List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying this on here for years.

People on here act like the same player could be traded for a first rounder OOC and two first rounders when contracted.

The reality is, especially for the most valuable players, is that the difference is minimal compared to what most on here seem to think.

The above example would be more like a first and second OOC and two first rounders whilst contracted.

For players like Luke Jackson or Chad Warner being OOC really makes little difference in trade value IMO. We'll still pay a ****tonne next year for Warner - difference is this year Sydney can simply say no.

Also worth mentioning that next year Fremantle may not be in a position to pay anything close to what we are now and if Warner says "it's Freo for me" then Sydney are stuffed. Freo will still get their player.

If there's a possibility I would even consider trading one of our firsts to another club to just buy some salary cap space for 2026.

Consider an offer of three firsts for Chad this year, turned down, fair enough, so we spend our cash with two at the draft and one offloaded to another club for salary cap space in 2026 then end of 2025 we front Warner's deal with that extra $800k we bought end of this year and offer two firsts for him.

Also worth mentioning that next year Fremantle may not be in a position to pay anything close to what we are now and if Warner says "it's Freo for me" then Sydney are stuffed. Freo will still get their player.

If there's a possibility I would even consider trading one of our firsts to another club to just buy some salary cap space for 2026.

Consider an offer of three firsts for Chad this year, turned down, fair enough, so we spend our cash with two at the draft and one offloaded to another club for salary cap space in 2026 then end of 2025 we front Warner's deal with that extra $800k we bought end of this year and offer two firsts for him.

But if you're Sydney 2025 you almost risk the potential discount on the trade price to get another year of peak Chad while in contention don't you?

But if you're Sydney 2025 you almost risk the potential discount on the trade price to get another year of peak Chad while in contention don't you?

Yes, short of him starting to make noises about his head not being in the game with his family away or a baby in the works which would be even more of a distraction - there's no reason for them to consent to it.

What is the future pathway for Erasmus and Brodie if Warner comes?

Brodie becomes difficult to justify even having on the list and should actively seek another home.

Erasmus is young and still developing. He isn't damaged goods, but he also is not going to find it easy to get opportunity, even if Fyfe retired.

Our midfield would be locked and loaded.

If Warner is inbound Erasmus should be on the table as a trade piece.

Brodie becomes difficult to justify even having on the list and should actively seek another home.

Erasmus is young and still developing. He isn't damaged goods, but he also is not going to find it easy to get opportunity, even if Fyfe retired.

You probably don’t expect Fyfe or JOM to be there for too much longer. So there’ll still be an extra spot available.

Brodie looks to be behind Erasmus. Seems there's a spot there for Erasmus when Fyfe retires (if we don't bring in an opposition gun). I think he'd do alright in that role even now tbh.

Brodie already looks like he's going to rot away in the WAFL until his contract expires. Seems a last resort now that JL will only pick if there's no other inside mids available to come into the team. A salary dump trade probably looks best for everyone involved imo. We're better off developing the next guy than keeping a 26 year old who's already three injuries from very specific players away from playing.

You probably don’t expect Fyfe or JOM to be there for too much longer. So there’ll still be an extra spot available.
I don't see it panning out that way.

MJ is being rehearsing to replace Fyfe. In the meantime he is being cast off-Broadway, but Simpson, NOD, Chapman and Stanley are auditioning, and Erasmus doesn't fit the part.

If he is happy to be O'Meara's understudy for a couple of years, all good.

There is talk around the traps that Chad's girlfriend is a Sydney girl and he has recently bought a house in Sydney? Does anyone know if those things are correct?

I did read those two bits of information or misinformation somewhere from a Sydney supporter, so who knows what the truth is?

There is talk around the traps that Chad's girlfriend is a Sydney girl and he has recently bought a house in Sydney? Does anyone know if those things are correct?

I did read those two bits of information or misinformation somewhere from a Sydney supporter, so who knows what the truth is?

Alice Hughes is from Perth. I don't think she's Ethan's little sister but it would be very funny if that were a family connection too.

Aquinas.jpeg

For those who like to play "Where's Wally?" I believe Jeremy Sharp and Chad Warner are in this photo

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick bit of public searching tells me she’s based in Sydney.
My understanding (as we get a bit gross here in our need for The Chad) is she goes over every now and then for a bit bit still effectively in Perth.

Man Body GIF

who is he? lol

That us a model that has been used as a "Chad" in terms of a dude who is so manly he will steal your girl.

The model is/was a virgin from memory which makes it most a delicious bit of internet lore.

That us a model that has been used as a "Chad" in terms of a dude who is so manly he will steal your girl.

The model is/was a virgin from memory which makes it most a delicious bit of internet lore.
Then there's the ultimate Chad of Chad's.

The Gigachad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back