• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance, they’re not that silly.

Even the most optimistic fan / executive is aware of where they are going to be for a few more seasons.
They offered up their F1 (this years) twice during the draft last year apparently. Once to the Crows for Curtin and the other time to Bombers or Cats (can't remember) for Caddy.

I suspect the option is there most years, but like us, the recruiters get giddy about this years players and don't have the patience.

If they are serious about trading Barrass, the swans will need better than pick 16-18 to get it done, maybe that brings the Warner trade back into calculation for this year?
Strangely not being linked with Swans at all though? Would think 5 years of Barrass and picks is better than one year of Warner (if he's leaving)

Strangely not being linked with Swans at all though? Would think 5 years of Barrass and picks is better than one year of Warner (if he's leaving)
I would have thought so, especially since they've still got Mills to come back, Rampe is 34 and they are 1 McCartin injury away from having minimal quality KPDs.

That said, Chad is great so I can understand.

All smoke and mirrors from the swans, they can’t out themselves as being in the chase for Barrass as that would mean they are open to trading Warner and reduce his value at trade week.
#c#chadlocked

Some people like to point to the Papley situation as an example of Sydney not trading contracted players, but Sydney were prepared to trade Papley if they could bring in Daniher. Dodoro turned down pick 9 and a future first for Daniher. Daniher played four more games for Essendon then left as a free agent.

So if Sydney can use Warner to bring in someone they like it's definitely a possibility.

Some people like to point to the Papley situation as an example of Sydney not trading contracted players, but Sydney were prepared to trade Papley if they could bring in Daniher. Dodoro turned down pick 9 and a future first for Daniher. Daniher played four more games for Essendon then left as a free agent.

So if Sydney can use Warner to bring in someone they like it's definitely a possibility.
I agree.

Have long maintained that them getting quality was the only way we can get Chad this year. Barrass won't be available next year.

They probably don't have the cap space.

I know he's not their first choice this season but if they lined up with Hamling and Barass in the backline next season, that's some serious defensive power.

Just do it Sydney and give us the Chad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The three-way trade:
  • Sydney get Barass and Fremantle F1
  • Sydney lose Warner

• WC get our 2nd First round
  • WC lose Barass

• Fremantle get Warner
  • Fremantle lose F1, 2nd First round

Thoughts?
Favours Freo too much. West Coast won’t want to assist Freo with Warner so you can scrap the whole idea personally.

Also all reports to Barrass going to Hawks/WB. He turned down Sydney last year and seems to be contemplating the idea this time around due to Vic clubs offering a contract.

If he and Battle end up at Hawks look out.

Also Hawks have Denver Grainger-Barras and WB have Jedd Busslinger. I can see one of those two players thrown in as a sweetener so WC have a developing KPD replacement.

The three-way trade:
  • Sydney get Barass and Fremantle F1
  • Sydney lose Warner

• WC get our 2nd First round
  • WC lose Barass

• Fremantle get Warner
  • Fremantle lose F1, 2nd First round

Thoughts?
Not miles off, but agree that WCE would want more than just a pick around 10.

If players wanted these teams this trade is about 90% the gist of it.

All smoke and mirrors from the swans, they can’t out themselves as being in the chase for Barrass as that would mean they are open to trading Warner and reduce his value at trade week.
#c#chadlocked
Not so sure myself. He turned down a massive contract from Sydney last year. I don’t reckon he wants to go to Sydney. A Melbourne club is completely different.

This explains why Barrass to Sydney trade won’t happen this year.

Regarding our pick 2/3 and F1, the only way I can see a trade getting done is with multiple picks especially when we’re likely to be favourites for the spoon next year.

Eg: our F1 for pick 6 and 13 as the meat of the deal.

If you were unable to get Bolton, I also think we’d be interested in a trade involving Liam Ryan and your 4th choice ruckman Max Knobel.

Favours Freo too much. West Coast won’t want to assist Freo with Warner so you can scrap the whole idea personally.

Also all reports to Barrass going to Hawks/WB. He turned down Sydney last year and seems to be contemplating the idea this time around due to Vic clubs offering a contract.

If he and Battle end up at Hawks look out.

Also Hawks have Denver Grainger-Barras and WB have Jedd Busslinger. I can see one of those two players thrown in as a sweetener so WC have a developing KPD replacement.
Apart from the Hawks info, the other stuff is not difficult to resolve.

Sydney and Fremantle complete the Warner trade (maybe including a 2nd).

Sydney and WC do their deal.

I'd say there is no link as they have used all the space up in their cap now

I also reckon they weren't happy that Barrass approached them and then changed his mind (this is pure speculation)

Not miles off, but agree that WCE would want more than just a pick around 10.

If players wanted these teams this trade is about 90% the gist of it.
Only way West Coast are getting more than 10 for Barrass is if they pay a good chunk of his contract

Lets not overrate him here, will be 29 next year and never been AA

Crap teams trading out good older players to get more young talent in is fine but it should also preclude you from any sort of priority picks , same as not matching your RFA’s

Letting shit teams trade out your good experienced players for picks and then get out the begging bowl for draft assistance is completely stupid

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crap teams trading out good older players to get more young talent in is fine but it should also preclude you from any sort of priority picks , same as not matching your RFA’s

Letting shit teams trade out your good experienced players for picks and then get out the begging bowl for draft assistance is completely stupid

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tha Afl supposedly takes that into consideration.

This explains why Barrass to Sydney trade won’t happen this year.

Regarding our pick 2/3 and F1, the only way I can see a trade getting done is with multiple picks especially when we’re likely to be favourites for the spoon next year.

Eg: our F1 for pick 6 and 13 as the meat of the deal.

If you were unable to get Bolton, I also think we’d be interested in a trade involving Liam Ryan and your 4th choice ruckman Max Knobel.
Ryan fails the campaigner test, we don't want him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back