List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not opposed to running triple J + McDonald

Dogga is flexible enough and we can always run one off the bench

What did hawks run in their day?

Buddy, roughy, Gunston, Hale and a ruck?

I spose buddy was only for a couple years, Sturt probably closer to Gunston than Treacy is tho? Maybe?

I think you can make it work if you have flexibility, if you're winning the midfield battle then you can run that kind of forward setup I reckon

I went to an event after one of our games near the end of the season and was told his knee was not as bad as it could have been (O'Meara being a near worst-case example). Even then they were expecting him to make a full recovery and thinking it shouldn't affect him too much long term.
Yeah unfortunately jaegars injury outcome is the endearing image ,so to speak I have of what a patella tendon injury can do to a players career.

the bloke was a deadset gun and seriously on track for a top 5 player in the league type peak before that stopped him literally in his tracks

I think I'm happy either way with McDonald.

He fills a definite need, and is the right age bracket. So we should be chasing him.

However, he would cost a lot, and I have concerns over his ceiling. I know people bring up key forwards that started their careers slow, but McDonald is a player that was dominating in the WAFL before he got drafted. I don't think he has much more physical development in him, it's just about experience.

Amiss outperformed this year, in a sh&t team, who is very slight and was getting the best defender at times. And he's a year younger. I'm just not convinced McDonald has the tricks or physical edge to be a dominant key forward. However I've also been proven to have NFI in the past. So we'll see.

I listened to Walls on Freos Omny the other day, he said there are a few WA targets looking available this year

So we are chasing a couple, anyone got an updated list on OOC WA players

First guesses would be Baker and McDonald

I'm not opposed to running triple J + McDonald

Dogga is flexible enough and we can always run one off the bench

What did hawks run in their day?

Buddy, roughy, Gunston, Hale and a ruck?

I spose buddy was only for a couple years, Sturt probably closer to Gunston than Treacy is tho? Maybe?

I think you can make it work if you have flexibility, if you're winning the midfield battle then you can run that kind of forward setup I reckon
Buddy was in only 1 of 3 of those premierships; for the other two it was Roughhead and Gunston with a bit of Hale forward and Ruck. Buddy and Gunston being so mobile also made a big difference as to affording that first premiership team (against us in 2013).

I think two full time forwards, a ruck / forward and a full time ruck is the most talls that good teams are going to run with. A number of premiership team since Hawthorn have run with far less.

Buddy was in only 1 of 3 of those premierships; for the other two it was Roughhead and Gunston with a bit of Hale forward and Ruck. Buddy and Gunston being so mobile also made a big difference as to affording that first premiership team (against us in 2013).

I think two full time forwards, a ruck / forward and a full time ruck is the most talls that good teams are going to run with. A number of premiership team since Hawthorn have run with far less.
mentioned that in my post, it was the 2012 GF too so a couple years

Amiss is as mobile as Buddy IMO, just a debate whether Treacy is as mobile as Gunston (arguably Dogga is tbh)

When’s JVR out of contract? Maybe he would be the better foil for Amiss? Grab his brother as SSP to encourage him.

I listened to Walls on Freos Omny the other day, he said there are a few WA targets looking available this year

So we are chasing a couple, anyone got an updated list on OOC WA players

First guesses would be Baker and McDonald

Just checked , Zurhaar and English RFA Logan and Baker NFA.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I might have to write down a list of the people hoping McDonald re-signs and ask them how they feel about it in 5 years

Have seen an alarming number of people staying that
Go ahead mate. It’s an opinion. You should know however that it could go either way so be prepared to cop it if Logan ends up more like Hipwood and less like Tredrea (and I mean no disrespect to Hipwood)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quietly, keep an eye on the worners. Had an interesting conversation with friends of the family yesterday.
Think I'd be much happier going after Chad Warner then McDonald.

he is a funny one because he played all his junior at Kardi as a HB that received/won the ball, and then just bolted and broke lines delivering it forward of centre and racking up massive metres gained. Irrespective of JLo claiming to want to have players "playing to their natural instinct" Walker plays a lockdown back pocket role and doesn't seem confident to take any run forward and appears to second guess himself, often slows down (and then caught) as if he is not sure if he should, though it is natural instinct for him. He's got the closing speed that other's don't have needed for the lock down role, but I worry that his natural game is being limited and not sure that's a good thing as I agree with you, he could be a lot more than just a lock down defender (we've had Broughton and Clancy playing that). Personally I think with Young moved into the midfield, Walker should be used more as an option to take the ball out of the backline on the rebound, particularly when Ryan's kick outs to the wings are not working against a better marking opp.
Yes
And we seemed to have pigeon-holed Walker into the lockdown role, with Clark the designated "running back'.
When Walker went down this season, Clark shone in a more lockdown role.
Maybe Walker is our natural 'running back' & Clark locks down?????

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My understanding is we have had no indication McDonald wants to come. We are just having a crack.
This is good, it means if our tall forwards go well this year we might not be fully committed to him either.

If we don’t end up with a high end trade target, I hope we roll a first into 2025 during the draft. You can get amazing deals if you’re willing to wait a year and now we have three, we could use it like compounding interest and keep flipping it for more value till we have a target we cannot resist.

I think it would be possible to extract a current 2nd every year plus a first rounder that can then be flipped the following year.

Warner would be sensational.
Wanted him in his draft year- couldn’t believe we didn’t grab him at the time…
Has amazing gut run, and a lot of caaarnt…
Just what we need imo, what we are missing- that and a game breaking Shai Bolton…
Not convinced that we have anything on a positive note or inclination from McDonald to return home…can’t see it either talls we have invested in and the ones we are trialling.
Can see us going hard for Sam Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back