List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
family guy bruce GIF

I swear if we lose another player to the Blues...

There's just no way to lose a club man like Banfield unless his contract is so disrespectful. He is loyal and bleeds purple. If we lose him especially to Carlton that will be a dagger. It's most likely bs anyway.

Carlton were keen on Hayward, signs. Also Blake Hardwick, signs. Carlton in a position to up any offer we table to Banfield if they want him. Would be hilarious if he left for them.

There's just no way to lose a club man like Banfield unless his contract is so disrespectful. He is loyal and bleeds purple. If we lose him especially to Carlton that will be a dagger. It's most likely bs anyway.
Especially after the club came out and explained what they were trying to create

Imagine banners went to the blues to play on the other wing to acres ...lol
Banners isn’t a winger. He has filled that role briefly for short stints but that is it. They have the Hollands brothers and Acres. The younger Hollands was being talked up on radio the other day as great pick-up and a lock for their wing role for the next decade.

Would be strange for Banners to leave. He has found his niche this year. He leave and go to a new club and he may not slot in as well.

Banners isn’t a winger. He has filled that role briefly for short stints but that is it. They have the Hollands brothers and Acres. The younger Hollands was being talked up on radio the other day as great pick-up and a lock for their wing role for the next decade.

Would be strange for Banners to leave. He has found his niche this year. He leave and go to a new club and he may not slot in as well.
he may have thought about it when he couldn't get a game each week, but he seems to be secure now

Who says no:

Freo give: Erasmus, 2 first rounders
Freo get: Warner
Sydney get; our best first and Barrass
Eagles get; Erasmus, 1st rounder (could use on Baker or the draft

We'd need a better first than we are likely to have to get Sydney interested I reckon

I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlton had inquired. I wouldn’t be surprised if his manager was leaking it to the media.

I would be surprised if he left and we keep talking about how our forward line isn’t good enough. It isn’t a Logue situation where we couldn’t make it work.

If he did leave, the club better deliver on the trade front.

Carlton were keen on Hayward, signs. Also Blake Hardwick, signs. Carlton in a position to up any offer we table to Banfield if they want him. Would be hilarious if he left for them.

If they are offering Hayward money for him then we will have four first round draft picks to play with at the end of the year.

I will only take Banfield leaving if Stengle comes in.

Surely 2 years at 400 to 500k gets it done.

I don't think his living in Perth would be any different to living in Adelaide and neither are the same as living in Geelong, if he wants to move on it should be to Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also worth mentioning that next year Fremantle may not be in a position to pay anything close to what we are now and if Warner says "it's Freo for me" then Sydney are stuffed. Freo will still get their player.

If there's a possibility I would even consider trading one of our firsts to another club to just buy some salary cap space for 2026.

Consider an offer of three firsts for Chad this year, turned down, fair enough, so we spend our cash with two at the draft and one offloaded to another club for salary cap space in 2026 then end of 2025 we front Warner's deal with that extra $800k we bought end of this year and offer two firsts for him.
These type of scenarios you often present are just daft.
There is ample recent examples in the AFL trade scene, including ones that involve some of our own players, to show these kind of things just don’t happen.
You are essentially saying - if we spend most/all the draft capital we have this year, but Chad still requests a trade to us next year, and he’s OOC next year, then Sydney will just have to accept whatever trade capital we have left over next year, even if it’s a fraction of the true worth of Warner. Tough shit Sydney eh?

A similar scenario evolved when Cerra was leaving us as an OOC player. He wanted to get to Melbourne first but they didn’t have anywhere near the picks required to trade for him. Guess what? A deal didn’t happen.
He then chose Carlton because they were willing to part with pick 5.

Or we can look at the OOC Luke jackson, who was coming across to us from Melbourne. I’m sure if you were the list manager back then you might have gone into the meetings with the dees and Luke’s agent and said “here’s one late first round pick and a packet of peanuts - Luke’s OOC, that’s your problem, take it or leave it”
It didn’t really turn out like that did it? We paid up, handsomely. It was a fair price for a top line asset and as Docker82 said, it made minimal difference that he was OOC.

Chad Warner is arguably in the top 5 players in the AFL, aged 23 and make no mistake - we will pay a staggeringly large trade price to bring him to this club, if it happens this year or next. Him being OOC makes stuff all difference. I personally think he’s worth more than jackson was in a trade, as he’s a more proven elite asset now that LJ was when he was traded.

Not since Chris Judd has a player of this combined proven elite level and young age been traded from one club to another and it’s going to cost a bomb. If he keeps kicking 2 goals a week from midfield it will soon get to the point where he’s borderline unbuyable.

For what it’s worth I’m in the the “pay whatever it takes to bring him in camp” but I’m also not naive enough to think the cost isn’t going to make us all very nervous…

Why not? He's developed to bemore than adequate as a role player, with the added plus of being versatile.
Just this year he's played forward, wing and even filled in down back when we had injuries in game.

Every premiership has role players and individuals that aren't that great.
Posts saying we can't win a flag with Bailey Banfield or other players in the side are rubbish. Any player on our list that's played AFL footy is good enough to play in a flag right now if some of the players that have played in flags are anything to go off.

Sure if the worst five of those players all played in the selected 22 there's no way we're winning a premiership. But one of them? - Have people seen some of the absolute spuds that have won flags?!

Based off 2024 form Banfield doesn't belong in this conversation anyway btw.

Who says no:

Freo give: Erasmus, 2 first rounders
Freo get: Warner
Sydney get; our best first and Barrass
Eagles get; Erasmus, 1st rounder (could use on Baker or the draft

We'd need a better first than we are likely to have to get Sydney interested I reckon

We would do that trade without even thinking about it, which suggests it is stacked in our favour and Sydney and/or WC would not be happy.

It's not actually clear who Young manages anymore. We can't see from public info who he took with him when he started the new agency as the Corporate Sports Australia site (old company: MacDougal) is not up to date (still has the 2023 listings) and the new company site, somewhat instructively I reckon, is not built. Just a parked domain: www.youngguns.net.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back