List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your hate of Bolton is not warranted and is clouding your judgment, Bolton is exactly the type of player we need.
The trade cost concerns me. He is under contract for many years. Richmond seem odds on to lose Baker (WC/Freo) and Dan Rioli (GC). They won’t want to lose Bolton as well.

Freo appear to be all chips in for Warner. More likely in 2025 when out of contract. We do have a battle on our hands with WC also very interested and losing some bigger contracts like Gaff and probably Darling.

Freo appear to be all chips in for Warner. More likely in 2025 when out of contract. We do have a battle on our hands with WC also very interested and losing some bigger contracts like Gaff and probably Darling.
Warner just saw up close just how awesome Freo is. He spent most of the game slack-jawed and spectating as we tore up his team in the middle. 🤣

Doubt he would want to go to West Coast only to have Harley Reid bugger off back to Melbourne and leave him carrying the team into oblivion.

Your hate of Bolton is not warranted and is clouding your judgment, Bolton is exactly the type of player we need.
It’s not hate, I just don’t see why some feel like he’s the solution. I would prefer to see our current players rewarded than anybody from a team like Richmond who will be coming to Freo just for the money. Has Tippett written all over it. I’m not keen for us to get Baker either.

It’s not hate, I just don’t see why some feel like he’s the solution. I would prefer to see our current players rewarded than anybody from a team like Richmond who will be coming to Freo just for the money. Has Tippett written all over it. I’m not keen for us to get Baker either.

So you don't want players who would improve the side to help win our first premiership? You would rather hope our list is good enough

As our backline gets stronger with Pearce and cox to return. Draper and even Hugh's to pick from.
Heath Chapman will move to the midfield.
Will Warner blow up our list?
He would be pretty special to have but we shouldn't Rob Peter to pay Paul..

I would prefer Kossy.
Would he be keen for a move back ?
Having a goal kicking small who knows how to pressure would weight this young list perfectly.
He would also be expensive.😬

Have a look at all the sides that have won flags recently they trade in players to take that final step to win flags, Collingwood Hill NS medalist, Geelong Cameron and Stengle and Lynch to Richmond a few examples we are missing a small fwd Bolton would be perfect.

I am fairly confident the environment at Freo will allow Bolton to play to the best of his abilities. He's not going to be able to cruise while players like Brayshaw and Serong are around.

The team needs an electric small forward who is able to create goal scoring opportunities. Bolton is absolutely that player.

I am fairly confident the environment at Freo will allow Bolton to play to the best of his abilities. He's not going to be able to cruise while players like Brayshaw and Serong are around.

The team needs an electric small forward who is able to create goal scoring opportunities. Bolton is absolutely that player.
So who would you get rid of for him bearing in mind he is still contracted to Richmond? I’m quite confident our forward line is starting to get some kind of chemistry, and we still have kids waiting their turn in the WAFL.

Last edited:
As our backline gets stronger with Pearce and cox to return. Draper and even Hugh's to pick from.
Heath Chapman will move to the midfield.
Will Warner blow up our list?
He would be pretty special to have but we shouldn't Rob Peter to pay Paul..

I would prefer Kossy.
Would he be keen for a move back ?
Having a goal kicking small who knows how to pressure would weight this young list perfectly.
He would also be expensive.😬
We have to fit Cooper Simpson in too. Sebit Kuek is going to be interesting as well. Be a shame to recruit such talented kids to then not be able to fit them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker and Bolton are already getting paid a shit tonne if they stay at Richmond, ridiculous to think they'd be coming here just for money

Bolton walks into our side ahead of 15 other players
Even in his position he would replace Banfield, Switta, Sturt or Frederick and be an upgrade. I love all 4 of those guys but Bolton is an upgrade. If those earlier rumours are true and Switta wants out, it’s a like for like swap in terms of position if not the way they play, Switta is more defensive but Bolton more attacking.

Warner will play high half forward and mid - thats his strength and what we desperately need.
Bolton - pipe dream but if he is gettable you gotta go get him - game changer and draws a crowd to shut him down
Baker - has a lot of caarnt about him, we need that imo- big time…replaces an Aish or Wagner in current role

I keep seeing people all over social media talking about McDonald and us but like, we're not interested in him anymore if I'm correct?

We haven't wanted McDonald in a long time, and to be honest he wouldn't add anything to the forward line.

Warner will play high half forward and mid - thats his strength and what we desperately need.
Bolton - pipe dream but if he is gettable you gotta go get him - game changer and draws a crowd to shut him down
Baker - has a lot of caarnt about him, we need that imo- big time…replaces an Aish or Wagner in current role

Warner swapping with Young is
Sexy Look GIF

I am starting to get a little bit torn, I absolutely love this list and maybe I overrate it but I see so much young talent everywhere that I worry the cap cost of Warner or Bolton. I suppose I'll just back the club in there and back Walls to keep hitting gold in the draft to replace whoever we lose.

Losing any of our core players ( and I'm close to putting Sturt and Johnson in that group) is non-negotiable

We have to fit Cooper Simpson in too. Sebit Kuek is going to be interesting as well. Be a shame to recruit such talented kids to then not be able to fit them in.
It's not about making space for talented youngsters, it is about projecting and working out what gives us the best chance to win a premiership (priority 1) and then sustained success (priority 2).

If that's backing the speculative youngsters we have (R2 and MSD) great, if it's going and getting a player in a position of need, particularly because we lost Schultz then that's what we should do.
I believe it's the latter in this case.

Depth and pushing out AFL level players is actually great, it's just a balance to keep everyone as happy as possible and the list in a good state.

Sturt is averaging 2.9 goals this season and Bolton is averaging 1.5. Sturt is costing us very little, is younger, and he is hungry for a flag. Banners is a versatile player who can play anywhere from the backline, to the wing, to the forward - I also wouldn't call Banners a "small forward". Switta has been a massive contributor for the past few weeks. Just because someone runs around celebrating their goals with enthusiasm, doesn't make them the best small forward. And, like I said, we still have to fit in players like Cooper Simpson, Delean and Kuek. It's far more sustainable to develop these younger players for the future than to risk losing them because we become impatient and want a quick fix.

I am starting to get a little bit torn, I absolutely love this list and maybe I overrate it but I see so much young talent everywhere that I worry the cap cost of Warner or Bolton. I suppose I'll just back the club in there and back Walls to keep hitting gold in the draft to replace whoever we lose.

Losing any of our core players ( and I'm close to putting Sturt and Johnson in that group) is non-negotiable
100% agree - we want to be relevant for a long time

Given her stringent support of all things purple, it would be very interesting to see what happened if he did join...
I'm the 102nd member of Freo and am yet to be incorrect with my forecasts. I rarely dislike a player, other than Henry (but even then I felt sorry for him and was concerned about his mental health when the crowd jeered him). I felt like Henry played for Henry, and his reasons for leaving (which were probably really bravado) were why I disliked him.

It's not about making space for talented youngsters, it is about projecting and working out what gives us the best chance to win a premiership (priority 1) and then sustained success (priority 2).

If that's backing the speculative youngsters we have (R2 and MSD) great, if it's going and getting a player in a position of need, particularly because we lost Schultz then that's what we should do.
I believe it's the latter in this case.

Depth and pushing out AFL level players is actually great, it's just a balance to keep everyone as happy as possible and the list in a good state.
it is a bit - we still have to give them opportunities and fit them into our salary caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back