are so dumb when it comes to these things tbh. Bet we’ll hear about Ashcroft, Lombard and others potentially effecting those picks as well like clubs haven’t known for 12+ months plus that was going to happen and also that if they always had close to zero chances of getting these players unless the AFL changed their rules overnight.
I think there's nuance in the whole "picks move back thing". It does need to be taken into consideration when trading, it dictates the strength of the draft but bids on the night are meaningless. But yeah, anyone taking even a quick glance at draft boards should know 10/11 won't have any meaningful bid impact this year. Still same tier of available players.

I'd have McHenry the same as Emmett basically for what it's worth and I don't really want another Emmett, no matter how dire the stocks are.

I'd also much rather Simpson have games. Once we have Bolton it's not entirely dire straights anyway, though another genuinely good one (hugh draft pick) would be great.

Forward line of Treacy, Amiss, Jackson, Sturt, Bolton, Switta and Frederick. So there’s probably room for two smalls - maybe a third small of Frederick is injured as I don’t think his height really helps him anyway in his role.

Walters and Emmett are decent stop gaps whilst Simpson and any new draftees develops. Banfield despite being more suited to HFF and a third tall role is there if we him too.

Kind of agree that Delean can’t be relied upon. Harsh twelve months out but I reckon we’ll delist him next year tbh.

Anyway - plenty of small/medium forwards. I trust Walls will get Bolton done and draft another. After that we’re fine for next year - that won’t stop me wanting someone like Kozzie Pickett in the team or using draft picks on small forwards once the stop gaps retire/are delisted but I think it’s at least at a point then where it’s adequate for a top four side going forward.

Last edited:
Some on here really overate state league and delisted players from other clubs. Yes you can find the odd diamond in the rough but 99% of them are no good.

Don’t discount the state league small forwards this year.

Assuming we keep pick 30 and Walls goes for something else earlier I’m not against a slight reach for a small forward at a pick in that range.

I’m all for Walls taking best available with our first pick as long as he doesn’t draft a tall tbh. We’ll need a replacement for almost everything else in the next 3-4 years - that’s just how list management is.

Some on here really overate state league and delisted players from other clubs. Yes you can find the odd diamond in the rough but 99% of them are no good.
Four of our top 30 or so players are other clubs delistees. Voss, Wagner, Sharp and MacDonald. Clearly you can't build a team out of them but it's a bit more than 1%

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back